BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    The target audience assumes all Marvel movies/shows have a comic it just comes down to if they’ve read it and most probably have and may or may not care her and Luke aren’t together outside of comics
    The target audience of the MCU (or any superhero media outside comics really) doesn't read comic books. These things cost way too much money to aim them at such a tiny demographic.

Extraordinary Member

Caught ep 1 one Amazon cause I don't have cable. Wow. I really didn't expect this show to be as good as it was faster paced than Cage and a little more emotionally charged. I hope they can keep this up. And that assistant principal....DAMN she's fine!

For a CW show Black Lightning is pretty good. The costume isn't as bad as I first thought. So far I like it. I think it might have a chance on CW because they have different rating thresholds and are known for keeping shows on for a long time even when they don't perform well.

Fox would have cancelled this after a season. Free take ons one mainstream stuff if not overly original. I like the cast and the performances.

the costume could be a little better but its not as bad as I first thought.

Kind of reminds me of how I felt about Arrow in season 1, which really surprised me, than I lost interest in season 2. Same with Supergirl to a degree. Flash I just never really hopped on. Some of the clips on youtube I see are cool but I can't make it through a whole episode.

Music was okay wish it was a little better, but for a CW show with that kind of budget I was presently surprised. Will see how the seasons shapes up. I'll stick with it, because I actually do appreciate the CW going for this type of show, because I know some network executives were definitely against it.
    The J-man

New trailer for Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Kind of like the bait-and-switch of Luke and Jessica being a couple, on the Netflix shows. Her first season was helped immensely by including him in half of it; his was not helped by effectively pretending she didn't exist, and none of the things that happened on her show ever did.

The questionable behind-the-scenes politics of it aside, further developing the complexity of their relationship -- and having a second super-powered badass on-hand for action sequences -- could probably have helped his show drag less, as it occasionally did. Kind of like how not ignoring Luke, Jessica, and Matt's shows might have helped Iron Fist not be the completely lackluster mess it ended up being. You know, you've already done the white super-ninja thing, and done it really well -- acknowledge that, and have your Danny Rand be something different. In addition to the Iron Fist, his relationship with Luke is one of the things that would have had him look pretty different from Matt.

Tangent, but yeah -- the Luke and Jessica thing kind of makes me not want to keep watching those shows -- more than how disappointing Iron Fist was, and how much he helped drag Defenders down.
    Eh, I wouldn't really call it a Bait and Switch. I mean the MCU has been throwing curveballs left and right with this series. (I mean look at Thor Ragnorak with both his eye getting cut out and no longer having mjonir.) The MCU has always been changing things, sometimes drastically from it's source material from what we seen here. That doesn't mean all of them are good changes, though. And really, it's Marvel. Did you really expect Marvel to commit to an Interracial Relationship, telelvision wise, between a black male and a white female? Of course not, we all know the outrage that would happen because of it. So I do believe part of the writing that was inserted was to make it very hard for a relationship between to the two, to spawn, primarily because of the history they have in the comics. After all, it will take a lot of mental gymnastics to accept what Jessica Jones did in the show. But I believe that was the point, they wanted to make it near impossible for them to be together, no different than what we're seeing with Finn and Rey in the Star Wars Trilogy.

If you're a black man, you have to be with a black or hispanic woman in the MCU, (and a large part of Disney and the media in general, but that's a different tangent entirely.)

So I understand your concern completely, just don't expect things to change much sadly, at least not until I make my way up lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The target audience of the MCU (or any superhero media outside comics really) doesn't read comic books. These things cost way too much money to aim them at such a tiny demographic.

Considering that the general audience does buy comics they just buy them at comic shops since there’s so many ways to get them, the belief that they don’t is as big of a lie like Santa Claus

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    New trailer for Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay

I had heard rumors that Killer Frost would be in the Suicide Squad movie, but assumed she would be in the live action version. So Deadshot is a white guy in the animated version?

BANNED

Considering that the general audience does buy comics they just buy them at comic shops since there’s so many ways to get them, the belief that they don’t is as big of a lie like Santa Claus
    If they were then Avengers would be selling in the millions. It doesn't.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I had heard rumors that Killer Frost would be in the Suicide Squad movie, but assumed she would be in the live action version. So Deadshot is a white guy in the animated version?
    He was white in the Assualt on Arkham as well. I just think that it's funny that for some reason they decided to make this one R-rated.

Sneak peek at Cloak And Dagger

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If they were then Avengers would be selling in the millions. It doesn't.
    That’s not true, they’re not beholden to buy Avengers just cause. That’s just another lie in the many made up by grumpy old comic fans who hate the thought of new readers

BANNED

That’s not true, they’re not beholden to buy Avengers just cause. That’s just another lie in the many made up by grumpy old comic fans who hate the thought of new readers
    So what is it? Does the mainstream movie audience the MCU is aimed at buy comics or doesn't it?

Because new readers would be awesome, but it just isn't happening in significant numbers.

Hey, guys, So the first volume of my book IS'NANA THE WERE-SPIDER has finally been reprinted. It's on sale again on Amazon and was wondering if anyone would be interested in copping a copy. You can order from Amazon or get it directly from me.

It's a horror, fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider having to live up to his father's legacy while seeking his own place in the world. I'm also using this series as a gateway to introduce readers to more Black myths and spiritual figures, from African myths to Caribbean stories to Afro-American folktales.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0997362804
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Extraordinary Member

No, its not.

The last time we saw anything CLOSE to the general audience getting in on comics was the 90's collectability feeding frenzy.

If anything, the last ten years of Marvel movies have definitively killed the idea that Joe Sixpack has any interest in comics, aside from the movies that
    can be made from them.

The LCS should have seen a bonanza in casual interest based on the movies. They never did.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    He was white in the Assualt on Arkham as well. I just think that it's funny that for some reason they decided to make this one R-rated.
    Wasn't Assault also R?
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.