Page 2337 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 1337183722372287232723332334233523362337
Results 35,041 to 35,047 of 35047
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    'Niche as it got' is a wild exaggeration about Gen X! Ok, it was a spin off title, but it was a pretty popular spin off title, honest...
    WAS is the operative word, I think. It's 2018.

If they tried to relaunch Gen X now it'd fail the same way New Warriors keeps failing.

There's a large percentage of peeps that left the hobby after the 90's comics book bust that never came back to the shops.

And both Marvel and DC have yet to get those people back to the hobby stuff like Generation X and New Warriors or Team Titans can't last in this market.

Which means there's no place to really put all these characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The poster who said Synch being generic made me think of a wider trend in fiction where writers seem to give the token black dude really underwritten personalities because they don't actually know what to do with them. It's in comics a lot but it's also really prevalent in TV and movies.
    I think Geoff Johns just sneezed.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Hey, someone get me hip to Tyrone's powers in Cloak & Dagger. I just saw the finale and I'm confused. Did his shadow eat that guy or is this one of those 'fate worse than death' deals?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Hey, someone get me hip to Tyrone's powers in Cloak & Dagger. I just saw the finale and I'm confused. Did his shadow eat that guy or is this one of those 'fate worse than death' deals?
    I'm guessing it's the latter. His shadow powers in the comics seem to be some kind of "hell" were you don't die but are condemned to a cold, dark realm where you're driven mad the longer you're in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm in the middle, or the end of 4, I think. I should have it wrapped up well before Halloween and I'll get back. I actually kind of dig it. Maybe they get a hotter Dagger for season 2 maybe. Even Cloak can't overuse the cloak right, won't he get driven wild crazy or something?

Gloria Reuben looks pretty good though still, Rae Dawn Chong version 2.0 as I call her.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    WAS is the operative word, I think. It's 2018.

If they tried to relaunch Gen X now it'd fail the same way New Warriors keeps failing.

There's a large percentage of peeps that left the hobby after the 90's comics book bust that never came back to the shops.

And both Marvel and DC have yet to get those people back to the hobby stuff like Generation X and New Warriors or Team Titans can't last in this market.
    There are places but the ENTITLEMENT crew will fight you tooth and nail to get those books out of the stores.

You do Gen X now-with the original diverse cast-he will say this is the book that closed 100 comic book stores like Ms Marvel has.
    You do New Warriors with it's cast-how dare you do a book where a black male forms a team-that is SJW and 50 more stores will be gone thanks to SJW Marvel.

And you know who with the outdated hair style will make nonstop bashing videos like he is now with Ms Marvel's co-creator-Sana Amanat.

http://shawnsjames.blogspot.com/2018...ew-52-wtf.html

And the big two aren’t pulling the sales numbers they had back in the 1980s and 1990s.
    Yeah there is a REASON for that. It also has nothing to do with SJW.

In the era where superheroes are at the height of their popularity on movie screens across the country, comics can barely sell 20,000 issues. And that’s due to the indignance of people like Dan Didio and Sana Amanat who refuse to give the customer what they want: Fun all-ages superhero stories filled with action and adventure.
    Doesn't Lion Forge, Dynamite Comics, IDW, KaBoom, Valiant & others do that????

OHH I forget folks who scream that only want those stories with WHITE STRAIGHT MALES.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules