Page 2298 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 129817982198224822882294229522962297229822992300230123022308 ... LastLast
Results 34,456 to 34,470 of 35047
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Some of the reaction to that series upcoming return is a downer, to say the very least.
    Some have issue with the writer.

Which is fine but it's his run that is doing well in trades. So he does get another shot unlike others who get a new series with different creative team.

However you got folks screaming Marvel should apologize and admit Wasp & Iceman were failures instead of doing new series.

They are offended these books are made.

Interesting item-

How many POC, LGBT & women lead books at Marvel did not lasted beyond six issues? Prowler. Ghostrider & Angela?

Yet Starlord, Foolkiller, Kingpin, Solo, Slapstick. Hercules, Black Knight and Starbrand didn't. I met the inker of Starbrand and he was shocked I had the floppies, variants and trade of the series. He thought no one read that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I like that they've mostly kept the iconic look of the helmet while making it less cartoonish.
    I have no hope they are able to portray him right.

Dude has done a lot of F'd up **** int he comics for very little reason beyond pure and unbridled hate for Arthur... I don't suspect they will be able to channel that but hopefully i'll be surprised.

Aquaman was one of the few DC movies I was actually excited for as I generally at least kinda sorta read Aquaman books but Snyder ruined all the hope i had for it. Hopefully the first trailer bring that hope back.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Some have issue with the writer.
    These people go beyond "issue" though.

Normal people go, "ugh, I don't think this writer is worth a bean for XYZ reasons" and then basically move on

"These" people go into an incel rage about it.

I could see actual Iceman fans being a bit more passionate if they got stuck with a writer they hate but... that is like 12 people lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The internet freaking out every time they mention how powerful MCU Carol might be is all kinds of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The internet freaking out every time they mention how powerful MCU Carol might be is all kinds of sad.
    They're really hedging their bets on her aren't they?

Carol is love, Carol is life, Carol can't keep a solo for longer than a year anymore.

Hopefully with the movie, she'll finally benefit from all that internet popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They're really hedging their bets on her aren't they?

Carol is love, Carol is life, Carol can't keep a solo for longer than a year anymore.

Hopefully with the movie, she'll finally benefit from all that internet popularity.

I don't think the MCU heads give two poops about comic popularity. They have already proven it doesn't matter.

comic Carol, on the other hand, will adapt whatever personality MCU Carol has the second the trailer drops.

I will be curious to how the movie sells. If it even approaches Wonder Woman it would be amazing. There are some talks around the interwebz abotu the movie being a "black panther" juggernaut but... I just don't see it. White Woman heroines is not a starved demographic anymore. People expecting anything close to Black Panther are missing what made Black Panther so unique and special.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-15-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

These people go beyond "issue" though.

Normal people go, "ugh, I don't think this writer is worth a bean for XYZ reasons" and then basically move on

"These" people go into an incel rage about it.

I could see actual Iceman fans being a bit more passionate if they got stuck with a writer they hate but... that is like 12 people lol.
    Some of these guys have a vested interest in keeping their anti-SWJ schtick going so gay Iceman and girl Wasp give them some fuel. Notice they aren't mad about Scott Lang coming back in the Ant Man Wasp team up comics even though Scott's solo failed too...

Ultimate Member

I don't think the MCU heads give two poops about comic popularity. They have already proven it doesn't matter.

comic Carol, on the other hand, will adapt whatever personality MCU Carol has the second the trailer drops.

I will be curious to how the movie sells. If it even approaches Wonder Woman it would be amazing. There are some talks around the interwebz abotu the movie being a "black panther" juggernaut but... I just don't see it. White Woman heroines is not a starved demographic anymore. People expecting anything close to Black Panther are missing what made Black Panther so unique and special.
    I agree and I'm someone who likes Carol as a character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    First look at Black Manta.

Now, this is interesting.

Extraordinary Member

I have no hope they are able to portray him right.

Dude has done a lot of F'd up **** int he comics for very little reason beyond pure and unbridled hate for Arthur... I don't suspect they will be able to channel that but hopefully i'll be surprised.

Aquaman was one of the few DC movies I was actually excited for as I generally at least kinda sorta read Aquaman books but Snyder ruined all the hope i had for it. Hopefully the first trailer bring that hope back.
    It would be awesome if they do make Manta a credible threat.

