Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Black Panther breaks a billion in under a month -- just one more nail in the coffin for the lie that "diversity" doesn't sell.

-------
    "Ryan Coogler's superhero pic has crossed the $1 billion mark at the global box office, becoming the 33rd film to join the elite club and the 16th Disney title to do so, not adjusted for inflation. The movie achieved the milestone on Saturday, its 26th day in release.

Black Panther is the 7th superhero film to bound past $1 billion in worldwide ticket sales, including the 5th title in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In North America, its standing is even more impressive. By the end of the weekend, Black Panther will rank as the No. 2 superhero film of all time behind Marvel's The Avengers after passing up The Dark Knight ($535 million) on Saturday.

Overseas, Black Panther will jump the $500 million mark over the weekend after opening in its final foreign, market China, where it's off to an impressive start for a debut north of $60 million.

Black Panther, which cost $200 million to make before marketing, was a bold move on the part of Disney and Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige.

The film — unprecedented in being a big-budget studio tentpole featuring a virtually all-black cast — stars Chadwick Boseman stars as T'Challa/Black Panther alongside Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, Danai Gurira, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker and Andy Serkis."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r-club-1093586
    They were saying today its domestic total is now more than the domestics of Batman v. Superman and Justice League combined.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They were saying today its domestic total is now more than the domestics of Batman v. Superman and Justice League combined.

I love it!!!

If you wanna support a WoC Youtuber, check out Pelvic Gaming

I want to kind of throw hands at Rian Johnson and Star Wars after those spoilers I read from the TLJ novel...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I love it!

In-credible. I feel like a total and complete sellout because I've only seen it the one time (hope and planning to go again this weekend).

If you want to do a bit of forecasting, according to the MCU trending standard alone. IM 1 was a smash, by IM3 it was I believe the first billion dollar (maybe Avengers 1st). Also First Avenger got dwarfed in box office and quality imo by Winter Soldier. Disney is going to bank it's year around the success that Black Panther 2 is going to have. I hope they put it's release on the same holiday weekend in February too.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I want to kind of throw hands at Rian Johnson and Star Wars after those spoilers I read from the TLJ novel...
    Wait what? What spoilers? Can you post them here or send a link?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    May I ask what those spoilers are?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know too, I was planning on getting the book.

Extraordinary Member

Is this a one time thing, or the start of pushing John Stewart again?

Just thinking out loud....

Ultimate Member

So when are the resignations at Warner Brother and DC going to start?

If there was ever a time to walk-

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Is this a one time thing, or the start of pushing John Stewart again?

Just thinking out loud....
    Well he is supposedly one of the two-leads in the Green Lantern Corps film that's in development.

Extraordinary Member

I'll have more confidence in the GLC film once the cast is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wait what? What spoilers? Can you post them here or send a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know too, I was planning on getting the book.
    I read an excerpt regarding Finn and Rose, so I'm just mad about that right now cause I wanted more for those characters.

From the people who have read the book Finn and Rose interactions can summed up as spoilers:
    Rose thinks Finn's "handsome but dumb." wonders if Rey also thinks he's stupid, gets mad and wants to tase him every time he mentions Rey.
    end of spoilers

Here's a Rey spoiler to explain her abilities if people care spoilers:
    she apparently absorbed the knowledge of Kylo's training and learned everything he learned after being in each other's heads.
    end of spoilers

*sigh*
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-12-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer