Page 2327 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 13271827222722772317232323242325232623272328232923302331 ... LastLast
Results 34,891 to 34,905 of 35047
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Are you talking about the movie? Granted the movie wasn't as well animated as the intro, but it was certainly a couple of notches above an average G.I. Joe episode.
    The movie kind of falls into that one-shot DVD category -- like the old "Pryde of the X-Men" episode.

I'd still say the animation didn't rise to the level of the opening -- mainly because of all of the action going on -- but it's a judgement call.

Ultimate Member

Just for comparison -- don't think Marvel has anything on DC in animation but they might be trying to change that with the Spider-Verse movie.

It's mainly just a contest to see who can get the best Japanese or Korean animators to do your show.

Ultimate Member

"With chart In a box office defeat that no one anticipated, Denzel Washington’s first sequel ever, Equalizer 2, stole most of the No. 1 money away from Universal’s Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, $35.8M to $34.4M.

Even more for Sony to relish is that Equalizer 2 beat its first chapter’s $34.1M opening plus it’s the second back-to-back No. 1 opening for Sony this summer after last weekend’s Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation. Mamma Mia 2 also improved upon its first installment’s $27.7M start by 24%.

For director Antoinie Fuqua, Equalizer 2 reps the highest opening of his career besting The Magnificent Seven ($34.7M). For Washington, the sequel is his third best domestic start after American Gangster ($43.5M) and Safe House ($40.1M)."

https://deadline.com/2018/07/mamma-m...ce-1202430132/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-22-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Yeah, they handed it over to Joseph Gordon Levitt if I remember correctly -- no idea why they did that.

http://ew.com/article/2016/03/06/san...d-film-update/

Always thought Tim Burton would be good for an animated Sandman project, if not too obvious, but I like what another company did with Coraline so there are plenty of other options out there depending on what budget they want to go for.

Constantine was a good Vertigo flick -- they could build outward from that franchise if they played their cards right: like building on their horror success with movies like "It" and "The Conjuring" and giving James Wan creative control over at least the visual aspects of Vertigo movies, if not the stories.

Makes me wonder if they have a Kevin Feige analog at Warner/DC -- the only person that comes to mind when I think of the DC cinematic universe is Zack Snyder.
    And it's questionable as to whether he would have had much power, had he not been following in the golden footsteps of Christopher Nolan. Since Nolan manifestly had no intention of sticking with any superhero universe, Zack "WATCHMEN will end the superhero cycle" Snyder inherited the mantle, until he wore out his welcome.

Geoff Johns's name has been mentioned in this regard a few times.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 07-22-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    And it's questionable as to whether he would have had much power, had he not been following in the golden footsteps of Christopher Nolan. Since Nolan manifestly had no intention of sticking with any superhero universe, Zack "WATCHMEN will end the superhero cycle" Snyder inherited the mantle, until he wore out his welcome.

Geoff Johns's name has been mentioned in this regard a few times.
    I hate to admit that I think they peaked with Watchmen -- couldn't pick one favorite but it's in my top 3 for certain. Constantine is up there as well but $250 million box office isn't enough for them to build a franchise around these days.

More movies like Road to Perdition and Ghost World would probably be welcomed by the public -- and right up Vertigo's alley -- but I don't think the big studios are interested in making those kinds of low to mid-budget films anymore, outside of the horror and comedy genre.

Logan was a welcome change but I'm keeping my expectations low for the New Mutants movie just because Fox -- you can get anything from a Fantastic Four to an X2.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-22-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Invincible Member

Yeah, they handed it over to Joseph Gordon Levitt if I remember correctly -- no idea why they did that.

http://ew.com/article/2016/03/06/san...d-film-update/

Always thought Tim Burton would be good for an animated Sandman project, if not too obvious, but I like what another company did with Coraline so there are plenty of other options out there depending on what budget they want to go for.

Constantine was a good Vertigo flick -- they could build outward from that franchise if they played their cards right: like building on their horror success with movies like "It" and "The Conjuring" and giving James Wan creative control over at least the visual aspects of Vertigo movies, if not the stories.

Makes me wonder if they have a Kevin Feige analog at Warner/DC -- the only person that comes to mind when I think of the DC cinematic universe is Zack Snyder.
    I thought the NBC Constintine series was actually pretty decent, but for whatever reason it didn't catch on with the general public. I think it could have done better on either cable or one of the streaming services.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I thought the NBC Constintine series was actually pretty decent, but for whatever reason it didn't catch on with the general public. I think it could have done better on either cable or one of the streaming services.
    IMO it also needed to be paired with something that fit the same tone, which GRIMM did not.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

"With chart In a box office defeat that no one anticipated, Denzel Washington’s first sequel ever, Equalizer 2, stole most of the No. 1 money away from Universal’s Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again, $35.8M to $34.4M.

