The characters in the art aren't everyone and the legacy numbering will continue it will just be dual numbering.
    https://news.marvel.com/comics/84862...-1-coming-may/
    "This isn’t a clearing of the slate—while these new starts will kick off with new #1s, we’ll be maintaining the classic Legacy issue counts as dual numbering on these titles as well,” says SVP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Oh, and don’t read anything into not seeing a character on the Jim Cheung piece…we can only squeeze so many characters in there without killing poor Jim!”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LMAO,

And people are surprised about this? I thought the whole stone Mehcad from Supergirl was proof enough.
    Who Supergirl kisses this month was the least of that book's worries.

I'm only surprised Supergirl's book lasted as long as it did. It was pretty bad and worse yet has none of the goofy charm of the TV series.
    She sold better for DC when she was troubled, flying jailbait.

But DC can't get away with that now so they are at a loss to create a version that the general comics fandom will care about.

DC has a real hard time pulling off goofy charm and they are even cancelling Super Sons which was the one book that had it.

So I figure the entire Superman line is getting a re-shuffling for Bendis' arrival.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Soooo

Supergirl finally gets a love interest (a black guy) and it looks like her book gets axed in May.

So for the second time she looks at a black boy and her book is gone.

And Cyborg gets to fight yet another Cyborg in his return. Must be nice have sales worst than Moon Girl under Marv Wolfman again.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...ogue-may-2018/
    It is funny how Supergirl & Powergirl got an unexplored thing for chocolate.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-21-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It is funny how Supergirl & Powergirl got a unexplored thing for chocolate.
    Well, Power Girl definitely explored her curiously, more than once LOL!

Are there any geekish black YouTubers that I don't know about. I watch a ton of Collider so I know Joelle Monique and RB3. There's the sista from Screen Junkies, Danielle... something. I don't really rock with Andre all that much but every blue moon. Heading the other way I'm here and there on the Double Toasted guys but at least they have some age on their show. I like Hector and the Hispanic guys from Hyper RPG. I'm probably leaving one or two of the bigger ones out...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Are there any geekish black YouTubers that I don't know about. I watch a ton of Collider so I know Joelle Monique and RB3. There's the sista from Screen Junkies, Danielle... something. I don't really rock with Andre all that much but every blue moon. Heading the other way I'm here and there on the Double Toasted guys but at least they have some age on their show. I like Hector and the Hispanic guys from Hyper RPG. I'm probably leaving one or two of the bigger ones out...
    There's DopeSpill comics, he's from Atlanta and he's made a lot of videos about black panther. There's also Rob from ComicsExplained. I watch his videos sometimes.

Edit: With regards to Killmonger, I knew this would happen, he was an anarchist who had no backup plan at all, because anarchists never have a plan, but people forget about the horrible things he did.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 02-21-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I'm only surprised Supergirl's book lasted as long as it did. It was pretty bad and worse yet has none of the goofy charm of the TV series.

But DC can't get away with that now so they are at a loss to create a version that the general comics fandom will care about.

DC has a real hard time pulling off goofy charm and they are even cancelling Super Sons which was the one book that had it.

So I figure the entire Superman line is getting a re-shuffling for Bendis' arrival.
    Batgirl still has a bit of a goofy charm. The problem is that Diddy-yo doesn't think super-heroes should have a sense of humor. I shudder to think about how serious Plastic Man will become in the "Terrifics."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, Power Girl definitely explored her curiously, more than once LOL!
    True indeed, but I would be interested in reading an established, on-going romance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

The Nerdpocalypse, I keep up with them daily

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Super Sons was the only one from the Supesline that I was buying after I couldn’t justify getting Superman just for Gleason’s art

Yeah it’s obvious that line is getting “rebooted” for Bendis

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

What does it say about superhero fans that the only three successful comicbook films with minority leads aren’t replacement characters? I think it’s safe to say at this point that replacement heroes only work in very specific situations, and perhaps shouldn’t be expected to be the primary engine of representation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Yeah I could've sworn that's what Legacy was. Really wish they'd dial back on these relaunches/renumberings and events.

A black guy dating a blonde haired blue eyed super being? I smelled the backlash coming one thousand miles away. Though you'd think with the show being popular DC would keep the book around for appearances' sake. Speaking of the they currently have James dating Lena but you can't really tell given how little he appears, of course a good of viewers want her to be a lesbian but that's a different conversation.

