Page 2290 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 129017902190224022802286228722882289229022912292229322942300 ... LastLast
Results 34,336 to 34,350 of 35047
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    At about 2:57 in the following video, Otis says "You wanna run that by me one more time there, boy?"

That was almost exactly how I felt when I read that.
    It turned out that this person was parroting things that he'd heard other people say. Stuff like...all these supposed "feminists" are ruining comics...Antos only got the job because she's cute...she probably slept with someone to get the job...stuff like that. The whole "Make Mine Milkshake" photo incident is pretty much when "Comicsgate" turned into the little brother of "Gamergate."

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    One of the benefits of this thread is a vigilant group that has a core that has "known" each other for a loooooooooong time.
    Shout out to all the posters lost and gone from back when. The pre-reboot, post-reboot, the cats that caught the ban hammer and the others who just said fuck it. I feel the attitude has shifted quite a bit from just the reboot alone. Folks is institutionalized now, for lack of a better term, more than the past. Pour out a lil'.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I love the animation, can't wait
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I think the problem is a lot of these guys mistake fandom and media consumption for having a personality, so when someone or something they don't like comes along they see it as a personal attack, get defensive and things like this happen.

The Zelda franchise is a lot like Star Wars, (I've been playing BotW, the battery life on the switch is less than ideal). If WindWaker came out after social media blew up fans would have flipped out even more than they did in 2003 and cry about agendas.

The difference is the Internet.

I know I sound like a Luddite when I say stuff like this but bear with me.

Now every tool with a video camera or even cell phone can push back against media that pisses them off. And every time another of
    these hot takes come out in empowers other randos to vent their spleen because now they KNOW they aren't alone.

Mugs in '84 eventually had to shut up about how much they hated the Ewoks, because there was nobody to complain at. LucasFilm was too busy getting richer marketing to little kids to worry about the pissed off nerds.

So the grumblers had nobody to cry to but their friends who had probably gotten tired of listening to them on that subject after the first month or so. And NOW, you'd be getting You Tube rants on "How George Lucas betrayed the fans" or something years later.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 06-06-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

I so cannot wait for this to happen, this trailer looked absolutely fantastic. To be honest this is the movie I've been waiting for the most all year.
    Not feeling that thumbnail though, the trailer is about Miles so to use a thumbnail where peter's in front is a bit offputting. It reminds me of those classic studies where the black characters are always at the side or background.

this day can just go to hell. National Comcast business phone outage screwing with my company. I set up the service so its my fault.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this day can just go to hell. National Comcast business phone outage screwing with my company. I set up the service so its my fault.
    Yeah, I've probably lost a lot of money today

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I've probably lost a lot of money today
    Just the name Comcast gives me the shivers, I'm surprised you guys go through them. I've heard and read nothing but horror stories with this company.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Just the name Comcast gives me the shivers, I'm surprised you guys go through them. I've heard and read nothing but horror stories with this company.
    I mostly know them from blocking certain Youtube films in Belgium. Screw Comcast.

You don't have a choice. In this area, its comcast or no phones/cable internet.

well there a gigantic company so problems will occur. My company had an older phone company that was charing a little too much and one of my bosses came to me and told me to find a cheaper better solution so I went to Comcast almost a year ago. I've had Comcast internet at home for the last 3 years, the only problem I've experienced ovvured a few weeks back. Internet would got out everyday around 10pm, during the NBA playoffs .

I switched my office over to Comcast Fiber for internet, no problems there, better not be for as much as we pay. It's suppose to be 99% guaranteed. We never had any problems with the phones till today. They've been down since 11AM this morning. Somehow I've become the secondary IT guy at my company (not my job) so I keep getting shit for it. We should probably switch to VOIP or PRI phones through the internet but my IT guy made my boss super paranoid about it so we went with traditional analog. More expensive but we thought they were more reliable.........shows what we know

In Comcast's defense a lot of phone companies have tech issues from time to time for various reasons, but this outage is pretty ridiculous. If we don't have phones tomorrow I'm gonna get chewed out and will have to switch to another provider
    The J-man

You don't have a choice. In this area, its comcast or no phones/cable internet.
    Yep.

There's a lot of places where this is the case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It turned out that this person was parroting things that he'd heard other people say. Stuff like...all these supposed "feminists" are ruining comics...Antos only got the job because she's cute...she probably slept with someone to get the job...stuff like that. The whole "Make Mine Milkshake" photo incident is pretty much when "Comicsgate" turned into the little brother of "Gamergate."
    And he just did it again.

http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/2018...l#comment-form

Now correct me if I am wrong but isn't Coates, Redjack, Ray Anthony Height, Brian Hill, Afua Richardson and Nnedi Okorafor all BLACK? So this statement makes no sense whatsoever.

For all this so-called diversity push between the pages at Marvel, there are STILL NO Black comic editors and NO Black comic pros working at Marvel.

And ladies-he didn't leave you out

The core audience for Marvel comics are boys and men.
    He WONDERS why he has been unemployed for 9 years. Man got an issue with females of the HIGHEST order.

And then INSULTS Dynamite Comics-a company he has been HOUNDING for a job. Who does this?
    Last edited by skyvolt2000; 06-06-2018 at 07:20 PM.

I just wanna take that dude for tacos, and say "Man, just dial it back a notch..."