Page 2299 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 129917992199224922892295229622972298229923002301230223032309 ... LastLast
Results 34,471 to 34,485 of 35047
    Ultimate Member

Thirty minutes into the first episode of Cloak and Dagger and I like the changes they made to the original series -- also like the fact that Marvel seems to consistently cast their characters so well across all formats.

Didn't have a lot of expectations for the series but so far it's a good reminder of why the televised format works so well for comics (better character development over time), especially when the acting, writing and directing are all above par.

Hopefully that stays consistent -- or improves -- over the course of the series.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-16-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I mean as opposed to whom? You all (and a handful of You-Tuber's) are my sounding board for who the 'fans' are rocking with so I don't know the actual breadth of some of these opinions. The Finn, MBJ/Johnny Storm seemed to be the watermark, flood plain line as far as the outrage goes. I'm like ed, I like Carol too or at least I did before 2004-ish. Starlin's Mar-vell was one of the first issues I picked up back in the early days of my comic life. Love Monica. I think having had the MCU go this far without really involving the character is pretty glaring.

I'm just glad this Carol is gonna have pants and not the Cho version (which I do like) from back when. ALL Male heroes have pants, Diana though goes into battle in Hanes briefs. I got two daughters and really, never, even, realized it fully until we was watching YouTube animated fight compilation vids a couple months ago. Diana is so adored for being 'The Man' I guess it just doesn't come up for 95% of the populace. Wondergirl makes it happen, Donna Troy has a body suit, WW is out there in the cold with only a slip of Thymescarian cotton between her and her well. If that becomes an angle for some anti-'SJW' bonehead then, well, shits worse than I had considered.
    Take away the Internet or being anonymous-90% of these anti SJW and so on-would NEVER repeat some of the stuff that they posted-at least not without proof to back it up.

No one is going to believe any comic book store closed because of SJW Marvel books. You can walk into any store and SEE why they would go out of business. Stuff that can be found cheaper at other places would be the main reason.

If low sales Moon Girl is to blame where is the blame for low sales with Antman and those of other companies whose highest seller might be 25K?

Extraordinary Member

I'm just glad this Carol is gonna have pants and not the Cho version (which I do like) from back when. ALL Male heroes have pants, Diana though goes into battle in Hanes briefs. I got two daughters and really, never, even, realized it fully until we was watching YouTube animated fight compilation vids a couple months ago. Diana is so adored for being 'The Man' I guess it just doesn't come up for 95% of the populace. Wondergirl makes it happen, Donna Troy has a body suit, WW is out there in the cold with only a slip of Thymescarian cotton between her and her well. If that becomes an angle for some anti-'SJW' bonehead then, well, shits worse than I had considered.
    Huh. Not having kids I never thought of it like that before.

What always did get me was that the "historically" safe alternative, the gladiator skirt never got off the ground. You saw it once in a blue moon or on an alternative version of the character or even on Diana's mom. But for the character herself? No.

But it's like somebody at DC was going "panties or bust!" all thru the 2000's and beyond.

Astonishing Member

That was the reason I was not allowed to be Wonder Woman for Halloween when I was a kid. My mom was sure I'd get pneumonia if I was running around in a swimsuit in October, lol.

SMITE FINALLY got a Hatian Vodou loa. FINALLY

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

What always did get me was that the "historically" safe alternative, the gladiator skirt never got off the ground. You saw it once in a blue moon or on an alternative version of the character or even on Diana's mom. But for the character herself? No.

But it's like somebody at DC was going "panties or bust!" all thru the 2000's and beyond.
    She's wearing the skirt now.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'd love to see some African motifs put in the Warhammer universe. For example, a being based on Shakpana would make a great ally of Nurgle.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Do kids notice this stuff?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    What's funny is that when they tried to put pants on Wonder Woman a few years back, some people freaked out, but at least it was, "How dare you change the classic suit? Jim Lee is stuck in the 90's!" and not what we get not..."PC culture is out of control! This is an attack on men!"
    Ya know the only other character going in constant battles in briefs, was Dick as Robin the Boy Wonder for the first, what, 50 years? Cue a couple of Robins later with dark pants and it's like you look at the old Robin with very little nostalgia for the green briefs and it's just kind of more strange than anything.

