Page 2306 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 130618062206225622962302230323042305230623072308230923102316 ... LastLast
Results 34,576 to 34,590 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Oh my god, wall-gate is a thing. Let he who has never punched a wall in anger be the first to cast stones at Luke Cage. smh.
    I finished the season already, the first was a little better, some things we're predictible, there were some twists, but it was better than Jessica Jones S2. I couldn't even get past episode 2 it was so depressing.

A lot of people on Twitter are saying that Luke is corny, he's a comic book character from the 70's, his catch phrase is Sweet Christmas, of course he's corny.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-23-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For a while now, I'd been thinking over a way to let folks in on some of the details without giving stuff away. Turned out to be harder than I thought it would be.

Folks who are looking for minority representation of basic cable, you may want to look into Into The Badlands.
    Into The Badlands is greatness..

Outside from Black Panther of course and correct me if I'm wrong but I think when Black Mariah, Knight and Nightshade converse, that's the first time a trio of Black female comic characters did that. Considerin its going on 20 years having these characters see live action seems kind of glarring. Not like Amanda Waller or Storm know any other sistas to speak of.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Reminds me of this.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post

The fact that he was even shown in the DCU before his titan counterparts pretty much prove my point. No one is saying that his representation was perfect (but DCU movies have been anything but Flawless save wonder woman) but the fact that he was given center stage before John Stewart, before Black Lightning, before pretty much any black hero illustrates the initial goal they were trying to do. The problem being of course they did a half assed attempt in doing it.
    Yeah, that's always been the big problem and I think that's part of what's kept the push from really working. It was done in such a half-assed manner that it immediately gave more ammo to the people insisting that Cyborg was just there to fill a diversity quota rather than because he's an interesting or popular character. It's one of those cases of actions speaking far louder than words. He's promoted to Big 7 status but is the only member of the team not to have a book when the New 52 launches (he didn't get solo series until 2015). He doesn't have his own villains or really his own supporting cast, and DC hasn't done much to change that in the 7 years since the New 52 began. And now he's currently the only JL member without a confirmed movie either released or in the works. All this illustrates that the company clearly isn't all that interested in him outside of being able to receive accolades for having a more diverse Justice League. A Cyborg push could have worked, but it would have required a level of dedication and creativity DC clearly wasn't interested in committing to.

Hasbro's SDCC set this year.

Anyone else loving Bushmaster?

And they're using BP to promote Comic-Con. Loving it.

Last edited by Holt; 06-24-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Damn. That's one hell of a Monique diss track.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Outside from Black Panther of course and correct me if I'm wrong but I think when Black Mariah, Knight and Nightshade converse, that's the first time a trio of Black female comic characters did that. Considerin its going on 20 years having these characters see live action seems kind of glarring. Not like Amanda Waller or Storm know any other sistas to speak of.
    Well it took that long to have Marvel characters to appear anywhere in live action other than really bad low-budget movies or failed pilots.

If Suicide Squad could have been spun off from Arrow we might have gotten something like this lots sooner, but DC/Warners put a ban on the use of
    nearly all S.S. characters in Arrow or TV the instant they realized they could get a movie out there instead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Oh my god, wall-gate is a thing. Let he who has never punched a wall in anger be the first to cast stones at Luke Cage. smh.
    I've heard charges of colorism leveled at the show.

Considering all the light skinned folk with speaking roles keep getting shot to death, I'm not seeing it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mcu Tchalla as presented doesnt really make sense to be in space hanging with comic tier powerhouses.

If They wanna call the new avengers team "ultimates" instead thats fine tho
    I'd rather them be a splinter team -- maybe even unofficial like in the book -- and shoot for a B franchise spot, kind of like Dr. Strange meets Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'd put a lot more emphasis on the cosmic element of the MCU than just the team itself -- with the 3D and IMAX effects they have now, each and every one of those movies could be a spectacle on a level never really seen before in a Marvel film.

I doubt it'll happen any time soon, but the casting alone would be something to see.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 06-25-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Reminds me of this.

Yeah, that's always been the big problem and I think that's part of what's kept the push from really working. It was done in such a half-assed manner that it immediately gave more ammo to the people insisting that Cyborg was just there to fill a diversity quota rather than because he's an interesting or popular character. It's one of those cases of actions speaking far louder than words. He's promoted to Big 7 status but is the only member of the team not to have a book when the New 52 launches (he didn't get solo series until 2015). He doesn't have his own villains or really his own supporting cast, and DC hasn't done much to change that in the 7 years since the New 52 began. And now he's currently the only JL member without a confirmed movie either released or in the works. All this illustrates that the company clearly isn't all that interested in him outside of being able to receive accolades for having a more diverse Justice League. A Cyborg push could have worked, but it would have required a level of dedication and creativity DC clearly wasn't interested in committing to.
    I can't figure out why they can't get Vixen to work.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I finished the season already, the first was a little better, some things we're predictible, there were some twists, but it was better than Jessica Jones S2. I couldn't even get past episode 2 it was so depressing.

A lot of people on Twitter are saying that Luke is corny, he's a comic book character from the 70's, his catch phrase is Sweet Christmas, of course he's corny.
    Iron Fist was so freaking terrible.

Defenders I thought was ok, mostly beacuse it was 8 episodes long. If they dragged it out like the others i might have cried.

JJ S2 I made it 1.5 episode and decided I had better crap to do.

I really liked LC1 but haven't gotten around to S2 yet. Been playing God of War instead and I only have so much free time...

How was the pacing for S2?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

After four, long, agonizing months, I got a new job. I never want to work at a small firm again. I just have to file some paperwork and take a drug test.

@MindofShadow

It starts kind of slow, then it picks up a bit, the ending drags a little more than I'd like. I liked Bushmaster, he's like a Jamaican Eddy Gordo, though I think the accents were fake. I never really thought about it before, but to me the Jamaican accent sounds kind of like the irish accent, I have know idea why.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-25-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Anyone heard of this new Magic: The Gathering character? She kind of reminds me of Vixen

https://www.themarysue.com/magic-the...g-vivien-reid/