Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't he Spider-Man 2099 or called Future Spider-Man ? Also wasn't the book cancelled last year ?
    Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was marketed as 2099 but still referred to as Spider-Man. Wasn't aware that the book was cancelled though I thought it was doing pretty good.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    In addition to Bendis leaving it seems that Miles is getting a new alias. It's ridiculous to me as Miguel remains Spider-Man.

Welp when BleedingCool posts a rumor people take it as gospel and look for any reason to trumpet the downfall of a character they “don’t like”

BANNED

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was marketed as 2099 but still referred to as Spider-Man. Wasn't aware that the book was cancelled though I thought it was doing pretty good.

Correct, odd that people have no problem making the distinction between him and Pete but suddenly there’s a issue when it comes to Miles with the lie that casuals won’t be able to tell the difference between the two. There can only be one and it must be Peter because “reasons” even though going by this place the people saying it must be Peter aren’t even reading his damn comic not even RYV which features the marriage they won’t stop beating off too

Apparently Disney "browned up" some white extras on the set of the live action Aladdin

https://www.themarysue.com/disney-wh...xtras-aladdin/

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Welp when BleedingCool posts a rumor people take it as gospel and look for any reason to trumpet the downfall of a character they “don’t like”
    True but a significant or least very vocal segment of fans have been praying for Miles' downfall since his inception. I always felt it was crazy to put so much time and energy into things you hate but these people seem to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Correct, odd that people have no problem making the distinction between him and Pete but suddenly there’s a issue when it comes to Miles with the lie that casuals won’t be able to tell the difference between the two. There can only be one and it must be Peter because “reasons” even though going by this place the people saying it must be Peter aren’t even reading his damn comic not even RYV which features the marriage they won’t stop beating off too
    I think in Miguel's case his complexion is just right so that same segment of fans I mentioned don't mind him. Or perhaps they feel that his existence didn't threaten Peter's popularity, which is stupid because it's possible to like more than Spider-Person. Now if I could cut the BS for a bit I know for a fact that some readers are just bigots and won't be satisfied until Miles' book is cancelled, he's killed off in a pathetic fashion and Bendis writes a letter apologizing for "spitting in Stan Lee's face", something I've actually seen people say. For them it's not about Miles getting his own identity it's about not wanting a black character encroach on their escapist fantasy about the world's biggest nerd, who attracts hot women like a damn magnet. Enough of my tangent though. The RYV situations isn't shocking as some readers wanted to have their cake and eat it too. It's like sure he's married to MJ and they have a kid but it's an AU or it's not like the MC2 or whatever reason they can think of not to flock to the one thing they claimed they wanted.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Extraordinary Member

In addition to Bendis leaving it seems that Miles is getting a new alias. It's ridiculous to me as Miguel remains Spider-Man.
    That was a just a rumor. The rumor was that they were going to rename Miles' version of Spider Man to Spy-D as if he were a rapper
    in the mid 80's or something.

Even the article where the rumor appeared stated it was a rumor.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How many of them have helped with recruiting?

How many of them asked what schools did the Ivy league go to? Are they going to black high schools? Or are they going to schools with a large immigrant population?

Where are they having college fairs? Were they invited to those fairs?

Who is applying? And that falls to the high school counselors. Are they encouraging this kids to apply or telling them to apply elsewhere?

Also what PERKS are "offered" for that first gen kid versus the other? For Texas for example there are PERKS to stay in Texas if you rank in the top 10% of your class (or state). I want to say you get a FREE ride to any Texas school.

If multi are not going to college-someone should ask them WHY before we attack a college.

How many are going the community college route first to get classes out of the way for CHEAP before going to that higher price school?

The way they did it was playing the victim and claiming they had it worst than anyone else.

Where is the DATA to back them up? Not some crybaby letter or tossing out self hate cards towards your own race.

Because those Ivy schools will have theirs.
    Did you read the letter, ain’t no self hate tossed around. And a lot of valid points that do called critics aren’t answering related to representation,inclusion and outreach to students, staff and the community at large.

A lot of the data online the ratio of “black” students at the school has wavered from 6-8% through the past few years. Despite what appears to be more applicants applying. They definitely have a right to question the university especially if it’s a trend that’s been going on for years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    That was a just a rumor. The rumor was that they were going to rename Miles' version of Spider Man to Spy-D as if he were a rapper

Miles is a legitimate threat and could really grow to surpass Peter in time. But alas I think the same thing that happened to numerous Green Lanterns as well as Dick Grayson/Wally West may also await him

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I gotta admit Spy-D is just one of the funniest names I ever heard. Course we have Scarlet Spider.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

True but a significant or least very vocal segment of fans have been praying for Miles' downfall since his inception. I always felt it was crazy to put so much time and energy into things you hate but these people seem to enjoy it.