Of ALL the historic characters the most popular female superhero has had the most attempts to change her costume for one reason or another and being honest about it usually all come down to the bikini bottoms. Remember the 90s outfit with the biker shorts? I actually dug the suit with the pants and yes it seems the battle skit is a concession I can like as well. There's the look that's in one of the DC animations with the thigh high stripper boots but there so close to having pants its kind of lame. Diana has 2 anchors of nostalgia holding her back- Linda Carter and Bruce Timm. Those 2 incarnations cemented a certain impractical look for her that I see now growing out of personally.
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Do kids notice this stuff?
    Mine did and she's 4. Not like EWW she's in her underwear! But she was simply like- where's her pants? Then I'm all 'What your talking about? She needs to be... agile... in battle... or something'. Kinda left it there as one of those commons belief suspensions, I guess. She didn't harp on it but she the one that brought it up. Then you get this.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That was the reason I was not allowed to be Wonder Woman for Halloween when I was a kid. My mom was sure I'd get pneumonia if I was running around in a swimsuit in October, lol.
    Exactly. If my kid ever wanted to dress up and picked WW, she's gonna have the pants (or the skirt). I mean the shelf life for when little girls can be little girls and dress like Diana is different for little boys they go dress up like 5,000 other characters rocking pants.
    You bet yer ass.

Mine did and she's 4. Not like EWW she's in her underwear! But she was simply like- where's her pants? Then I'm all 'What your talking about? She needs to be... agile... in battle... or something'. Kinda left it there as one of those commons belief suspensions, I guess. She didn't harp on it but she the one that brought it up. Then you get this.

Exactly. If my kid ever wanted to dress up and picked WW, she's gonna have the pants (or the skirt). I mean the shelf life for when little girls can be little girls and dress like Diana is different for little boys they go dress up like 5,000 other characters rocking pants.
    Interesting. I have boys so this stuff never comes up. Ever.

That is unfortunate. Never thought about it before.

I do wonder with Marvel bringing up the "strongest hero ever" angle, is it to contrast Diana... who is 100% inferior to Superman and we saw how inferior in JL.

You likely can't make Diana stronger than Superman without the the fanboy world collapsing but Carol being stronger than Hulk or Thor isn't nearly as "world breaking" I suppose.

Hmmm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fans last saw Lando Calrissian in action when Solo: A Star Wars Story hit theaters last month. However, in that case, the role was brought to life by Donald Glover, rather than the legendary Billy Dee Williams.

Aside from voicing Lando on a few occasions, fans haven’t seen Williams in the iconic role since Return of the Jedi, nor have they seen what happened to the smooth-talking smuggler after the fall of the Empire.

But that may all change with Episode IX, as a new rumor from Fantha Tracks states Billy Dee Williams will finally be returning as Lando for another live-action appearance. What his possible role may be in the film is unknown, but the site reportedly reached out to another source that also claimed Williams would make an return.

While an appearance from Lando Calrissian set in the sequel era will likely be an exciting prospect for fans, it's important to note that Fantha Tracks is still labeling this possible news as a rumor.

aka "oh shit, everyone else is dead from the OT and Solo did so bad we might be in a little trouble here" option?

What do you mean? I do not quite understand what you are asking.

If the "opposed to whom" means "other strong MCU characters" then Thor and Hulk are the "gold standard" on the hero side and Thanos is obviously gold standard of the villains that aren't dead.
    That's exactly what I was getting at. How you gon me mad cause Captain Marvel is probably going to be as strong as Captain Marvel. Part of it is just dork speculation I guess but damn. I feel summa these lames act like she's gonna be backhanding Thor and Hulk or some shit? This actually is one of the reasons why I'm not up for a Widow movie. She's small potatoes imo. You got a lot of heavy hitters that are female that can exist in the MCU and the bigger names that get a shot the better.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Take away the Internet or being anonymous-90% of these anti SJW and so on-would NEVER repeat some of the stuff that they posted-at least not without proof to back it up.

No one is going to believe any comic book store closed because of SJW Marvel books. You can walk into any store and SEE why they would go out of business. Stuff that can be found cheaper at other places would be the main reason.
    I agree.
    You bet yer ass.

aka "oh shit, everyone else is dead from the OT and Solo did so bad we might be in a little trouble here" option?
    I understand why they would want to make a Star Wars movie every year, but it kind of makes the franchise a little less special, plus there's always the risk of people being burned out or not seeing the anthology movies because "they don't count." Rogue One's on Netflix, I still don't plan on watching it. I was going to see Solo, but I decided to see Incredibles 2 instead.

I read a rumor that Carol is going to be powerful enough to move planets, that's 70's Superman broken, I'll believe it when I see it, but considering how big a jobber thanos was, making her a bigger jobber was the only way to go.