Page 2328 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 13281828222822782318232423252326232723282329233023312332 ... LastLast
Results 34,906 to 34,920 of 35047

I wish DC would have used the post Dark Nights storyline to streamline the DC Rebirth books. I would have made Cyborg the Titans/Justice League liaison which would help restore that severed connection.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Sandman is a story about stories. If they're serious about doing a movie, it should be a continuation of what came before, not a reinterpration. Daniel is Dream, Morpheus is dead, and so on. They should also give up on trying to make it a blockbuster, if they want it to be any good. Mass appeal and Byronian leads don't mix. Morpheus in particular was a mean son of a bitch. It takes guts to have your hero be an unlikeable bastard.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Sandman is a story about stories. If they're serious about doing a movie, it should be a continuation of what came before, not a reinterpration. Daniel is Dream, Morpheus is dead, and so on. They should also give up on trying to make it a blockbuster, if they want it to be any good. Mass appeal and Byronian leads don't mix. Morpheus in particular was a mean son of a bitch. It takes guts to have your hero be an unlikeable bastard.
    I never could get into Sandman, how long have they been trying to make a movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Geoff Thorne went in on DC, lawd.

Meh, the last thing I want to be is one of those comic book fans who refuses to accept change which this tweet definitely sounds like. While I agree upon the reasoning why Cyborg was selected as a JL member, ultimately he would have been a fantastic founding member IF he was done right. Fortunately, the new JL series is slowly adjusting that and is doing a much better representation of Cyborg than previous series and solo's.

Extraordinary Member

On the other hand, if pre-reformation Loki can have fangirls/boys Morpheus/Dream can, despite being mostly the universe's most powerful vengeful stalker.

Or maybe BECAUSE of his drama mongering.

I also figure they would be adapting the first years worth of stories where Morpheus is the main character.

After that he is much less of a central character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    On the other hand, if pre-reformation Loki can have fangirls/boys Morpheus/Dream can, despite being mostly the universe's most powerful vengeful stalker.

Or maybe BECAUSE of his drama mongering.

I also figure they would be adapting the first years worth of stories where Morpheus is the main character.

After that he is much less of a central character.
    They also really love Snape and Kylo Ren, even though Kylo's an unstable murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Even though MI is supposed to be great. I haven't seen an MI film since like the second one thogh
    Uhhhmm, they're surprisingly pretty damn cool. I love the first one (still) and 2 was like meh and never went back until Ghost Protocol which was the best one. Even Rouge Nation did it's uber-big bad better than Specter's uber-big bad story.

Paula Patton in that green dress tho... my knees get weak still if it happens to come on cable. Won't say much about the rest but that woman's shape is a 10/10 with bonus points...
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    They also really love Snape and Kylo Ren, even though Kylo's an unstable murderer.
    Yeah, but Snape and Kylo have that sadboy woobie "I just want to give him a hug" factor that appeals to a certain personality type. The big thing with Morpheus is that he only seems that way until you get the whole backstory, and then you're like "Holy malignant narcissism, Bart-man!" Bad boyfriend, shitty brother, terrible dad. You ever meet one of those dudes who never talks unless he's the subject of the conversation?

And in his role as king of dreams, he's basically a rules nazi dungeon master who never lets you do re-rolls if you fail a saving throw, and on the offchance you win anyway, he holds a grudge.

BANNED

Yeah, but Snape and Kylo have that sadboy woobie "I just want to give him a hug" factor that appeals to a certain personality type. The big thing with Morpheus is that he only seems that way until you get the whole backstory, and then you're like "Holy malignant narcissism, Bart-man!" Bad boyfriend, shitty brother, terrible dad. You ever meet one of those dudes who never talks unless he's the subject of the conversation?
    Sadboy woobie?
    Practically all of Sandman after The Doll House is about Morpheus realising how terrible he is and plotting his own death. The entire thing is him setting up his suicide-by-fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sadboy woobie?
    Practically all of Sandman after The Doll House is about Morpheus realising how terrible he is and plotting his own death. The entire thing is him setting up his suicide-by-fate.
    Nah, that's not until Brief lives and the thing with Orpheus. He didn't legitimately want to die until then, and even when he set it up, he still took half of his kingdom down with him. (Because he was a jerk.)

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Meh, the last thing I want to be is one of those comic book fans who refuses to accept change which this tweet definitely sounds like. While I agree upon the reasoning why Cyborg was selected as a JL member, ultimately he would have been a fantastic founding member IF he was done right. Fortunately, the new JL series is slowly adjusting that and is doing a much better representation of Cyborg than previous series and solo's.
    Spot on.

If this current JL was what we were originally introduced to back in 2011, then there'd be next to no complaints about Cyborg.

Thus far, current JL Cyborg looks appealing. He speaks like someone who who knows who he is. Shows some interesting displays of power. Has cool and impressive moments.

THIS is the Cyborg I've been waiting for.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I never could get into Sandman, how long have they been trying to make a movie?
    It was originally optioned back in like the late 90's. Then spent years stuck in "development hell".

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It was originally optioned back in like the late 90's. Then spent years stuck in "development hell".
    It wouldn't have been good in the 90's

Something must have happened because Milestone isn't coming back in October and this is after Kyle Baker made an announcement about it.
    https://www.newsarama.com/40734-dc-s...ck-artist.html

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Something must have happened because Milestone isn't coming back in October and this is after Kyle Baker made an announcement about it.
    https://www.newsarama.com/40734-dc-s...ck-artist.html
    More legal problem? Or maybe DC trying to juggle several other lines they are launching ( Black Label, Sandman, etc)?