Page 2268 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1268176821682218225822642265226622672268226922702271227222782318 ... LastLast
Results 34,006 to 34,020 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Is it me or has there just been a complete lack of outrage over the Ghost in Ant-Man and Wasp being played by a black woman? I guess the usual suspects only have an issue with heroes being played by black people?
    4chan cared for about 5 minutes.

The thing is, the original Ghost was male. So it isn't like the 4chan population had a crush on him or anything. You didn't murder any child hood weird fantasies (see the twitter post earlier abotu Blink lol)

So it isn't like changing valkryies race.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Aw, well I wasn't hip to all that. I knew Dark Tower did hold up to expectations. He does have a Netflix project coming, looks to be comedic. I just figured the MCU now had something fresh going with Waititi and Hemsworth's Thor going forward for at least 1 more movie. Now all of a sudden Thor is without a supporting cast of any sort. I would have like to see Hemidall meet Beta Ray Bill myself.
    I don't get the deal with Idris in general.

People have this idea that he is a huge movie star but I don't think he has ever anchored anything big budget that amounted to shit. It isn't his fault per say but yeeesh

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

People have this idea that he is a huge movie star but I don't think he has ever anchored anything big budget that amounted to shit. It isn't his fault per say but yeeesh
    So many people want him to be James bond, even though he said he doesn't want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Never heard anyone say he is a huge movie star. Mostly I see people comment on his talent as an actor and his looks.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Invincible Member

spoilers:
    Steve Rogers, ever the man of contradictions. He'd have made a great politician had not gone into the ice
    end of spoilers.

Is it me or has there just been a complete lack of outrage over the Ghost in Ant-Man and Wasp being played by a black woman? I guess the usual suspects only have an issue with heroes being played by black people?
    I'd say it's partially because the character is so obscure, but more because they've been preoccupied trying to claim the Black Panther movie is anti-white and black are racist for being so excited for it and/or claiming BP actually supports Trump ideas and "SJWs" are hypocrites for liking it.

Extraordinary Member

Nobody cares enough about the Ghost to be outraged by the recasting.

He's a third tier Iron Man foe that debuted in the 90's.

Even the get-a-life type e-warriors have better things to do than champion a character whose biggest claim to fame is being a member of the Thunderbolts after they had peaked.

Yeah, maybe there some Iron Man fansite out there that is still in Geocities that is railing about this but yeah, let's not pretend deranged outliers count as a representative accounting of any public.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Steve Rogers, ever the man of contradictions. He'd have made a great politician had not gone into the ice
    end of spoilers.

I think it has more to do with Obscurity. The more obscure the character is, the less likely they are to care. After all, Jimmy Olsen wasn't a hero when he first was introduced and of course the outrage train came out in full force. Though that's probably in combination with the fact that he was originally expected to be the romantic lead. So it was a two for one to attack.

Ghost is one of those characters where the race is irrelevant because 90 percent of the time you see him in the comics, his face and skin are covered by his costume. I don't even know if they've ever stated his real name.

I'm starting to think that when Don Lemon got drunk last new years eve he really took the heart shape herb.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm starting to think that when Don Lemon got drunk last new years eve he really took the heart shape herb.
    LOL, what did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LOL, what did he say?
    Kanye made his most ridiculous claim yet.

Lemon rightfully corrected him. Anyone who has ever even opened a history book in grade school could have corrected him.

I can't tell if Kanye's literally a dumb ass, just promoting his album, or on drugs. All three?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    LOL, what did he say?
    Kanye West said that slavery was a choice and Don Lemon told him about himself. Strange world we live in now.

Kanye's always been an egotist, now, I'm not sure what to make of this.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Kanye West said that slavery was a choice and Don Lemon told him about himself. Strange world we live in now.

Kanye's always been an egotist, now, I'm not sure what to make of this.
    Kanye is the poster child for the “outrage as marketing,” strategy. Well him and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Well, one rebuff over some low hanging fruit I can't say backs off years of heartfelt coonery. Lemon would lose a challenge to the throne with the herb still in his system AND a vibranium mesh suit to colonizer if you ask me. Van Lathan... who until yesterday I didn't know his name was Van Lathan and was just 'that other brotha on TMZ' all this time, did it one better.

And that TI back and forth isn't even a song. Kanye set performance art backward 50 years or more with all of this. The black delegation has it's work cut out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    The black delegation has it's work cut out.
    Kanyes stock has never been higher for the deplorables. Anyone on their roster worth it?

I'd trade him for a heavily protected 2nd round pick at this point.