On Killmonger I recently explained to a friend of mine that it's hilarious that people online, mostly white people, were using his crusade as some sort of dig against T'Challa when they were the ones who were about to be put on the chopping block. I guess in their haste to bash Black Panther they missed the not so subtle dialogue.
    That's one thing I notice as well, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Both Supergirl and Wonder Woman has this same trend. Both of these characters have a very strong sense of feminism, particularly white feminism, though supergirl's feminism seems to resolves a lot more in the show then in the comic book, where wonder woman covers it on both ends. Both sides, whenever a black male comes into play, pulls out the pitchforks to cast the possible black male romantic lead into the fire (Wonder Woman's case was the black male lead who quickly died the minute a new writer came in), and both have a strong sense of wanting to see LGBT representation. It's a weird dynamic that I haven't figured out yet. Cause they don't mind if a black character exist, as long as that character doesn't have a romantic role with the female lead.

I swear I can't wait until my company gets large enough, someone needs to show society how to perform intersectionalism the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    That's one thing I notice as well, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Both Supergirl and Wonder Woman has this same trend. Both of these characters have a very strong sense of feminism, particularly white feminism, though supergirl's feminism seems to resolves a lot more in the show then in the comic book, where wonder woman covers it on both ends. Both sides, whenever a black male comes into play, pulls out the pitchforks to cast the possible black male romantic lead into the fire (Wonder Woman's case was the black male lead who quickly died the minute a new writer came in), and both have a strong sense of wanting to see LGBT representation. It's a weird dynamic that I haven't figured out yet. Cause they don't mind if a black character exist, as long as that character doesn't have a romantic role with the female lead.

I swear I can't wait until my company gets large enough, someone needs to show society how to perform intersectionalism the right way.
    Grant Morrison made Steve Trevor a black man in wonder woman earth one, but nothing happened between the two of them. I actually liked the relationship between Val-Zod and Power Girl, but that got ruined,and Val himself got thrown under the bus. In Grey/Conner/Palmiotti run on Power Girl she was asked out by a black guy too. With Supergirl, the shippers really want her to be with Lena, and they hate Mon-El because he didn't worship the ground Kara walked on the way the other guys did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    What does it say about superhero fans that the only three successful comicbook films with minority leads aren’t replacement characters? I think it’s safe to say at this point that replacement heroes only work in very specific situations, and perhaps shouldn’t be expected to be the primary engine of representation.
    Two things wrong with this statement.

1) There hasn't been any solo movies featuring a legacy minority character taking over the role so far. So I'm not sure where you're getting this idea from.

2) Miles Morales, easily the biggest new character to come from both Marvel and DC, is getting his movie later this year.

I don't expect anyone to think that legacy characters would be the primary engine of representation, (though it's the only engine that has a shot in the comic book world), but I think it is a asset used for representation just like original characters are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Grant Morrison made Steve Trevor a black man in wonder woman earth one, but nothing happened between the two of them. I actually liked the relationship between Val-Zod and Power Girl, but that got ruined,and Val himself got thrown under the bus. In Grey/Conner/Palmiotti run on Power Girl she was asked out by a black guy too. With Supergirl, the shippers really want her to be with Lena, and they hate Mon-El because he didn't worship the ground Kara walked on the way the other guys did.
    Lol, you pretty much confirmed my points. For example, that there wasn't much hubris over steve trevor being black because nothing happened in the comic. On the other hand, Val Zod, DC's easily best opportunity for their own version of miles morales, was shunned by a large part of the DC audience with a large portion being because he was dating Power Girl.

Mon El definitely was not attacked as much as Jimmy for a couple of reasons.

1) He fit what people expected her romantic partner to be (aka white male)

2) They were (and possibly currently) dating in real life.

But as you stated, his biggest two issues that prevented him from being the "end game partner."

1) The LGBT request, as you stated, people want to see Supergirl with Lena, which is why Mehcad is still getting flack even though he's not even dating Supergirl this time.

2) Many people felt Mon-El took over Supergirl role as the primary protagonist during the time he was her primary romantic partner.

With the arrowverse exploring all the different Earths, I sent a tweet asking if Val Zod would ever appear in either Supergirl or the Flash (I forgot which earth is Earth 2)
    but no response. It's just amazing the potential DC has ( I mean finally a black character without bare bones or mid level power sets.) with him and they just let it go.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know Bendis Twitter handling? I'm thinking if anyone would bring Val Zod back, it would be him.
    Last edited by leo619; 02-21-2018 at 12:25 PM.