BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    LOL there is now a conspiracy theory suggesting that Black Panther's huge presale numbers are Disney buying tickets in bulk to create a fake sense of hype.
    tin foil hats out strong on this one

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    tin foil hats out strong on this one
    This film could make over $1B and you'd still have some people trying to prove that Disney mailed out $20s and gave out Bitcoin to people to get them to buy tickets on their own that couldn't be traced directly back to Disney.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

LOL there is now a conspiracy theory suggesting that Black Panther's huge presale numbers are Disney buying tickets in bulk to create a fake sense of hype.
    Haha, what? THE MOUSE DOESN'T DO SHIT FOR FREE, lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    honestly my biggest gripe is the change in style, I liked the cartoony style and yes reduction of the roster size did not work for me

ill stick with MVC3
    I thought it peaked with the first Capcom X-Men game back when my girl Psylocke was in full effect and Spiral was putting hands on everything in sight.

SF vs X-Men brought in Gambit and a decent tag system so I could work with that but it just felt like it was all downhill from there for me -- outside of bringing back Psylocke and bringing in Strider, I wasn't really feeling the series from that point on, probably because I had moved on to Tekken and Virtua Fighter (with 3D action and no fireball and hyper combo cheese) by then and there was no turning back.

Mastering Nina Wiliams on Tekken felt like a real accomplishment to me and characters like Raven, Feng Wei, Lily and Lars just continued that tradition.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-07-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

The new BlazBlue also announced that two of the most popular characters people were asking for from RWBY will be available as free DLC. If Capcom had made Black Panther and Monster Hunter free DLC I doubt there'd have been as much backlash.
    Gotta admit -- Blake might get me back into playing 2D fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I get not liking Will Smith, but I don't see how it was "reverse racism".
    Not everything about the character connoted reverse racism, just the relationship between Deadshot and Rick Flag. I didn't try to count the number of times Smithshot gave his handler lip or even threatened him, but Flag just kind of mildly tolerates it, instead of simply pressing the button and blowing the assassin's head off.

This thread is replete with dozens of accusations of racism whenever a POC character is mistreated, or doesn't win a fight, or wins but doesn't win as magnificently as the poster wanted. The consensus is that such regressive situations are crafted to please regressive non-POC viewers. By the same logic, then, if one could prove that there were a wealth of films in which white characters were continually dumped on by POC but didn't even defend themselves-- that would connote reverse racism, crafted to please POC audiences.

But no, filmmakers catering to POC audiences would never lower themselves to, say, having a white superhero beat up by a big black guy at the start of the superhero's first movie, in a scene that has absolutely nothing to do with the main story. Or having a scene in which a real-life screenwriter goes to jail and gets threatened by a big black guy in prison, who also has nothing to do with the main story.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Really no point in expecting a serious discussion with someone who claims that "nothing was worse" about the Suicide Squad movie than Will Smith's "racism".

A troll that uses big words -- couched in pseudo-intellectual b------t -- is still just a troll.
    If you can't say anything intelligent, go back to ignoring me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    If you can't say anything intelligent, go back to ignoring me.
    Says the man who claims that the worst thing about Suicide Squad was Will Smith's "reverse racism".

I'll do as I please -- end of story.

Not everything about the character connoted reverse racism, just the relationship between Deadshot and Rick Flag. I didn't try to count the number of times Smithshot gave his handler lip or even threatened him, but Flag just kind of mildly tolerates it, instead of simply pressing the button and blowing the assassin's head off.
    It's curious that you assume that the reason why Flag doesn't press the fatal button is because of some weird intentions by the writers to depict Flag as somewhat submissive cause of some "reverse racism" agenda they would have.

Couldn't it be that Flag tolerates that shit cause he's the authority man there, that there is a mission to complete and that it would just be wrong to blow a man's head for some words?

I don't know, makes more sens to me.

Gotta admit -- Blake might get me back into playing 2D fighters.

I really hoped team JNPR would be in the game as well. Nora and Ren would be awesome to play as.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    I really hoped team JNPR would be in the game as well. Nora and Ren would be awesome to play as.
    I think there are going to be 40 total characters (about 20 more DLC) so I wouldn't be surprised if Pyrrha shows up as well.

I think there are going to be 40 total characters (about 20 more DLC) so I wouldn't be surprised if Pyrrha shows up as well.
    If Jaune makes it in, I'm curious how he would play. His semblance isn't a healing ability like people are saying but Ki Manipulation. He could technically use Ki blasts and other attacks like that and have a stance system by Switching from arming sword to bastard sword.
    Pyrrah could likewise shift from Spear to Sword with a stance shift as well.

Is it apparent I'm a fan of stance characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    It's curious that you assume that the reason why Flag doesn't press the fatal button is because of some weird intentions by the writers to depict Flag as somewhat submissive cause of some "reverse racism" agenda they would have.

Couldn't it be that Flag tolerates that shit cause he's the authority man there, that there is a mission to complete and that it would just be wrong to blow a man's head for some words?

I don't know, makes more sens to me.
    You're entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I get not liking Will Smith, but I don't see how it was "reverse racism".
    Especially since "reverse racism" isn't a thing.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

This thread is replete with dozens of accusations of racism whenever a POC character is mistreated, or doesn't win a fight, or wins but doesn't win as magnificently as the poster wanted. The consensus is that such regressive situations are crafted to please regressive non-POC viewers. By the same logic, then, if one could prove that there were a wealth of films in which white characters were continually dumped on by POC but didn't even defend themselves-- that would connote reverse racism, crafted to please POC audiences.

But no, filmmakers catering to POC audiences would never lower themselves to, say, having a white superhero beat up by a big black guy at the start of the superhero's first movie, in a scene that has absolutely nothing to do with the main story. Or having a scene in which a real-life screenwriter goes to jail and gets threatened by a big black guy in prison, who also has nothing to do with the main story.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
    Or it could have been just Deadshot being rebellious against Flagg.

I'm sure there's examples of of "reverse race-baiting" in some movies but I think you're reading something into the film that just isn't there. Using your logic scenes where Batman/Bruce Wayne challenges Amanda Waller he was being racist and sexist, right?