Page 2289 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 128917892189223922792285228622872288228922902291229222932299 ... LastLast
Results 34,321 to 34,335 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    fudge-knuckles, what do you have to do to get Common throwing at you? Drake must be an actual dick.
    Can't comment on Drake as I don't follow him or his music, but Com has dissed plenty of people over the years. I guess he's cultivated this "conscious/boho" image for a while now, but his first few albums weren't like that.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Anyone been checking out Shadowman?

The new Valiant Shadowman comic written by Andy Diggle thus far has all I want from a Vodou based book! Great writing, action packed, interesting Black lead characters, respect to the Black religion, showing the duality of it from positive practitioners along with problematic ones. Loas! Freakin’ Damballa and Papa Legba with the already established Baron Samedi! And solid art too!!

Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Anyone been checking out Shadowman?

The new Valiant Shadowman comic written by Andy Diggle thus far has all I want from a Vodou based book! Great writing, action packed, interesting Black lead characters, respect to the Black religion, showing the duality of it from positive practitioners along with problematic ones. Loas! Freakin’ Damballa and Papa Legba with the already established Baron Samedi! And solid art too!!

I am. I have been enjoying it. I came late to the last series from a few years ago and thought that one was a little spookier, this one is quite fine. There's no telling with today's market, but one the surface it looks like it has the potential to be a little bit more commercial. It at least looks more mainstream.

Kelly Marie Tran has deleted all her Instagram posts after months of harassment over her character in TLJ

https://twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1003833275738013697

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Kelly Marie Tran has deleted all her Instagram posts after months of harassment over her character in TLJ

What is wrong with people? She played a character in a movie. She didn't write the script, she didn't produce it, all she did was audition for a role, won it, and did what she was contracted to do.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    What is wrong with people? She played a character in a movie. She didn't write the script, she didn't produce it, all she did was audition for a role, won it, and did what she was contracted to do.
    This is a real shame. She was so genuinely happy just to have the gig.

I'm reminded of that female assistant editor at Marvel who just posted a picture of herself and her co workers about to eat or something, and people were coming AT her on Twitter for RiRi Willaims and all the other imaginary females in comics that piss them off.

Said lady editor didn't even have anything to do with ANY of the books in question, just being a woman in comics about to get drinks was enough.

Mofos need some help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

It's really sad, and that's always been something I've noticed when it comes to topics like these. Surprisingly, outside of a few instances, this
    thread gets spared from the regular treatment that diverse topic, heroes, characters, etc received. But on so many occasions, diverse actors, heroes, threads, and more regularly gets trolled by racist, bigots, etc that just for some reason need to find a way to spread their hatred.

To be honest, IMO, it's this allowance that helps this behavior to foster. I just talked about it on another thread. Characters of diverse heroes, especially legacy heroes, have their appreciation threads ransack by classic fans who make it their mission to attack the characters in these threads. And we all know why, an area with discord allows that area to cease functioning. People don't want to talk in a thread when the character they enjoy is bombarded by trolls attacking what they enjoy.

A perfect example this, I placed a thread asking specifically ANAD fans who got in during ANAD what they were going to do with Marvel's Fresh S*** era coming on. What happened? It got harassed by a bunch of classic fans essentially trying to overrun the thread just so they can put their two cents in.

No more than a few days after, a poster created a thread asking for those who's interested in Fresh S*** to post what books they want to buy, with a request that there wasn't any talk about diversity, nostaglia, etc. What happened? It was granted. Not a single peep was mentioned in that thread about the topics because they allowed the poster to decency to talk about said topics in peace.

That's the difference you see here, you see in Michelle Tran's post, and you see all over the internet.

That's why I give props to websites like the Mary Sue, who's pretty much one of the only places that has successfully kept trolls, racists, and bigots out. And that's also why my own comic book website is going to be heavily monitored, with one of the key features being certain trigger words causing a comment to be invisible until it's reviewed by a monitor and make sure it fits out guidelines. Cause only when you remove their ability to speak their hatred is when you can finally have a place that's welcoming to those who enjoy said topics.

Yeah, I just don't get this mentality.

There are PLENTY of characters I haven't liked in movies. Hell, Rose is one of them.

I've never once thought, "I am going to find the actors IG and tell them they suck."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    It's really sad, and that's always been something I've noticed when it comes to topics like these. Surprisingly, outside of a few instances, this
    thread gets spared from the regular treatment that diverse topic, heroes, characters, etc received. But on so many occasions, diverse actors, heroes, threads, and more regularly gets trolled by racist, bigots, etc that just for some reason need to find a way to spread their hatred.

