Page 2336 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 13361836223622862326233223332334233523362337 LastLast
Results 35,026 to 35,040 of 35047
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I read a lot of comics and idk who synch is

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He was a member of Generation X.

He was introduced in an event that introduced all the Gen X kids. Our first image of him was by Andy Kupert where the cops all had guns pointed at him. An image that would get attacked or to some groups PRAISED.

He did have one story line where he was the focus. In fact I think he had more than that. Or where someone wanted him for his powers.

He did have ONE NON X-Men story-in Amazing Spider-Man 437 teaming up with him. Written by Tom Defalco.

Gen X 59 is where the Panther comment came from

He dated Monet & Jubliee-who almost fought over him once.

He died saving racist white boys at the school when Emma's sister tried to blow it up.

He does have a Toy Fair exclusive figure.

Pretty much if you read Gen X-you would know him. Because that is where he mainly appeared.

He did pop up in New X-Men Academy in House of M that lead up to Wanda's "No more Mutants" comment. Alternative universe and he died there too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synch_(comics)
    What he said. Plus, he was refreshing in that he was not filled with anger & angst that was typical of a lot of teens & mutants.

He was just....normal.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

What he said. Plus, he was refreshing in that he was not filled with anger & angst that was typical of a lot of teens & mutants.

He was just....normal.
    Dude, Synch was active from '94 to 2000. He's been dead 18 years ( 3x longer than he was alive), and Generation X was as niche as it got. Only the faithful remember Synch.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Naw, seriously. I hear the name around here, but i've never read a book where he's been in it

Dude, Synch was active from '94 to 2000. He's been dead 18 years ( 3x longer than he was alive), and Generation X was as niche as it got. Only the faithful remember Synch.
    Well that explains it. I didn't start reading comics until well after 2000 and I don't read many 90 comics because they are terrible
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Miss Martian is objectively a failure because no one cared about her until the writing staff of the young justice cartoon gave her a personality. Didn't Johns intend to turn her into a bondage slave for Bart's evil clone? Skeevy as hell.
    DC has been backwards like that too many times. The animation effects the books not the other way around. All comes from the same pot I guess but I know the Timm-verse, most prominently his Harley and it went on to the propping up of Miss Martian and to some extent Blue Beetle and others all became hot cause of the cartoons. When the gen-pop thinks about TT, it ain't any of George Perez's work that's for sure.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Naw, seriously. I hear the name around here, but i've never read a book where he's been in it

Well that explains it. I didn't start reading comics until well after 2000 and I don't read many 90 comics because they are terrible
    True, but I have a soft spot for Gen 13. Jim Valentino's GotG was enjoyable.

I also like the Duck Avenger comic, those wacky italians.

BANNED

New here... I just saw Black Panther, I frickin' loved it, and I gotta say why the hell ain't there more gorgeous black women in comics? I love them so damn much, it makes me so triggered that they're underrated lol.

They're out there. Just gotta search them out, hope they're attatched to a good writer, and pray they aren't in the X-men so they might get a chance to be more than a one-note token.

The poster who said Synch being generic made me think of a wider trend in fiction where writers seem to give the token black dude really underwritten personalities because they don't actually know what to do with them. It's in comics a lot but it's also really prevalent in TV and movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The poster who said Synch being generic made me think of a wider trend in fiction where writers seem to give the token black dude really underwritten personalities because they don't actually know what to do with them. It's in comics a lot but it's also really prevalent in TV and movies.
    In most cases the black guy is suppose to be the ABC After School Special guy or that bridge guy for certain topics.

You want to talk interracial dating-black guy
    You want a racism story-black guy
    You want a police brutality issue-black guy
    You want accused of a crime-black guy
    You want dumb jock-black guy
    You want platonic best friend to the girl-black guy
    You want a rape or disrespecting women storyline-black guy
    You want dateless nerd-black guy at times
    You want a fatherless kid-black guy

Glee, 90210, 7th Heaven, Riverdale, CSI New York, CSI Crossing Borders & others say hi.
    Eric McCommick had to put his foot down on Perception to expand Arjay Smith's background on the show. Suddenly Arjay's guy was adopted by a Jewish family, had a brother, girlfriend & a background in medicine.

Titus Makin Jr seems to live for those roles. We'll see when his new show starts on ABC next year.

Dude, you just listed every role that Jordan Calloway has ever played

Dude, you just listed every role that Jordan Calloway has ever played
    He hasn't played a rapist. Yet. Hopefully never.

Astonishing Member

'Niche as it got' is a wild exaggeration about Gen X! Ok, it was a spin off title, but it was a pretty popular spin off title, honest...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    'Niche as it got' is a wild exaggeration about Gen X! Ok, it was a spin off title, but it was a pretty popular spin off title, honest...
    A lot of that might have been due to Chris Bachalo's artwork -- he's been a consistent draw since at least Shade TCM and his work on the original Sandman books.

Same goes for Bill Seinkiewicz and Arthur Adams with The New Mutants, J. Scott Cambell for Gen 13, Stuart Immonen and Bachalo (again) for Bendis' X-Men books, Humberto Ramos for DV8, Adrian Aphona for Runaways, and Paco Medina for New X-Men.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-03-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Damn....I'm old school.

Extraordinary Member

Damn....I'm really old school.

I started reading in the 1980's, but my collection includes a lot of material from the 1960s and 1970s.

For me, the death of Synch was the around the time I stopped collecting X-Men comics regularly. I stopped completely by AvX.