Seal's Sexual Battery Case Has Been Dropped

https://jezebel.com/seals-sexual-bat...ped-1822949661

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is that Valkyrie bull all over again. Gotta please those foreign censors, I guess.
    Yup, exactly. Although credit where credit is due; at least some of the people working on these movies have been trying to slip real LGBT representation into the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    EVO is 3days? I do wonder why MVC doesn't make it in..?

I have a feeling that was some petty/internal ish going on

not that I care, Ireally only watch for Street Fighter
    Holy Crap, Time flies. It just feels like yesterday where I watched EVO last year and having Punk perform the choke of the century during the street fighter finals lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    It's not like a person's hair is a melon and the only way you know it's ripe is to touch it. I feel it's totally rude for a stranger to ask or just touch someone's hair, no matter what style or texture or race. The saying goes "look but don't touch".

Think about like this, you're wearing a new cashmere coat and someone you don't know at all asks you can they touch it. Even if you say "no", wouldn't that make you think, "WTF"?

You can have interest in something different than you're used to, but it's creepy to want to touch or ask to touch somebody you don't know. And even if you do know the person in question, who wants somebody other than their hairdresser/barber touching their head?
    Eh, I have to disagree with this primarily because of the artist in me. Sometimes kinetic grasping allows me to replicate the item in a drawing better than just seeing alone. So if there's an item that interest me that I think would be great to draw with.

At the same time, there's also a cultural aspect you have to take into consideration, as the "personal bubble." and wanting to touch is varied greatly depending upon the culture and where you're from. Americans for example are higher on the personal space aspect than a country like China, who according to my friends, personal space is near non existent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is that Valkyrie bull all over again. Gotta please those foreign censors, I guess.
    I found out one of the biggest culprits for this, from what I was told, China has a clear ban on gay display of romantic expression in movies. So sadly lgbt representation is going to have an incredibly difficult time making it's way to mainstream media seeing as China is the second biggest movie presence in the world I believe. You definitely won't be seeing it from Disney, at all, with them being so focus on money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's a good thing for MvC that Arika's Fighting Layer EX isn't out yet because that probably would have made it into Evo as well instead
    of MvC at the rate things are going
    Ah yeah. It looks pretty dope from what I've seen.

Tiffany Haddish is starring in the next DC movie, an adaptation of the Vertigo title The Kitchen.
    https://www.avclub.com/tiffany-haddi...-mo-1822964476
    Last edited by Holt; 02-13-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's a good thing for MvC that Arika's Fighting Layer EX isn't out yet because that probably would have made it into Evo as well instead
    of MvC at the rate things are going

They have been planning that reboot/sequel since the original show ended. Complete with the concept of a Female lead. They may even have done a Pilot for an earlier version of that idea.

The only character they would have kept would have been Robert Culp's FBI Agent.

I hope the other 80's kids remember that before they freak the hell out.
    Heh, heh. Hope springs eternal they say. I saw complaints of "they already did a female version!!" when this was announced last year. This was before Simone was cast, though. Now I've seen some of them change their minds.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Tessa Thompson is starring as jewel thief Doris Payne.
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/te...ie-1202697523/

RIP Mahvel

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I found out one of the biggest culprits for this, from what I was told, China has a clear ban on gay display of romantic expression in movies. So sadly lgbt representation is going to have an incredibly difficult time making it's way to mainstream media seeing as China is the second biggest movie presence in the world I believe. You definitely won't be seeing it from Disney, at all, with them being so focus on money.
    China is definitely the country that everybody points to when the topic of foreign markets keeping LGBT representation out of popular movies comes up, but honestly I don't even think it's all about foreign censorship. Look at the comments sections for any online articles about the scene that was cut from Black Panther or Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok or the possibility of Poe Dameron being gay or Dumbledore in the next Fantastic Beasts movie, most of it is heterosexual Americans basically just shouting; "oh my god who cares who a fictional character has sex with". They use every excuse in the book to justify not having explicitly gay characters in these movies. And there's so many people who treat it like it's some kind of "either/or" situation where a movie can focus on minority representation or the quality of the film, because apparently they're mutually exclusive.

I used to believe that if these movies completely ignored foreign markets and only screened in North America there would be openly gay characters by now, but I don't anymore. For every one outright bigot who proudly proclaims that they don't like gay people and don't want to see them in these movies there's about ten people who just say; "I don't care about fictional characters' sexuality".
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 02-14-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    China is definitely the country that everybody points to when the topic of foreign markets keeping LGBT representation out of popular movies comes up, but honestly I don't even think it's all about foreign censorship. Look at the comments sections for any online articles about the scene that was cut from Black Panther or Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok or the possibility of Poe Dameron being gay or Dumbledore in the next Fantastic Beasts movie, most of it is heterosexual Americans basically just shouting; "oh my god who cares who a fictional character has sex with". They use every excuse in the book to justify not having explicitly gay characters in these movies. And there's so many people who treat it like it's some kind of "either/or" situation where a movie can focus on minority representation or the quality of the film, because apparently they're mutually exclusive.

I used to believe that if these movies completely ignored foreign markets and only screened in North America there would be openly gay characters by now, but I don't anymore. For every one outright bigot who proudly proclaims that they don't like gay people and don't want to see them in these movies there's about ten people who just say; "I don't care about fictional characters' sexuality".
    Im pretty sure Disney’s coddling of China’s government is what’s holding them back. And until such coddling hurts their wallets or they find an even richer foreign market that doesn’t have such reservations, it’s likely going to remain that way.
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 02-14-2018 at 07:26 AM.

With black panther coming this week i have a question for you, and i inagine you guys are excited about if not forget i said anything, the question is, why are you excited about?

For me is a weird reason, afro futurism, i care more about the idea of an African nation in the "future" since that is something you dont see in media a lot, we have already seen how Europe, East Asia and US look in the future, somerimes people forget or dont care how The rest of the world looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Im pretty sure Disney’s coddling of China’s government is what’s holding them back. And until such coddling hurts their wallets or they find an even richer foreign market that doesn’t have such reservations, it’s likely going to remain that way.
    It's definitely a factor but it's not the only factor in the equation and there are plenty of other foreign markets that are homophobic too. I just feel like blaming the lack of LGBT representation in popular movie franchises on China is an easy scapegoat that ignores the homophobia of western nations.

Considering that Disney has tried really hard to appeal to the Chinese market for the Star Wars movies without much success (at least not as much as they want from China) I wish they would just say; "screw it, we're not going to make as much in China so let's just let Poe Dameron be gay", but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Something I saw on facebook earlier this morning: Concept art by Grey Williamson for a pitch he & Kevin Grevioux gave at marvel back in '09

For those not familiar with Grey's incredible art check out his website: https://www.carbon-fibre.me/ He also did the original character design for dc's Mr. Terrific (the Michael Holt version).
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    With black panther coming this week i have a question for you, and i inagine you guys are excited about if not forget i said anything, the question is, why are you excited about?

For me is a weird reason, afro futurism, i care more about the idea of an African nation in the "future" since that is something you dont see in media a lot, we have already seen how Europe, East Asia and US look in the future, somerimes people forget or dont care how The rest of the world looks like.
    or at all

Im just waiting for the butthurt white blogger thinkpieces

as if we (black people) give a good gotdamb what they think