Page 2335 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 133518352235228523252331233223332334233523362337 LastLast
Results 35,011 to 35,025 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's a symptom of a problem Marvel, and comics in general, have when it comes to not being able to sustain teen characters. The only members of Generation X who see any use anymore are Jubileem and to a lesser extent, M. And Jubilee was already a popular, existing character before Gen X was even a thing. Same goes for a lot of the New Warriors and certainly the New X-Men. Even in the modern era, for every hit like Kamala Khan or Miles Morales, you have 5 or 6 Power Mans, Gravitys, Cloud-9s or any of the Avengers Academy kids.

The Teen Titans are no better. You can count the number of Teen Titans created after the late 80s who have actually successfully caught on and stuck around on both hands.
    I don't think anyone will ever convince me that there shouldn't be a "Champions" and that what we should have instead is New Warriors featuring Sam, Miles, Kamala, Night Thrasher, Namorita, and Speedball, and maybe Kate Bishop.

That in my mind is Marvel's best shot at having it's own "Teen Titans".

Even then I may sub out Speedball, Thrasher, and Namorita for Cloak and Dagger.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 08-01-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

double post
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-01-2018 at 01:26 PM.

It's a symptom of a problem Marvel, and comics in general, have when it comes to not being able to sustain teen characters. The only members of Generation X who see any use anymore are Jubileem and to a lesser extent, M. And Jubilee was already a popular, existing character before Gen X was even a thing. Same goes for a lot of the New Warriors and certainly the New X-Men. Even in the modern era, for every hit like Kamala Khan or Miles Morales, you have 5 or 6 Power Mans, Gravitys, Cloud-9s or any of the Avengers Academy kids.

The Teen Titans are no better. You can count the number of Teen Titans created after the late 80s who have actually successfully caught on and stuck around on both hands.
    Let me see, Tim, Connor, Cassie, Miss Martian, does Blue Beetle count? He was on the team for a while, Wonder Woman didn't like him for some reason, Jaime was supposed to be DC's spider-man but now that's Sideways.

Edit: Nertz! Bart! How did I forget about Bart?!

Extraordinary Member

None of the new diverse Justice Society members that Geoff Johns created caught on either.

Only Mr. Terrific who wasn't created by Johns (ironically) stuck.

Him and the legacies, and we know how that always ends for the legacies. DC may let 3 characters be the Flash but 2 of them will be whipping boys and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    None of the new diverse Justice Society members that Geoff Johns created caught on either.

Only Mr. Terrific who wasn't created by Johns (ironically) stuck.

Him and the legacies, and we know how that always ends for the legacies. DC may let 3 characters be the Flash but 2 of them will be whipping boys and nothing else.
    Stargirl kind of stuck, kind of, she appeared on smallville, jlu, and she's getting a show on DC's streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Let me see, Tim, Connor, Cassie, Miss Martian, does Blue Beetle count? He was on the team for a while, Wonder Woman didn't like him for some reason, Jaime was supposed to be DC's spider-man but now that's Sideways.

Yup. Only other ones I'd add would be Aqualad and Ravager. And like Juan mentioned, with the exception of Miss Martian, all of those characters were actually created outside the actual Teen Titans book, oddly enough.

Noble #10 out today.

This book is where it's at. Everything I've wanted in a hero comic.

Ultimate Member

Stargirl kind of stuck, kind of, she appeared on smallville, jlu, and she's getting a show on DC's streaming service.
    Notice it's outside of mainstream DC for the most part.

Look at Tim, Conner, Bart, Jaime, Jason Rusch & Casandra Cain. Over 600 solo issues between them.
    Marvel would fight you if Miles, Khan, Riri, Sam, Gwen & Moon Girl did that.

Dc's issue is they don't want to WORK. When all those guys hit bottom-Dc made little or no effort to build them back up and decided to jump on the new toy-in this case Sideways.

So you got a company that makes it not worth your time to bother with the teens because they have no trouble giving up. And unlike Marvel (at times)-if someone wants to do something with those guys-SOMEONE in editorial has an issue with it.

I just wanted to respond to say that I completely disagree with your take on The Crew. I absolutely loved it and feel it's among Marvel's tragically underrated gems.
    The Crew was a victim of Coates backlash and even Marvel SJW backlash. Folks were tired of Panther's name being used to get a book in the store and it was not about him.
    The Story was not the issue-I would say it was timing that really hurt it. I would say if you listed it as Storm & Misty mini to piggy back on Misty;s spotlight issue in Sam Wilson-I think you would have seen better sales that might have gotten you 8 issues.

An aside, but wanted to say that I don't think the quote was a mistake so much as it was simply adhering to the conventions of the fairy tale story being told. It would have become a rather different movie altogether otherwise.
    I would say if Disney had tossed out another black princess before her-no one would have said that much as it would have been the second black princess versus the first one ever.

While ones mileage may vary towards where one might lean, I feel the entire Catalyst Prime side of Lion Forge books is solid. It really is unfortunate that more aren't talking about the line.

Nobel's first Season was great, though I did wish the couple's son had more of concrete role in the story. It did go on a longer-than-the-rest-of-the-line's hiatus, but it's finally coming out of it today. My current favorite is Superb, and I highly recommend it. I've also heard positive favor for Summit.
    Well remember their editor left to go to Valiant and they did a ton of new hires-so you saw a delay in the books.

Well that falls on a certain group who put more effort in hate for Marvel based on who is on the cover. As many writers have screamed-all these good books out there doing what you are screaming for-yet throwing fits at Marvel for youtube hits seem to be more important.

Aspen Comics is doing a good job too. Portal Bound featured a Hispanic male lead, black male side kick, computer wiz female and a headstrong female lead. It just finished up.
    Scout has Jazz Lover (black lead), The Mall (set in the 80s with a black female co-lead) and have an upcoming series with a black lead in the vein of The Librarians or Magicians.
    Farmhand and Gasolina are good too.

And it's interesting YOung Animal is taking a break after the last issue of Shade The Changling Girl-who spoilers:
    dies and River-the black gay guy takes her place
    end of spoilers

I read a lot of comics and idk who synch is
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I read a lot of comics and idk who synch is
    He was a member of Generation X.

He was introduced in an event that introduced all the Gen X kids. Our first image of him was by Andy Kupert where the cops all had guns pointed at him. An image that would get attacked or to some groups PRAISED.

He did have one story line where he was the focus. In fact I think he had more than that. Or where someone wanted him for his powers.

He did have ONE NON X-Men story-in Amazing Spider-Man 437 teaming up with him. Written by Tom Defalco.

Gen X 59 is where the Panther comment came from

He dated Monet & Jubliee-who almost fought over him once.

He died saving racist white boys at the school when Emma's sister tried to blow it up.

He does have a Toy Fair exclusive figure.

Pretty much if you read Gen X-you would know him. Because that is where he mainly appeared.

He did pop up in New X-Men Academy in House of M that lead up to Wanda's "No more Mutants" comment. Alternative universe and he died there too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synch_(comics)

If Synch had not died he would potentially have become one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe.

Ultimate Member

Free Mafia 3 download with PS Plus this month.

https://kotaku.com/mafia-iii-headlin...eup-1828026829

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Christopher Priest's Batman vs Deathstroke arc is the only thing I care about in comics right now. The way he explores their mutual attraction towards and repugnance with each other's way of living is hilarious. Deathstroke's like "You just want to be me," Batman's like "you're thirsty for my acknowledgement," and they just keep finding newer and better ways to ruin each other's lives. This is THE best rivalry in comics right now and yaaay, it's between a hero and a villain like it should be; no more of that hero v. hero crap.

Priest is Beast.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-01-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Every single one of those characters with the exception of Miss Martian and Cassie, carried their own comic. Their version of the Titans was basically a super group/dream team, comparable to when Bendis brought Spider-Man and Wolverine into the Avengers. Miss Martian is objectively a failure because no one cared about her until the writing staff of the young justice cartoon gave her a personality. Didn't Johns intend to turn her into a bondage slave for Bart's evil clone? Skeevy as hell.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-01-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Speaking of minority villains, whatever happened to Moses Magnum?

I first saw him wreck the crap out of the X-men back in the day but he's only made a handful of appearances since then.
    Last I saw of the malicious master of the magnificent Magnum Force, he was doing the J-O-B to the Punisher in a Marc Guggenheim Spider-Man comic. This for a character who canonically flattened an Avengers team that included Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, and Iron Man. Like the dude seriously beat the vidal sassoon off of Wonder Man's oily scalp one-on-one, and this was under Kurt Busiek's pen, so that's like SUPER-emphasis as far as matters are concerned for the true Avengers diehards.

Lesser hands have made Magnus a lesser character.

The new guy looks like a cross between Tyler Durden from Fight Club and Miguel from Tekken.

spoilers:
    Glad to see Rig back.
    end of spoilers Hope Rachel and Momiji return as well.