Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I can't remember the last good Horror movie I saw. The Exorcist TV show is pretty insane, and so is Ash vs. Evil Dead, but that's television. Insidious the Last Key looks so corny that it's an instant pass. Sorry, keys for fingernails is pretty stupid. Slenderman shouldn't be a movie at all, what with what happened with those little girls.
    As far I know, only the Father of one of the attackers has called this movie out.

I am surprised at how little pushback the Slenderman movie has gotten.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Oh I know all that.

But the 90's rightly gets called out for certain...general anatomy abuses.

But I agree it wasn't just the 90's. When June Brigman left Marvel (years ago) they lost anybody who had any clue how to draw little kids or babies(to this very day).

Like Val Richards is supposed to be a toddler but she is drawn to be 8 because nobody over at Marvel can draw a toddler. At all.

It's hilarious.

LMAO So true. I think the 2000's too, I remember people use to bash the hell out of Michael Turner's art even though he was probably one of the most popular artists of that time, saying the anatomy was all type of wrong lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LMAO So true. I think the 2000's too, I remember people use to bash the hell out of Michael Turner's art even though he was probably one of the most popular artists of that time, saying the anatomy was all type of wrong lol.
    Maybe it's because I liked his work on Fathom, but I never thought Turners art was as egregious as J. Scott Campbell's, Rob Liefeld's, or Jim Balent's *shudder*.

Extraordinary Member

I have a question: why do people make so much fuss over Amanda Waller's weight?

I honestly don't care.

I think the most important thing is her intelligence, will, and drive to see her goals come to fruition, and heaven help anyone who gets in her way.

Lex Luthor used to be chubby. Actually, Lex has gone up & down the weight scale, depending on the continuity.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I honestly don't care.

I think the most important thing is her intelligence, will, and drive to see her goals come to fruition, and heaven help anyone who gets in her way.

Lex Luthor used to be chubby. Actually, Lex has gone up & down the weight scale, depending on the continuity.
    Because plus size people (women in particular) are a novelty in comics. Visual identifiers are important in character design, you should be able to recognize your character from the silhouette alone. You can instantly recognize Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    John Ridley to write "The Other History of the DC Universe."

https://www.newsarama.com/38161-john...c-history.html
    Sounds promising but I don't think of Renee as a lesser known character. She's one of DC's biggest minority character's and she belongs to the Bat franchise. Anyway I hope it also includes Black Lightning, Blue Beetle and Simon Baz! Amanda Waller would also be another interesting addition.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    As far I know, only the Father of one of the attackers has called this movie out.

I am surprised at how little pushback the Slenderman movie has gotten.
    Blaming movies, videos games, and the like for violence has been attempted before, and the idea didn’t exactly appeal to me then, nor does it now.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I'll be honest, there's a few exceptions like cover pieces, but I was not a big fan of Turner's art.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I honestly don't care.

As a middle-aged plus size woman of color she actually stood out in a superhero universe. Making her skinny she becomes just another generic model looking chick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    As a middle-aged plus size woman of color she actually stood out in a superhero universe. Making her skinny she becomes just another generic model looking chick.

Basically, it also went with her name “The Wall”. You can’t be a pallet swap skinny white model wit big boobs and be called that unless you just want to be a douche and say “it’s cause of the boobs she’s called the Wall!! Get it!?”

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    John Ridley to write "The Other History of the DC Universe."

https://www.newsarama.com/38161-john...c-history.html
    Someone on here does not belong and that character is Supergirl, they should have picked an alien who doesn't resemble a white person maybe someone who is another color and can't change their appearance like Martian Manhunter could.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Sounds promising but I don't think of Renee as a lesser known character. She's one of DC's biggest minority character's and she belongs to the Bat franchise. Anyway I hope it also includes Black Lightning, Blue Beetle and Simon Baz! Amanda Waller would also be another interesting addition.
    I didn't know who Renee was, and this was from someone who knew about Vixen whose probably was used less than Renee.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Basically, it also went with her name “The Wall”. You can’t be a pallet swap skinny white model wit big boobs and be called that unless you just want to be a douche and say “it’s cause of the boobs she’s called the Wall!! Get it!?”
    Well, she was never called "the Wall" because of her posture. It was more her personality, which makes Batman seem timid and meek.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Blaming movies, videos games, and the like for violence has been attempted before, and the idea didn’t exactly appeal to me then, nor does it now.
    Not the same though. The circumstances surrounding that stabbing have kind of tainted the whole thing. It feels really distasteful that someone would attempt a cash grab over this just because it's got a bunch of built in "free publicity." Not really a case of "Art is."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I didn't know who Renee was, and this was from someone who knew about Vixen whose probably was used less than Renee.
    Really? Interesting. I guess that means I watched too much of Batman:TAS. I believe that's where she was first introduced. I don't think she's quite taken off like Jessica Cruz has recently, but that's mostly because she doesn't have a superhero alter ego...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Really? Interesting. I guess that means I watched too much of Batman:TAS. I believe that's where she was first introduced. I don't think she's quite taken off like Jessica Cruz has recently, but that's mostly because she doesn't have a superhero alter ego...
    Not anymore, that is. They turned her into the new Question for a little while.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store