Page 2333 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 13331833223322832323232923302331233223332334233523362337 LastLast
Results 34,981 to 34,995 of 35047

So I'm just about caught up on all my amazon trades and was looking to venture in to some new books.

I've yet to read any of the Lion Forge books but it looks like I can get up to speed pretty quickly. My question is how inter connected are all of the books, and what are the standout series?

Also, I was checking out a book called Destroyer that looks pretty interesting. Anyone read that? Worth grabbing?
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-31-2018 at 05:45 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Also, I was checking out a book called Destroyer that looks pretty interesting. Anyone read that? Worth grabbing?
    If you mean the one written by Victor Lavelle, then yes I'd recommend it. But I should also add my recommendation is based on not having read the entire series since my shop stopped pulling it for some reason, and I've yet to order the rest of the books online. All that to say the series might drop in quality after the first couple of issues, for all I know...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Something that I've noticed is that there aren't any minority major supervillains. There are minority villains but nobody major.
    Speaking of minority villains, whatever happened to Moses Magnum?

I first saw him wreck the crap out of the X-men back in the day but he's only made a handful of appearances since then.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-31-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    If you mean the one written by Victor Lavelle, then yes I'd recommend it. But I should also add my recommendation is based on not having read the entire series since my shop stopped pulling it for some reason, and I've yet to order the rest of the books online. All that to say the series might drop in quality after the first couple of issues, for all I know...
    Yes, that's the one. Based on the Amazon listing it appears to be a take on Shelley's Frankenstein but also tackling modern social issues? Is that pretty accurate?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Invincible Member

So I'm just about caught up on all my amazon trades and was looking to venture in to some new books.

I've yet to read any of the Lion Forge books but it looks like I can get up to speed pretty quickly. My question is how inter connected are all of the books, and what are the standout series?

I thought Noble was pretty decent. It features a powerful black hero and a diverse cast. I'm a little surprised more people don't talk about it.

Destroyer was ok.

I liked Abbott from Boom studios a lot.

Invincible Member

Yes, that's the one. Based on the Amazon listing it appears to be a take on Shelley's Frankenstein but also tackling modern social issues? Is that pretty accurate?
    Sorta, the social issues are more implicit than explicit. It's not like the main characters are out to get drug dealers off the streets or anything, it's more read between the lines stuff.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I first saw him wreck the crap out of the X-men back in the day but he's only made a handful of appearances since then.
    I think other writers don't use him because he's an X-Men foe ( despite having fought Luke Cage and The Avengers) but the X-editors themselves don't seem to be too interested in him.

Invincible Member

"Cripes!" double post

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think other writers don't use him because he's an X-Men foe ( despite having fought Luke Cage and The Avengers) but the X-editors themselves don't seem to be too interested in him.
    They should have guys like him and Count Nefaria become multi-team foes.
    Pull List:

They should have guys like him and Count Nefaria become multi-team foes.
    Pull List:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Moses Magnum Means Murder! - I've always loved the sound of that, for some reason.

He was a legit heavyweight.

Extraordinary Member

The other issue is that he got his powers from Apocalypse but he's NOT a Horseman so he never shows up when they do. And the Horseman show up a lot.

If anything Magnum should be Apocalypse personal Van Helsing (Apoc accidentally gave Magnum the power to possibly end him then he went and pissed him off) but Magnum tend to be written as really being scared of Apocalypse so they never fight.

Yes. Dr. Frankenstein has a black female descendent whose son was murdered. The original Frankenstein monster is involved in the story as well.
    Last edited by G. Boney; 07-31-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

"Despite Diversity Push, Women and Minorities Aren’t Getting Better Movie Roles (Study)"

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/w...dy-1202890199/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 07-31-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "Despite Diversity Push, Women and Minorities Aren’t Getting Better Movie Roles (Study)"

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/w...dy-1202890199/
    https://shadowandact.com/color-us-no...and-off-camera

That's because we keep repeatedly attempting to be included into their system, their world, their films, their meetings, their panels. They have shown us every which but throwing a dirty toilet at us that they absolutely have no interest in serving our interest. Black Hollywood was a poor start with folks continuously running back to the plantation to ask for help. We need to truly and this is the last stand support each other with no last resort. I have been deeply critical of Black folk on this and other post and blogs because we seem to be happy with "Cliques" such and such help such and such so they move forward and create and folks state oh yeah see that progress. No we need to fund your project my project her project their project and move forward all by unknowns.
    No one is begging. What folks want is to be able to do the projects that they want WITHOUT backlash or pushback.

The woman behind HBO Girls gets the "it's her bleep and she can do what she wants" when folks question the lack of POC in the show.

Meanwhile Dear White People gets attacked. As does other shows by black folks who show more diversity in one episode than most shows do for an entire run. WITHOUT being asked to.

Where were all these black folks for Get Out to be made? What about for Milestone? Lion Forge?

Oh that's right they are attacking black creators like Kwanza Osajyefo-who dares call out a certain someone for his antics. Who called out this messageboard and anyone else who doesn't buy his books.