Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/fox-new-mutants-...pool-moves-up/

This news made my day, they need to fire the the director and whoever else did the casting, then reshoot it all with non whitewashed actors/actresses or just kill the movie all together..
    Frig off mate, or at least keep your hate withing this thread and dont pollute the new mutants thread.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This news made my day, they need to fire the the director and whoever else did the casting, then reshoot it all with non whitewashed actors/actresses or just kill the movie all together..
    The article claims this is the reason...

The New Mutants shift comes as a big surprise given the release of a trailer as well as the heavy social marketing that’s been done so far to promote the movie. THR’s sources state that one reason for the change is because Fox wants to prevent an overlap with other X-Men movies in overseas markets, as seen where New Mutants and Deadpool 2 which would have clashed in theaters. A subsequent report on Tracking Board says Fox was pleased with the audience response in general, but plans to rework the film to play up its horror aspects in order to truly scare audiences.
    It looks like they are gonna push to play up the horror aspect and market the film towards that. They will try and get the date/horror crowd for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Can they go a step further and throw this movie in the trash...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mother of Young H&M Model Tells People To “Get Over It” & “Stop Crying Wolf”

https://www.themarysue.com/mother-of-hm-model/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mother of Young H&M Model Tells People To “Get Over It” & “Stop Crying Wolf”

https://www.themarysue.com/mother-of-hm-model/
    As stated before soon I saw that the mother was Kenyan and lived in Sweden, I knew why this was the response that was given.

Let me leave a comment on the site.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-cast-1073646

Characters announced for the upcoming Suicide Squad animated film include Amanda Waller (duh!), Bronze Tiger (cool) and Scandal Savage (likely in a minor role). Too bad there's no El Diablo or Katana though...
    The line up seems cool but if this is anything like the previous, seemingly unconnected, SS movie but the whole team has targets on their backs. Well not Deadshot and Harley but everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    Hey guys, Happy 2018!

I was wonder if any of you been checking out Superstition?
    I finally started watching it a couple of weeks ago and I like it a lot.

Attachment 60617
    I know of it but haven't made time to watch it. My mother seems to enjoy though.

All I read was I get to see Deadpool 2 even sooner. I had no intention of of seeing New Mutants and Gambit, like the other slew of movies Fox keeps announcing, was probably never going to get released anyway. Honestly I feel the DCEU has the same problem of just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wait, so they're going up against the Reverse Flash? Ugh, I like the Suicide Squad, but I hate how lately they've been getting "Wolverine Syndrome," where they're basically winning fights because they're popular and not because it's possible for them to win. "Suicide Squad vs. Justice League" being a prime example of "How did this last longer than one page in one issue?"
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The article claims this is the reason...

It looks like they are gonna push to play up the horror aspect and market the film towards that. They will try and get the date/horror crowd for it.
    It's what I would do, too.

If you are gonna be a horror flick, be a horror flick and just release your flick on Holloween weekend to the Paranormal Activities crowd.

The audience they are targeting won't care about the source material anyway. They just wanna see something thrilling/jump scarey during Academy Award season where they are jonesing for stuff to watch.

Hell wait 'til September and that crowd will see it just because it's there.

That is kind of how the Paranormal Activities and Insidious series work.

The horror audience is very much a captive audience now. You really don't get 5 slasher/monster flicks a year on top of the latest Pinhead/Freddy/Jason
    joint coming out like you did in the 80's to early 90's.

That audience has to take what it can get now.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I can't remember the last good Horror movie I saw. The Exorcist TV show is pretty insane, and so is Ash vs. Evil Dead, but that's television. Insidious the Last Key looks so corny that it's an instant pass. Sorry, keys for fingernails is pretty stupid. Slenderman shouldn't be a movie at all, what with what happened with those little girls.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Wait, so they're going up against the Reverse Flash? Ugh, I like the Suicide Squad, but I hate how lately they've been getting "Wolverine Syndrome," where they're basically winning fights because they're popular and not because it's possible for them to win. "Suicide Squad vs. Justice League" being a prime example of "How did this last longer than one page in one issue?"
    I remember reading somewhere that extreme cold screws with Speed Force powers and they do have Killer Frost so I guess it isn't too unbelievable.

More troubled they brought back skinny Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Frig off mate, or at least keep your hate withing this thread and dont pollute the new mutants thread.
    Nah, this whitewashed trash is failing & well deserved.. And I continue to laugh that it is if/untill the problems are fix.. #Kill the whitewashed new mutants movie with fire..

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

John Ridley to write "The Other History of the DC Universe."
    10 Years A Slave writer John Ridley will write The Other History of the DC Universe, which, in DC's words, "will analyze iconic DC moments and chart sociopolitical gains through the perspectives of DC Super Heroes who come from traditionally disenfranchised groups."

The series will feature characters ranging from John Stewart, Vixen, Supergirl, and Katana, to lesser known characters such as Renee Montoya and Extraño of the Global Guardians.
    https://www.newsarama.com/38161-john...c-history.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I think you are forgetting Mace Windy and his purple light saber.
    I never said a black jedi didn't exist, I said he was receiving a major backlash for a black character being a jedi.
    And Mace Windu also receive backlash, though no where near the amount of backlash as Finn as Mace wasn't a main character, and the there were plenty of other things people hate about the prequels to where mace's backlash wasn't as noticeable.