Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Rented Infinite from Redbox overnight and didn't even give it more than a half-dozen matches or so before returning to my years old copy of Dead or Alive 5 -- hard to believe that the company that got me hooked on fighting games back in the day -- combined with the company that got me hooked on comics -- can't even put together a game that keeps my interest for more than an hour these days.

Strider is still my ace though -- I just wish he was doing his thing somewhere other than a C-grade fighting game.
    I foubd this oj twatter and it represent my feelings very well.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Just one more reason Nightcrawler was one of my favorite characters back when Claremont was writing the X-Men -- Kurt was always very open about his belief in God and Christ and had no problem showing how devoted he was to his religion, whether through prayer or otherwise.

Lets just forget what Chuck Austen did to him with the whole priest and 2-3 dicks thing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Not sure how that matters. Other than maybe Harley Quinn the entire Suicide Squad was composed of obscure characters as far as the general audience is concerned. Not saying Terrific should be on the Squad, just that obscurity isn't an issue in using a character in a comic book movie.

Outside of comic fans, who really knew about Black Panther?

After one guest appearance, look at the positive reception his upcoming solo film is getting.

Obscurity don't mean ish.

What matters is the obvious care & effort put into a character's casting, design, and storyline.

DC/WB threw feces on the wall hoping something would stick with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    No.

You got some of that in Silver Age DCs. But most creators thought better of
    going there because then you have to answer questions like these:

Is Superman a Protestant? If so which branch?

If not, then is he a believer in the Gods of Krypton?

Does Wonder Woman try to convert others to her faith? Do people worship Wonder Woman?

Can a person even be an atheist in a world where the Spectre exists?

Best to avoid that mine field altogether.

You might get one or two characters that are explicitly Christian, or Buddist or are unbelievers but generally
    speaking they don't say what their characters believe.

Given what the Internets are like I don't blame them.
    I mean DC once did a book about the election and how superheroes vote, the book was building up for the last issue to see who superman was going to endorse only for superman to say something like "they would work with any administration but that superheroes shouldnt say for who to vote because how much of an influence they are", last page is Clark Kent voting and not telling Louis for who he voted.

I think it was really tasteful and answered a lot of question about the ideology of some heroes, i remember that Hal and Huntess were arguing for the conservative candidate.

BANNED

the one thing I can't wait to ridicule is all the thinkpieces from white people about Black Panther and what they think it means

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Are yuo talking about Marvel vs Capcom infinite no getting into Evo while Dragon ball figther z made it?

I can only say one thing: HA
    That's what happens when you don't actively go out of your way to piss off your fanbase.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's what happens when you don't actively go out of your way to piss off your fanbase.
    and how did Capcom do that THIS TIME?

I ask sarcastically

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and how did Capcom do that THIS TIME?

I ask sarcastically
    Ironically enough it was on the Marvel side. Capcom had some questionable decisions like removing 3 vs 3 battles and arcade endings, but the big thing that brought a bunch of negative attention was Marvel's Fox embargo, which meant the removal of any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters, despite them having been mainstays since the series' inception. You can predict how well that went over.

BANNED

Ironically enough it was on the Marvel side. Capcom had some questionable decisions like removing 3 vs 3 battles and arcade endings, but the big thing that brought a bunch of negative attention was Marvel's Fox embargo, which meant the removal of any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters, despite them having been mainstays since the series' inception. You can predict how well that went over.
    honestly my biggest gripe is the change in style, I liked the cartoony style and yes reduction of the roster size did not work for me

ill stick with MVC3

and picking up fighter Z this weekend

And of course cutting finished characters to sell as dlc

BANNED

DLC is the way of the world now, its never going away

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    And of course cutting finished characters to sell as dlc
    Well Arc system does that already, i do wonder what character they will use for the DBFZ since they already used all the note worthy villains, unless they decide to use more characters from super or characters from the movies like Brolly or Cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    DLC is the way of the world now, its never going away
    That is the attitude that make videogame companies take advantage of people, like EA

Extraordinary Member

I mean DC once did a book about the election and how superheroes vote, the book was building up for the last issue to see who superman was going to endorse only for superman to say something like "they would work with any administration but that superheroes shouldnt say for who to vote because how much of an influence they are", last page is Clark Kent voting and not telling Louis for who he voted.

I think it was really tasteful and answered a lot of question about the ideology of some heroes, i remember that Hal and Huntess were arguing for the conservative candidate.
    Like you'd have stuff like the Helena Bertinelli Huntress being Roman Catholic but somehow being able to justify being a Punisher type mob killer.

I kinda think it's either pointless at best or offensive at worse if the only type of Catholics you see in Comics are the kind that are
    either always going to confession after their killsprees or beatdowns or just before them.

But their faith never informs the character's decision to NOT use violence.

Extraordinary Member

That is the attitude that make videogame companies take advantage of people, like EA
    Since I'm old enough to remember when you had to buy the entire game all over again just to get new characters, DLC doesn't seem all THAT bad.

Anybody remember Street Fighter 2 (Base Game), Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition(Play as Bosses), Super Street Fighter 2(Cammy, Fei-Long, Dee-Jay and T-Hawk)
    and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Akuma) all being separate games?

And I'm leaving out one of the Turbo Editions that didn't add anything other than faster play and new moves for all the old characters.

Stuff like this is the main reason I can't get worked up about DLC.