Page 2326 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 132618262226227623162322232323242325232623272328232923302336 ... LastLast
Results 34,876 to 34,890 of 35047
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Didn't know this was a thing; nice! Would have liked Joaquin Torres or something, though. Good to see Rayshaun on the silver screen. Also, interesting that Shaun's the only guy in the bunch.

Who's the girl in black to Patriot's right (or left or whatever)? Don't recognize her.
    Quake.

Dove Cameron as Gwen Stacy / "Spider-Gwen" / Ghost-Spider
    Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson / Quake
    Tyler Posey as Dante Pertuz / Inferno
    Kathreen Khavari as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
    Milana Vayntrub as Doreen Green / Squirrel Girl
    Cierra Ramirez as America Chavez
    Kamil McFadden as Rayshaun Lucas / Patriot
    Kim Raver as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...ecret_Warriors

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Quake.

Dove Cameron as Gwen Stacy / "Spider-Gwen" / Ghost-Spider
    Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson / Quake
    Tyler Posey as Dante Pertuz / Inferno
    Kathreen Khavari as Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
    Milana Vayntrub as Doreen Green / Squirrel Girl
    Cierra Ramirez as America Chavez
    Kamil McFadden as Rayshaun Lucas / Patriot
    Kim Raver as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...ecret_Warriors
    Thanks.

I forgot Dante Pertuz was supposed to be in this! Looking forward to it even more now.

EDIT: Just realized that while Inferno was on that initial teaser poster, he's nowhere to be seen on the new poster and in the recent trailer. That's a little worrisome and disheartening, since he's one of my favorite character from Marvel, particularly among the NuHumans.

Most of the trailer seems to focus on the girls' girl power feel and their camaraderie, which is nice in and of itself. Still, this made Patriot feel like he comes off as a third wheel among them because of it, especially since he got the least focus (aside from maybe Ms. America).

And whenever I see Ms. Marvel, I can't help but wish Nova and Spider-Man were there also to complete the Kamala-Sam-Miles trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Netflix's new show the Dragon Prince.

Ooh, nice! Thanks for putting this on my radar as well!

The animation style very much nostalgically reminds me of Tron: Uprising's.

On a related note, Steven Universe is on my TV in the background and Pearl is singing a love song about Steve's mother.
    Well, indeed. But it's nothing too new for this show. In fact...

spoilers:
    ...recent events saw the official marriage between two major female characters. It doesn't get any more clear than beautiful than that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    A teenager's even worse. Too close to New 52 Billy, which was the worst Billy. "Hey, let's take everything people like about Billy Batson, which is him being a humble, nice kid with a kind personality, and turn him into an abrasive jackass who treats everyone around him like shit. The readers will love it!"
    I'mma simple say that I totally, completely, and eclipsingly disagree with you on this.

And that is all.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-27-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'd say this tops Korra but I also don't think it's fair to compare a direct to DVD movie with a weekly television series, whether it's Korra, Young Justice, or Spider-Man.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Marvel Animation has gotten marginally better compared to when Loeb was directly spearheading things even if the animation budget still seems to be far lower then you would expect for something coming out of a studio owned by Disney and I don't think any show has quite reached the heights of some of their predecessors.

That Marvel Rising trailer visually looks a heck of a lot better then the animation in some of the current Marvel cartoons, if only because it doesn't look as drab or colorless and the animation seems a lot more fluid.
    Ike Pearlmutter was ousted from the film division, but animation and (basic) television still fall under his purview and they're budgeted according to his thrifty sensibilities. (I'm not insulting Ike, I'm just pointing this out. This is also the reason Inhumans looked so bad. Dude doesn't like spending money.)

The animation department in particular is depressing, because it's outsourced to Sunmin pictures, a notoriously cheap korean outfit that mostly did filler episodes for Disney productions that were behind schedule. Bruce Timm hated them so much that he vowed never to let them touch anything he was working on ever again, after they botched a few episodes of Batman TAS's first season. (You can tell which ones they did, just by the fact the the characters are off model and colored poorly, and the animation looks strange compared to the rest of the series. "Christmas With the Joker" is a good example.)
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 07-21-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Interesting take on an old classic...

I'd say this tops Korra but I also don't think it's fair to compare a direct to DVD movie with a weekly television series, whether it's Korra, Young Justice, or Spider-Man.

It is unfair, but that's still an awesome scene lol

-----

"The Dragon Prince" looks nice as far as art style goes, but I hate how slow everything looks. I know that's because of the animation style, but it looks like a game that is lagging. I'll probably give it a look because beyond art it does intrigue me.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ultimate Member

Am I the only one who hated the fact that the animation in the actual show was never half as good as the intro -- seemed like the definition of false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    EDIT: Just realized that while Inferno was on that initial teaser poster, he's nowhere to be seen on the new poster and in the recent trailer. That's a little worrisome and disheartening, since he's one of my favorite character from Marvel, particularly among the NuHumans.

Most of the trailer seems to focus on the girls' girl power feel and their camaraderie, which is nice in and of itself. Still, this made Patriot feel like he comes off as a third wheel among them because of it, especially since he got the least focus (aside from maybe Ms. America).

And whenever I see Ms. Marvel, I can't help but wish Nova and Spider-Man were there also to complete the Kamala-Sam-Miles trio.
    The preview is probably just from the first episode, so I'm sure more characters will show up later -- Captain Marvel is also on the list along with America Chavez. I thought it there might be a Champions or Young Avengers spin off when I saw Kamala on Spider-Man recently but it looks like they are going with something more original instead -- at least for now.

No reason why this series couldn't lead into another if it's successful -- Miles and Nova have already been introduced so the foundation is there.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-22-2018 at 01:27 AM.

I think the Japanese (writers) might just prefer the heroic death in general -- why go to a hospital when you can become a tragic hero?

That and the censorship regulations regarding American TV back then being vastly different than what they were in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that goofy scene with Sven because the censors said they weren't allowed to kill him off.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    "The Dragon Prince" looks nice as far as art style goes, but I hate how slow everything looks. I know that's because of the animation style, but it looks like a game that is lagging. I'll probably give it a look because beyond art it does intrigue me.
    Netflix often has shows with unique and/or quality art work but stories that don't always live up to it -- Blame and Ajin immediately come to mind for me.

Conversely, you have a few standouts (in my opinion) like the Madoka Magica series, Fate/Zero, Your Lie in April, Little Witch Academia, Castlevania (etc) so they can be hit or miss, depending on your tastes. (By the way, Castlevania is written by Warren Ellis, so anyone who is a fan of his work should probably check it out.)

Can't really blame Netflix for that though -- a lot of anime tends to take great concepts and artwork and reduce them to their least common denominator for the audience -- a good example is BBK/BRNK, which looks great but has some of the most cliche' characters ever written, though a lot of it could just be bad translation.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-22-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Invincible Member

James Wan is a talented director -- hope he does well and I hope DC turns it around: the more good superhero movies the better.

Given his history, I'd think Wan would be more suited to something from Vertigo -- to this day I'm still wondering why the WB hasn't cashed in on Gaiman's Sandman run.
    Sandman was optioned for a movie like 10-15 yes ago but the rumor is the script was very bad and of course the film was never made. I imagine Neil's been more protective of his property since.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ike Pearlmutter was ousted from the film division, but animation and (basic) television still fall under his purview and they're budgeted according to his thrifty sensibilities. (I'm not insulting Ike, I'm just pointing this out. This is also the reason Inhumans looked so bad. Dude doesn't like spending money.)

The animation department in particular is depressing, because it's outsourced to Sunmin pictures, a notoriously cheap korean outfit that mostly did filler episodes for Disney productions that were behind schedule. Bruce Timm hated them so much that he vowed never to let them touch anything he was working on ever again, after they botched a few episodes of Batman TAS's first season. (You can tell which ones they did, just by the fact the the characters are off model and colored poorly, and the animation looks strange compared to the rest of the series. "Christmas With the Joker" is a good example.)
    Ike's cheapness was needed when they were bankrupt.

Now he is just a dinosaur holding them back.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sandman was optioned for a movie like 10-15 yes ago but the rumor is the script was very bad and of course the film was never made. I imagine Neil's been more protective of his property since.
    Yeah, they handed it over to Joseph Gordon Levitt if I remember correctly -- no idea why they did that.

http://ew.com/article/2016/03/06/san...d-film-update/

Always thought Tim Burton would be good for an animated Sandman project, if not too obvious, but I like what another company did with Coraline so there are plenty of other options out there depending on what budget they want to go for.

Constantine was a good Vertigo flick -- they could build outward from that franchise if they played their cards right: like building on their horror success with movies like "It" and "The Conjuring" and giving James Wan creative control over at least the visual aspects of Vertigo movies, if not the stories.

Makes me wonder if they have a Kevin Feige analog at Warner/DC -- the only person that comes to mind when I think of the DC cinematic universe is Zack Snyder.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-22-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah, they handed it over to Joseph Gordon Levitt if I remember correctly -- no idea why they did that.

http://ew.com/article/2016/03/06/san...d-film-update/

Always thought Tim Burton would be good for an animated Sandman project, if not too obvious, but I like what another company did with Coraline so there are plenty of other options out there depending on what budget they want to go for.

Constantine was a good Vertigo flick -- they could build outward from that franchise if they played their cards right: like building on their horror success with movies like "It" and "The Conjuring" and giving James Wan creative control over at least the visual aspects of Vertigo movies, if not the stories.

Makes me wonder if they have a Kevin Feige analog at Warner/DC -- the only person that comes to mind when I think of the DC cinematic universe is Zack Snyder.

Levitt was coming off a number of late 2000's films where he had gotten critical raves and success. He was seen as a big growing star then with roles in 500 Days of Summer , Inception , Dark Knight Rises and Looper. Then things cooled off as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Am I the only one who hated the fact that the animation in the actual show was never half as good as the intro -- seemed like the definition of false advertising.

Are you talking about the movie? Granted the movie wasn't as well animated as the intro, but it was certainly a couple of notches above an average G.I. Joe episode.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."