Page 2283 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1283178321832233227322792280228122822283228422852286228722932333 ... LastLast
Results 34,231 to 34,245 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hey, guys, so guess what? Last Friday on Haitian Flag Day, Is'nana the Were-Spider was able to pick up 3 Glyph Awards. For those who don't know, the Glyph Awards awards excellence in Black centered and based comic books. I'm seriously honored, especially looking at the past winners of each individual category I got awarded for.

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
    That's the plan! Thank you.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

This was precisely how Donald Glover, who portrays the character in Ron Howard's upcoming spin-off film, thought about it. Appearing on SiriusXM’s Entertainment Weekly Radio, Glover was asked about Kasdan's comments on the "fluidity" of his character's sexuality stating.

How can you not be pansexual in space? There are so many things to have sex with. I don't think that was that weird. Yeah, he's coming on to everybody. I feel like if you're in space it's kind of like, the door is open! It's like, not only guys or girls - no, it's anything. This thing is literally a blob. Are you a man or a woman? Like, who cares? Have a good time out here.
    quote from Glover on Lando
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Following the Jack Harkness school of sci-fi.

Bryan Edward hill is taking over Miles' book. First time a black dude is writing him, I believe.

SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
    Bryan Edward Hill (W)
    Nelson Blake II with Mark Bagley (A)
    cover by Kris Anka
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    STARRING MILES MORALES!
    Before he wore the webs, he was just Miles Morales: newly-minted Brooklyn Visions Academy student with hidden spider powers! When a Secret Invasion of Skrulls turns Manhattan upside down, Miles must choose: do his great powers come with great responsibility? A mysterious new chapter for Miles is unveiled by rising superstars Bryan Edward Hill (Detective Comics) and Nelson Blake II (Marvel New Year’s Eve Special)
    40 PGS./RATED T+ …$4.99

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Bryan Edward hill is taking over Miles' book. First time a black dude is writing him, I believe.

In what way? Bendis has been the only one to write him in terms of his own solo series. In terms of guest performances, Walker written him in the Luke Cage comic, and the writer who wrote Miles Morales YA novel was also black.

Guess we gonna find out how many people were buying just because of Bendis.

I don't even know who this dude is.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

He did the Micheal Cray series the from Wildstrom/DC, I also think is wrote some of the upcoming Batman: Detective Comics. He also does Postal at Image.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

A writer who's better than BMB Imo

Ultimate Member

You already know the answer. We saw it with Falcon.

And the bigger question will be how many stores ordered copies because it was Bendis.

Hill is the guy who does Image's Postal.

He also did Batman and his black son-Duke mini-that LOL more folks got interested in than those who were rallying to get him out of comics. The mini also did well digital (on Amazon) when every issue came out.

He does the Michael Cray series.

He has the stealth Outside pitch arc in Detective Comics. That has a LOT of folks interested.

He is doing the Black Lightning & Hong Kong Phooey one shot.

He was a writer for the movie vThe Legend of Muay Thai: 9 Satra.

He is doing the Titians tv series and wrote an episode of Ash vs Evil & has a mini series for BET.

When this comes out-you will have this, Batman/Signal trade, Cray & Detective arc all happening at once with his name on it. Who knows if Postal starts back up.

He's like Jason Reynolds-he's someone who can only help Miles outside the comic book store than hurt him. Funny thing is he will have now worked on both companies top black male teens. ANd if that Miles annual does well and he gets the Miles ongoing gig-does this force DC's hand with Duke? Because right now he's the only guy that has done something with Duke in Rebirth.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hey, guys, so guess what? Last Friday on Haitian Flag Day, Is'nana the Were-Spider was able to pick up 3 Glyph Awards. For those who don't know, the Glyph Awards awards excellence in Black centered and based comic books. I'm seriously honored, especially looking at the past winners of each individual category I got awarded for.

Job well done -- glad to see you reap the benefits of your work and dedication.

Ultimate Member

The ones I bought, I bought because of Sara.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The ones I bought, I bought because of Sara.
    She was more of the selling point than Bendis for that first series. All you had to do was show the art and it was a sale.

And to the shock of no one-

First it was Dear White People now this

https://shadowandact.com/netflix-boy...acklash-obamas

Fresh off the news that Former President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama have signed a multi-year deal with Netflix to produce both scripted and unscripted content, the conservative backlash againt black America's royal family has begun and we are not one bit surpsied by this nonsense.

Right on time with their patented brand of unseasoned nonsense, conservatives on Twitter are threatening to boycott the streaming service, despite the fact that associated of the Obamas have apparently said that its unlikely for Netflix programs produced by the Obamas to be extremely partisan.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I don't like Orange is the new Black. Uph, guess I better cancel my netflix sub rather than do the impossible task of just watching one of the thousands of other programs they have available on the service. While I'm at it, I hate Fox news too. Guess I should cut my cable line while I'm at it. Shame I'll never see how Legion ends this season, but damn it, it's got to be done for perfectly logical and none-colicky white conservative snowflake safespace bubble echo chamber reasons.

Still so mad about 2008, my goodness.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Eh, I feel like Hollywood types say things like this to sound progressive, because if they don't social media will eat them alive, it'sll Disney after all, though they've gotten more progressive.
    Knowledge.....

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Looks Omega Level Corning, but I didn't hate it didn't love it but didn't hate it..