To be honest, IMO, it's this allowance that helps this behavior to foster. I just talked about it on another thread. Characters of diverse heroes, especially legacy heroes, have their appreciation threads ransack by classic fans who make it their mission to attack the characters in these threads. And we all know why, an area with discord allows that area to cease functioning. People don't want to talk in a thread when the character they enjoy is bombarded by trolls attacking what they enjoy.

A perfect example this, I placed a thread asking specifically ANAD fans who got in during ANAD what they were going to do with Marvel's Fresh S*** era coming on. What happened? It got harassed by a bunch of classic fans essentially trying to overrun the thread just so they can put their two cents in.

No more than a few days after, a poster created a thread asking for those who's interested in Fresh S*** to post what books they want to buy, with a request that there wasn't any talk about diversity, nostaglia, etc. What happened? It was granted. Not a single peep was mentioned in that thread about the topics because they allowed the poster to decency to talk about said topics in peace.

That's the difference you see here, you see in Michelle Tran's post, and you see all over the internet.

That's why I give props to websites like the Mary Sue, who's pretty much one of the only places that has successfully kept trolls, racists, and bigots out. And that's also why my own comic book website is going to be heavily monitored, with one of the key features being certain trigger words causing a comment to be invisible until it's reviewed by a monitor and make sure it fits out guidelines. Cause only when you remove their ability to speak their hatred is when you can finally have a place that's welcoming to those who enjoy said topics.
    One of the benefits of this thread is a vigilant group that has a core that has "known" each other for a loooooooooong time. We've gotten pretty good at spotting s###posting and have either made the mods aware of things that are clearly meant to start ####, or people who haven't violated any TOS but are here to start flame wars based on imagined or misrepresented grievances are pretty uniformly ignored.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Grace Byers from Empire has been cast as the Black Queen in Gifted.
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/gra...ox-1202831287/

Ultimate Member

Guilt by association. Same with the Rosanne mess. Folks forget that staff and crew can't control what she says.

Yet folks say they deserved to lose their jobs for working with her. Because they knew what she was.

SO I guess those same folks will NOT watch anything by Joss Wheldon & Carrie Fisher. As both were once writers for her show. Along with the creators of Big Bang Theory & Last Man Standing. Along with someone from Married With Children.

Mofos need some help.
    No they need to called out. PUBLICLY and in the mainstream media.

It's constantly the SAME little group. Who constantly target certain segments.

Cause only when you remove their ability to speak their hatred is when you can finally have a place that's welcoming to those who enjoy said topics.
    You called them to the carpet.

Take Black Frankenstein-you can not parrot what someone says and NOT do research.

If you say Marvel books are packed with typos-show me the books.

If Marvel books are SJW-show me the books and explain why.

If white females are unqualified to be editors-explain HOW when the job posting says requirements include a DEGREE and SOME knowledge of comics? And those women have degrees in LOL English lit & Journalism.

When guys like him vent-you hit them with the truth pipe bomb of facts.

And for Kelly Marie-lets hope she gets what Michael B Jordan & John BOyega got when they were trolled- more GIGS.

I think the problem is a lot of these guys mistake fandom and media consumption for having a personality, so when someone or something they don't like comes along they see it as a personal attack, get defensive and things like this happen.

The Zelda franchise is a lot like Star Wars, (I've been playing BotW, the battery life on the switch is less than ideal). If WindWaker came out after social media blew up fans would have flipped out even more than they did in 2003 and cry about agendas.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This is a real shame. She was so genuinely happy just to have the gig.

I'm reminded of that female assistant editor at Marvel who just posted a picture of herself and her co workers about to eat or something, and people were coming AT her on Twitter for RiRi Willaims and all the other imaginary females in comics that piss them off.

Said lady editor didn't even have anything to do with ANY of the books in question, just being a woman in comics about to get drinks was enough.

Mofos need some help.
    Heather Antos. She left Marvel for a higher position outside of comics and a bunch of these guys were dancing around acting as if they'd overthrown the Czar or something. I asked one person what's thye deal and he actually replied, "She used her sexuality to fool men!" I was just like what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    fudge-knuckles, what do you have to do to get Common throwing at you? Drake must be an actual dick.
    Iirc Common was mad at Drake over Serena Williams, the beef escalated because they both felt like they were being disrespectful.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Heather Antos. She left Marvel for a higher position outside of comics and a bunch of these guys were dancing around acting as if they'd overthrown the Czar or something. I asked one person what's thye deal and he actually replied, "She used her sexuality to fool men!" I was just like what the fuck?
    At about 2:57 in the following video, Otis says "You wanna run that by me one more time there, boy?"

That was almost exactly how I felt when I read that.