Even more for Sony to relish is that Equalizer 2 beat its first chapter’s $34.1M opening plus it’s the second back-to-back No. 1 opening for Sony this summer after last weekend’s Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation. Mamma Mia 2 also improved upon its first installment’s $27.7M start by 24%.

For director Antoinie Fuqua, Equalizer 2 reps the highest opening of his career besting The Magnificent Seven ($34.7M). For Washington, the sequel is his third best domestic start after American Gangster ($43.5M) and Safe House ($40.1M)."

https://deadline.com/2018/07/mamma-m...ce-1202430132/

Not shocked , Denzel's 1st one was pretty awesome. I liked the trailers for this one too. Plus the budget itself is shockingly low for it. ($62 million I believe). So its gonna do every well. Like Oceans 8 has done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I got my weekends mixed up, definitely gonna see Equilizer 2 next weekend

Even though MI is supposed to be great. I haven't seen an MI film since like the second one thogh
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Geoff Thorne went in on DC, lawd.

Last edited by Holt; 07-22-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Where did he lie???

Excluding Hal fans-nobody wants to read about him. A major complaint with that Hal & TGLC book. Nobody wanted him there. They wanted to read about the GLC more.

Jessica & Simon's book at times beat Hal and now they are stuck with him.

I do find it funny Hal fans are claiming Robert V wrote Hal badly for 7 years to make John look like a better leader. John Stewart-who they wanted to kill off. John Stewart who was stuck in the GLC book for 7 years.

While Hal was everywhere else and is getting the a mini all to himself by Morrison. That is being hell bent on shoving someone in folk's faces. Almost Carol Danvers levels.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Duuuuuude, Jetman was so screwed up for a kid's show. I watched it as an adult, and I'm like: "this would have ruined my mind."
    Star Blazers, Gatchaman & Sailor Moon say hold their beer.

And that's not counting what the women deal with on two of those shows.

I think the Japanese (writers) might just prefer the heroic death in general -- why go to a hospital when you can become a tragic hero?
    I thought they were in the hospital. Well he was bleeding in the fighter and SOMEHOW did not see the blood as he changed clothes and went to her quarters. SOMEBODY didn't notice aside from the pit crew.

Am I the only one who hated the fact that the animation in the actual show was never half as good as the intro -- seemed like the definition of false advertising.
    Depends on when that was done versus the movie or shows.

They might not have known who they had the rights to include in the openings or not. Since they were at the mercy of the toy makers at times.

Notice outside of Lady J & Scarlet-you didn't see Cover Girl or Jinx in the credits. Nor Slaughter's Marauders or Big Lob beyond the movie.

Look at Transformers-the movie script was approved before the animation started and we only had the casts of the first season and half of the second. Thus you missed out on the Stuntiocons. Protecobots and others combiners.

I collaborated on this article recently, about the best and worst characters in Punch Out!. We took the time to discuss how some characters in the series are so blatantly racist, the games could not be done the same way today
    https://realotakugamer.com/editorial...ie-gamer-chick

I guess RedJack don't wanan work at DC ? lol

BTW, Black Panther animated show, by Mr. Red Jack... Sept 23! I'm hyped.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The decision in 2011 to put Cyborg there as a founding member in the new 52 was something they decided to do with a change as well to Martian Manhunter. If we remember he was part of the Stormwatch deal and was pushed to that. Manhunter used to be one of the founding guys and suddenly he became part of Stormwatch. Hal was still a member of the Justice League in that series.

Now as someone who liked Teen Titans and have years of that series next to the Justice League , was it a bad move ? I don't think it was. It was about adding a character who wasn't white to the lineup. Could they have changed Hal for John Stewart ? Sure they could have. But this was a 5 years earlier tale as we saw and I guess they wanted to start with him 1st. They could explain that Stewart was a Green Lantern like Hal then possibly but given how many errors time wise that has popped up and they had to change , well I'd see them having to explain it some how. (a list of errors include Tim Drake being Robin III and not , Lobo etc)

But the idea , the concept was to take a character who really had been a minor character on a team who hadn't really done much and give them a shot in the main launch title as a big character. DC tried to do this and gave the character a couple solo series attempts and knew that leading into Justice League film , Cyborg would be there. That they were basically keeping the team we saw in Justice League (minus Green Lantern Corps and that was written out as a plot) would be in the film.

I give DC props for trying it with Cyborg for years and doing this in the film. They could have years earlier folded their hands and said , nah were done. We don't need Cyborg so we'll put Martain Manhunter back in and he'll be in the film. **** Cyborg finally and move on.

I didn't even fully like Justice League to be honest as a film , but even I could see that DC did a good attempt here the past 5-6 years with a minor character. The anger at this is kinda silly though . I mean the alternative likely would have been someone else in the comic and film role...but oh well. Til the next films happen and what they plan for Justice League 2 .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.