Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Gotta admit -- Blake might get me back into playing 2D fighters.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a big BB guy but I love Persona.

Not everything about the character connoted reverse racism, just the relationship between Deadshot and Rick Flag. I didn't try to count the number of times Smithshot gave his handler lip or even threatened him, but Flag just kind of mildly tolerates it, instead of simply pressing the button and blowing the assassin's head off.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Or it could have been just Deadshot being rebellious against Flagg.

I'm sure there's examples of of "reverse race-baiting" in some movies but I think you're reading something into the film that just isn't there. Using your logic scenes where Batman/Bruce Wayne challenges Amanda Waller he was being racist and sexist, right?
    It had nothing to do with race at all; it was about Soldier vs Contract Killer and the lack of respect they both had from each other:

Dialog from the movie
    Rick Flag: [to Deadshot] I'm a soldier! And you're a serial killer who takes credit cards. When the shooting starts, and it will, you'll cut and run.

Instead of running, Deadshot went into action. He began shooting and taking care of the bad guys.

He is all business and executes Amanda Waller's orders but does not always agree with her goals or methods

Deadshot: Oh. I'm sorry. You thought I was talking to you. No, errand boy. I'm talking to your boss.

Neither one had respect for each other till they both proved the other wrong.

The characters would have had the same interaction even if they cast a white person as Deadshot or a black person as Flag.

Bad movie yes but not racism, reverse (Isn't the reverse of racism, not racism...lol) or otherwise.

The proof is in the dialog.
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Are yuo talking about Marvel vs Capcom infinite no getting into Evo while Dragon ball figther z made it?

I can only say one thing: HA

So did GG Revelator which everyone has forgotten about and a BlazBlue Tag game that still doesn’t have a roster reveal and might not be out by then and Meelee which is at this point the destined to never fade away. Capcom Cup Pro is where the world finds out the fate for MVCI

Speaking of fighting games, what did you think of the TMNT trailer for injustice?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not a big BB guy but I love Persona.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they throw some P5 characters in there since that was one of the best games I played last year -- Makoto and Yusuke are prime choices for a fighting game. Maybe Yusuke can help me get my Samurai Showdown fix -- he's the closest thing to Ukyo Tachibana I've seen in a long while.

Definitely want to see more crossover action like this in the future -- love the mechanics of the Virtua Fighter characters on DOA and they did a good job with Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters.

And as much as I like seeing Sara Bryant kicking tail in that black dress, I was hoping they'd give me back that thicc (and dark-skinned) Vanessa Lewis from VF4 so I could team her up with Mika for some tag team MMA action.

Hopefully Tekken will follow through on their end as well -- Akuma and Geese Howard are a good start, but I want them to go deep and start remodeling characters like Ibuki and Iori Yagami, Tekken style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Speaking of fighting games, what did you think of the TMNT trailer for injustice?

Didn't even know this existed -- gotta check it out just to hear Raph smack talk everybody he fights -- especially Leo.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-07-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Isnt it ironic that most comics dont show characters praying or going to church?
    Priest has talked about this and how there is market for this.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It's the one hole in the"comics should reflect the real world" argument. In the real world people or religious a lot of people. Religious people are perhaps the most under represented demographic in comics.
    Very true, and religion is intertwined in the culture of people of color, I follow actors of color, especially black actors and I have seen the word God on their instagram and Twitter so many times, which is why it was a shock to see Tanya Spears aka Power Girl's religion brought up in Deathstroke b/c it doesn't seemingly happen.

So about Cyborg:

spoilers:
    In Justice League #38, Bruce makes him the new chairman of the Justice League. He also apparently is still a founding member of the team, even though the stuff with the Titans seriously complicates the timeline.
    end of spoilers
    Ugh, I wish they would stop, like and it already. Cyborg is like this dying animal that needs to be put out of his misery and the only way is to revert back his history.

LOL there is now a conspiracy theory suggesting that Black Panther's huge presale numbers are Disney buying tickets in bulk to create a fake sense of hype.
    If it's not the hoteps, it's the alt-right, if it's not them it's nbpoc, if it's not them it's DC fans and so on and so forth.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Hoteps are too busy "attending conferences" and being ashy

So did no one tell Priest about the Cyborg thing or is this editorial?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Hoteps are too busy "attending conferences" and being ashy
    I thought the hoteps would be out in force to see black panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I thought the hoteps would be out in force to see black panther.
    Oh, god no. You can always tell what Hoteps will rally behind because it typically involves them being fleeced by someone that mismanages money.

This appears like it will generate money. Ergo, nary a Hotep to be found.

That said, it's really too bad the word Hotep has been hijacked by/applied to fools.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-08-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So did no one tell Priest about the Cyborg thing or is this editorial?
    Priest was actually the one who showed Manhunter instead of Cyborg in a flashback in the first place, which makes it all the more confusing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Oh, god no. You can always tell what Hoteps will rally behind because it typically involves them being fleeced by someone that mismanages money.

This appears like it will generate money. Ergo, nary a Hotep to be found.

That said, it's really too bad the word Hotep has been hijacked by/applied to fools.
    *cough* Umar Johnson *cough*

also I prefer the term "ankh right"
    Last edited by TheInvisibleMan; 02-08-2018 at 09:24 AM.

LOL on Twitter there is now an argument about Aquaman not getting the same social hype as Black Panther.

LOL on Twitter there is now an argument about Aquaman not getting the same social hype as Black Panther.

That's because the only movie he's shown up in was wack as hell.

He was a "meh" part of a wack movie. Not a highlight of a good movie.

Bumblebee from Transformers isn't seeing much hype either. Better start a campaign.

Have they even released anything from Aquaman? Is there any footage? The Black Panther hype train didn't really start in full until they dropped that "Legend Has It" Teaser Trailer.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-08-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    That's because the only movie he's shown up in was wack as hell.

He was a "meh" part of a wack movie. Not a highlight of a good movie.

Bumblebee from Transformers isn't seeing much hype either. Better start a campaign.

Have they even released anything from Aquaman? Is there any footage? The Black Panther hype train didn't really start in full until they dropped that "Legend Has It" Teaser Trailer.
    I know that they make money, but the Transformers movies are unbearably awful, and the worst part is they don't have to be. Optimus Prime, Last Stand of the Wreckers, MTMTE, Combiner Wars, and Lost Light, are all good stuff, you can tell good stories with transformers. They don't have to be these long, boring, racist, sexist, cynical, cash grabs with overdesigned robots.