Page 2237 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1237173721372187222722332234223522362237223822392240224122472287 ... LastLast
Results 33,541 to 33,555 of 35047
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    spoilers:
    But they aren't all POCs. Shatterstar isn't (as far as I know), and I saw Bill Skarsgard in there too. But if you are saying there will be a big backlash against minor characters that are not white dying and that backlash will make the movie not be a financial success, then we will definitely have to agree to disagree.
    end of spoilers
    Shatterstar is gay though.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Wait, does that mean Bill Skarsgard is actually playing Rictor?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh, I have no idea. I was just pointing out that while SS isn't a person of color, he counts as a certain type of minority or example of "diversity."
    spoilers:
    Folks might still have problem if he's killed off in a flip way. Wasn't there a reaction to a certain scene in Braveheart were a gay person was thrown off a roof?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I heard that Rictor was in Logan, but I haven't seen that movie yet. I don't think Rictor is in Deadpool 2 but it wouldn't be the first time an X-Men movie used a different version of a character that they just used, like there being a Caliban in X-Men Apocalypse and then a different Caliban in Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Shatterstar is bi, he and Rictor broke up because Shatterstar wanted to keep having sex with different people. Which is basically a stereotype about bisexual people.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I heard that Rictor was in Logan, but I haven't seen that movie yet.
    Well, yes and no. Once you see the movie it's explained.

I don't think Rictor is in Deadpool 2 but it wouldn't be the first time an X-Men movie used a different version of a character that they just used, like there being a Caliban in X-Men Apocalypse and then a different Caliban in Logan.
    He's probably Solo or Chamber, but it would be cool if he was Rictor. Might be the only chance we'd ever have to see Shatterstar and Rictor on screen at the same time.

Astonishing Member

I'd say the timeline doesn't fit, but as mentioned, fox doesn't really care about that.

I took my nephews to see black panther. The older one liked it, the younger one was a little bored in the beginning, but then was nearly traumatized when he though BP was gone and everyone was listening to the 'bad guy' and not helping black panther anymore, even the 'girls who wear red'. He was much happier toward the end with black panther back and everyone helping him again and he loved that the big fight scene involved a train. So he now says black panther is his favorite super hero now and he wanted to know why Black Panther wasn't in Thor (his brother was watching that on DVD a few days later.) I have a feeling I'm going to be getting a lot of panther questions.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 03-23-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Well, yes and no. Once you see the movie it's explained.
    Ok, thanks. I should really just watch that movie on Netflix sometime.

Candace Patton defends herself from racist trolls

https://www.themarysue.com/candice-p...racist-trolls/

So even though John is taking her place in the main book, Jessica Cruz will be in the new Justice League Odyssey series.

There's also gonna be a Titans relaunch with Steel.

And Teen Titans is getting a new writer and will have Kid Flash and Emiko Queen on the team.

Last edited by Holt; 03-24-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Still only a rumor, but I heard he was Zigiest (sp? From Milligan's X-force)

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A new street fighter TV series is coming, and Joey Ansah will be an executive producer

https://realotakugamer.com/street-fi...ries-announced
    First thing that came ro.mind is those amazing martial arts manga that you can envision as anime, if done right a street fighter tv series may be a fun watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I feel for actors of color ...and it's always weird how nobody from the cast of any show ever says anything but I guess if you're not being @-ed or notified how would you know... but still actors of color are forced to take on a whole other area of abuse by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So even though John is taking her place in the main book, Jessica Cruz will be in the new Justice League Odyssey series.

There's also gonna be a Titans relaunch with Steel.

And Teen Titans is getting a new writer and will have Kid Flash and Emiko Queen on the team.

The Teen Titans team reminds me of JLA in it's mixture of heroes, it looks eccletic and quirky in some ways, hopefully it's better written then JLA ...and the previous Teen Titans book.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A new street fighter TV series is coming, and Joey Ansah will be an executive producer

https://realotakugamer.com/street-fi...ries-announced
    I liked Assassin's Fist, so I might enjoy this. Has there been a live action tv series based on a video game since Mortal Kombat: Conquest?

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is true.

spoilers:
    They are using some pretty obscure characters if what I've heard turns out to be the case: Terry Crews is supposedly Bedlam, the Asian woman is Surge, I think one guy is Shatterstar. These characters are either dead or in character limbo in the comics so they probably figured (correctly) most people watching the movie won't care if they die...except extra die hard fanboys, and they won't affect the box office.
    end of spoilers
    Actually, some of those characters are potentially tied together in a different way...

spoilers:
    A lot of what they are doing feels like it will potentially be a very heavy nod to X-Force being cancelled and relaunched as X-Statix following X-Force being a part of "Counter-X". Lots of folks have mentioned that as Wade is going through the pictures in the trailer, there is a picture that is likely Pete Wisdom.

In the "Counter-X" version of X-Force, we pick back with team that is being trained by Pete. His murdered in on of their early missions. Bedlam is part of that team, and they seemingly die in a explosion. After that takes place, there is a proto-X-Statix lineup of X-Force that Zeitgeist was the leader of. He is murdered when almost the entire team is wiped out right before the book is relaunched as X-Statix.

To me, this points to one of two possibilities.

- One: They picked out a bunch of characters who died as members of X-Force specifically to kill them off in the film.

- Two: This is one heck of a coincidence.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by numberthirty; 03-25-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

How bad is it that with that kind of story, they run a filter over that photo of hers to make her look really, really pale?

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!