Ultimate Member

After Rei and Finn and Black Panther (and all the rest) I don't even pay them any mind any more -- so long as these movies make $$$, Hollywood will listen. If there's anything that's a given in said industry, it's that they are always looking for a good franchise, no matter who is at the helm, which -- along with having a "diverse" range of productions -- is one of the main reasons that Disney is so dominant right now.

On the flip side, I'm looking forward to seeing The Incredibles 2 this afternoon -- a movie with a heterosexual, blonde haired, blue-eyed white male at the lead, then coming home to continue my New Game+ on the "SJW" fest that is Horizon Zero Dawn.

The sooner people realize that this isn't about "us vs. them" but instead about letting everyone get a shot at being featured in quality material, the better off we'll all be as a society.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-15-2018 at 08:43 AM.

I mean as opposed to whom? You all (and a handful of You-Tuber's) are my sounding board for who the 'fans' are rocking with so I don't know the actual breadth of some of these opinions. The Finn, MBJ/Johnny Storm seemed to be the watermark, flood plain line as far as the outrage goes. I'm like ed, I like Carol too or at least I did before 2004-ish. Starlin's Mar-vell was one of the first issues I picked up back in the early days of my comic life. Love Monica. I think having had the MCU go this far without really involving the character is pretty glaring.

I'm just glad this Carol is gonna have pants and not the Cho version (which I do like) from back when. ALL Male heroes have pants, Diana though goes into battle in Hanes briefs. I got two daughters and really, never, even, realized it fully until we was watching YouTube animated fight compilation vids a couple months ago. Diana is so adored for being 'The Man' I guess it just doesn't come up for 95% of the populace. Wondergirl makes it happen, Donna Troy has a body suit, WW is out there in the cold with only a slip of Thymescarian cotton between her and her well. If that becomes an angle for some anti-'SJW' bonehead then, well, shits worse than I had considered.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I mean as opposed to whom? You all (and a handful of You-Tuber's) are my sounding board for who the 'fans' are rocking with so I don't know the actual breadth of some of these opinions. The Finn, MBJ/Johnny Storm seemed to be the watermark, flood plain line as far as the outrage goes. I'm like ed, I like Carol too or at least I did before 2004-ish. Starlin's Mar-vell was one of the first issues I picked up back in the early days of my comic life. Love Monica. I think having had the MCU go this far without really involving the character is pretty glaring.

I'm just glad this Carol is gonna have pants and not the Cho version (which I do like) from back when. ALL Male heroes have pants, Diana though goes into battle in Hanes briefs. I got two daughters and really, never, even, realized it fully until we was watching YouTube animated fight compilation vids a couple months ago. Diana is so adored for being 'The Man' I guess it just doesn't come up for 95% of the populace. Wondergirl makes it happen, Donna Troy has a body suit, WW is out there in the cold with only a slip of Thymescarian cotton between her and her well. If that becomes an angle for some anti-'SJW' bonehead then, well, shits worse than I had considered.
    What's funny is that when they tried to put pants on Wonder Woman a few years back, some people freaked out, but at least it was, "How dare you change the classic suit? Jim Lee is stuck in the 90's!" and not what we get not..."PC culture is out of control! This is an attack on men!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's funny is that when they tried to put pants on Wonder Woman a few years back, some people freaked out, but at least it was, "How dare you change the classic suit? Jim Lee is stuck in the 90's!" and not what we get not..."PC culture is out of control! This is an attack on men!"
    When the WW-pants thing was a hot topic in 2010, PC-accusations were indeed part of the mix. From my essay PANTS THEISM:

If one wants to go by certain recent remarks by Gloria Steinem, the cultural worship of men's pants is responsible for the replacement of somewhat more feminine attire on Wonder Woman. As others before me have remarked (given that I'm addressing this brouhaha rather belatedly), Steinem was mistaken in thinking that DC's premiere superheroine was wearing skirts prior to the changeover, but there is a sense in which DC Comics may well have reacted against negative characterizations of Wonder Woman's "objectified" femininity. This would not be because the company believed that "pants were powerful," but rather that pants were more down-to-earth and "realistic." The various tirades against Wonder Woman's superhero costume have practically become their own meme, ranging from the accusations of non-practicality ("why doesn't she fall out of that top?") to those involving cultural hegemony ("why is a warrior from an island of Greek immortal women wearing patriotic colors?")

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I mean as opposed to whom?
    What do you mean? I do not quite undertand what you are asking.

If the "opposed to whom" means "other strong MCU characters" then Thor and Hulk are the "gold standard" on the hero side and Thanos is obviously gold standard of the villains that aren't dead.