Page 2278 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1278177821782228226822742275227622772278227922802281228222882328 ... LastLast
Results 34,156 to 34,170 of 35047

Entrant numbers for this year's Combo Breaker tournament.

Didn't expect such a big turnout for Injustice 2.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-15-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Looks pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah I used to get similar comments all the time, especially growing up. I'll never forget our guidance counselor in elementary school stopping in the middle of the spiel she was on to comment on my face. I'm just sitting quietly listening to what she's saying, but for some reason she decides it was a good idea in a nearly all white class of 2nd graders (I was one of 2 black students and she was black herself) to call me Frowny Browny...thus giving my white classmates racially charged diss ammunition for the rest of the school year. Yep...a fricking guidance counselor did that ****, lol.
    Man that's brutal.

At my family reunion a few years ago, we were eating dinner, my mom and my aunts were giving me a hard time for not smiling even though I made sure to smile in every. single. picture. We took the day before, I was so furious I couldn't see straight.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-16-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ditto. It's constant. And it is fucking irritating.

"You look scary"

go F urself karen
    I've heard some of the newer people in my office think I'm mean/unapproachable.

But it's mostly because since we've had this re-org I think they are all undertrained and spend most of their time screwing around rather performing their job functions.

So, yeah sorry if I don't wave and smile when I see people do nothing but hunger for praise. I'm probably busy.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I just found an article outlining just how much gay representation is actually in Deadpool 2. https://intomore.com/culture/Deadpoo...bf09d7241c4055

The good news: There are FINALLY openly gay characters in a mainstream superhero movie.

The bad news: It doesn't sound like they have a very big role.

Overall I'm just relieved that will finally have actual gay superheroes on the big screen. Also Negasonic's girlfriend is Yukio, now I'm wondering if this is gonna' reignite the old debate about you-know-who being bi.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

Overall I'm just relieved that will finally have actual gay superheroes on the big screen. Also Negasonic's girlfriend is Yukio, now I'm wondering if this is gonna' reignite the old debate about you-know-who being bi.
    Is it even debatable? Claremont seemed to be pushing it as far as he could without upsetting the 80s censors.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Is it even debatable? Claremont seemed to be pushing it as far as he could without upsetting the 80s censors.
    Sure it's obvious Claremont wrote them as a couple, but there are still plenty of people on this site who will fight to the death to claim that Storm is totally straight and she and Yukio were "just friends".

Sure it's obvious Claremont wrote them as a couple, but there are still plenty of people on this site who will fight to the death to claim that Storm is totally straight and she and Yukio were "just friends".
    i keep hoping they make MCU storm a lesbian
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i keep hoping they make MCU storm a lesbian
    That would be awesome actually. In fact Storm and her girlfriend can cameo in BP 2 at T'challa and Nakia's wedding.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah I used to get similar comments all the time, especially growing up. I'll never forget our guidance counselor in elementary school stopping in the middle of the spiel she was on to comment on my face. I'm just sitting quietly listening to what she's saying, but for some reason she decides it was a good idea in a nearly all white class of 2nd graders (I was one of 2 black students and she was black herself) to call me Frowny Browny...thus giving my white classmates racially charged diss ammunition for the rest of the school year. Yep...a fricking guidance counselor did that ****, lol.
    I've had that said to me too. I have a very serious face when I'm thinking and people think I'm unfriendly and that I need to "Lighten up" or "Why are you so mad, you're far more pretty when you smile." This is my relaxed face. But man! That guidance counselor has a lot of nerve to even think of saying that in front of a lot of 2nd graders. That was some uncalled for BS on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    spoilers:
    power rangers
    end of spoilers
    Not sure if it counts, it's implied but never actually said outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Man that's brutal.

At my family reunion a few years ago, we were eating dinner, my mom and my aunt's were giving me a hard time for not smiling even though I made sure to smile in every. single. picture. We took the day before, I was so furious I couldn't see straight.
    There seems to be a thing with people where if you don't have a happy relaxed face you're told a lot of condescending things about your nature or that you need to chill out, relax and enjoy yourself. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I've heard some of the newer people in my office think I'm mean/unapproachable.

But it's mostly because since we've had this re-org I think they are all undertrained and spend most of their time screwing around rather performing their job functions.

So, yeah sorry if I don't wave and smile when I see people do nothing but hunger for praise. I'm probably busy.
    Thank you! I really get annoyed when people like that. I work at a college and I see a lot of the younger student aids become upset and feel I've heart their feelings when I tell them I'm too busy to screw around with them. They will sit there on their phones and the like and it's like, dude, you can do that later, at least have the courtesy to look busy.

I just found an article outlining just how much gay representation is actually in Deadpool 2. https://intomore.com/culture/Deadpoo...bf09d7241c4055

The good news: There are FINALLY openly gay characters in a mainstream superhero movie.

The bad news: It doesn't sound like they have a very big role.

Well Yukio is part of a group, so you're not going to see the character have that much to do when she's part of a group. But that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That would be awesome actually. In fact Storm and her girlfriend can cameo in BP 2 at T'challa and Nakia's wedding.
    Please no, I mean movie Nakia is great and all, but for me personally I prefer Storm with T'challa. If she wants to date a woman, that's fine, but in comics I can not, nor will I ever, see Nakia dating T'challa unless they completely change her around given the back story they gave her. Also isn't she a bit too young for him in the first place? Like wasn't she Shuri's age?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Please no, I mean movie Nakia is great and all, but for me personally I prefer Storm with T'challa. If she wants to date a woman, that's fine, but in comics I can not, nor will I ever, see Nakia dating T'challa unless they completely change her around given the back story they gave her. Also isn't she a bit too young for him in the first place? Like wasn't she Shuri's age?
    He said MCU though.

In the comics, her and okoye was originally 16.

Btu the doras got aged up off panel in future uses of the Doras. Probably when someone realized it was werid. IDK why Priest went that route.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It was the 90s. Oversexualized teenage girls was the hot new trend. A lot of the stuff published back then was pretty embarrassing when it comes to how women and young girls were depicted.

It's amazing how thickheaded people can be about stuff like that.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Yukio and Yuriko are supposed to be the same person, but I've been wrong before, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Please no, I mean movie Nakia is great and all, but for me personally I prefer Storm with T'challa. If she wants to date a woman, that's fine, but in comics
    Let me stop you right there. MindofShadow was talking a what if scenario if the MCU (acronym for Marvel Cinematic Universe) Storm was introduced and was a lesbian. We weren't talking comics. At all. Not even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I get that all the time, "You look sad, you look mad, you need to smile more."
    all the friggin time.