I think in Miguel's case his complexion is just right so that same segment of fans I mentioned don't mind him. Or perhaps they feel that his existence didn't threaten Peter's popularity, which is stupid because it's possible to like more than Spider-Person. Now if I could cut the BS for a bit I know for a fact that some readers are just bigots and won't be satisfied until Miles' book is cancelled, he's killed off in a pathetic fashion and Bendis writes a letter apologizing for "spitting in Stan Lee's face", something I've actually seen people say. For them it's not about Miles getting his own identity it's about not wanting a black character encroach on their escapist fantasy about the world's biggest nerd, who attracts hot women like a damn magnet. Enough of my tangent though. The RYV situations isn't shocking as some readers wanted to have their cake and eat it too. It's like sure he's married to MJ and they have a kid but it's an AU or it's not like the MC2 or whatever reason they can think of not to flock to the one thing they claimed they wanted.
    I didn't want to say it but, this definitely feels like the reason.

In Marvel's new Exiles book the fifth member was revealed to be Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie and she's queer.
    https://www.newsarama.com/38088-thor...-universe.html

BANNED

It makes me extremely happy that I got Stan to sign the Miles Hip Hop variant which he even commented on that he liked the cover and Miles but what does his old ass know? Still wish Marvel would have greenlit a Spider-Men ongoing but maybe given how surprise titles are getting announced

Astonishing Member

So much truth in this one paragraph, it's because Miles is the biggest contender to possibly being as popular as his classic counterpart, which is also probably top 3 most popular superhero in today's society. So whenever I see comments like "venom blast is a one hit wonder." What that tells me is that mostly just want Miles to lose, because anyone who reads the comics know he's been getting knocked out like almost every issue, and yet that still isn't enough for these folks.

Just know black heroes aren't supposed to be good at stuff peeps, *cough* finn *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So much truth in this one paragraph, it's because Miles is the biggest contender to possibly being as popular as his classic counterpart, which is also probably top 3 most popular superhero in today's society. So whenever I see comments like "venom blast is a one hit wonder." What that tells me is that mostly just want Miles to lose, because anyone who reads the comics know he's been getting knocked out like almost every issue, and yet that still isn't enough for these folks.

Just know black heroes aren't supposed to be good at stuff peeps, *cough* finn *cough*
    It's part of this whole thing where people seem to have a problem with black characters being powerful, the way some describe it you'd think Miles just walked up to an opponent touched them once and the fight was over. They can't have their power fantasy if there's a character who's not white walking around that could beat their fave in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Some more Native American representation in video games....but is this good representation?

https://realotakugamer.com/poundmake...-rise-and-fall
    The character looks like a white person that they just painted brown, where are the defining features that are associated with minorities ...but that is not what the article is about.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Saw the poster for this movie in the subway today

I'm kinda "iffy" on it though...
    I have no interest in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Looks like Thunder is suiting up in the Black Lightning show.

Her costume is better than her father's.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    DeWanda Wise from She's Gotta Have It has been cast in Captain Marvel.
    http://deadline.com/2018/01/shes-got...on-1202235891/
    Imma keep my eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Completely right, Monica deserves better than being cast as Becky Danvers black friend..
    This truth, I am tired of the black best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Looks like that stuff about black people boycotting Black Panther because of who Jordan was dating was just a rumor

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/more/cu...ged-girlfriend
    I felt that.

To believe the hoax/rumor was to not think about what is actually being said.

Oh that was the source from what I saw, but there where websites that captured tweets from people saying they would boycott the film. So either this one troll also created a bit of twitter accounts to push the message (which is definitely possible.) or the troll sparked the movement and others jumped on it upon agreeing with the message. In either case, I don't see it harming Black Panther.
    Hoteps are jumping on board of boycotting Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It's part of this whole thing where people seem to have a problem with black characters being powerful, the way some describe it you'd think Miles just walked up to an opponent touched them once and the fight was over. They can't have their power fantasy if there's a character who's not white walking around that could beat their fave in a fight.
    I've always said if Peter had venom blast, no one would say anything.

Also, im gonna see if people saying anything about the vb once a new writer is writing Miles, b/c the hate boner people have for Bendis is ott.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-08-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

So...

It looks like there is a "Special Look" at Black Panther during Halftime of this evening's National Championship game.