Page 402 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 3023523923983994004014024034044054064124525029021402 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 35047
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Damn it all. #gamergate has really let me down. It could have been a pure thing, a genuine cry for ethical reformation in a medium that people care so much about. But the trolls and the skirt-haters ruined it for everyone. No one will ever respect a movement that can't govern itself. I'm over it. Just another moderate getting screwed over by everybody.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Damn it all. #gamergate has really let me down. It could have been a pure thing, a genuine cry for ethical reformation in a medium that people care so much about. But the trolls and the skirt-haters ruined it for everyone. No one will ever respect a movement that can't govern itself. I'm over it. Just another moderate getting screwed over by everybody.
    Gamergate was B.S. from the very start.

In an industry where the biggest magazines/websites/blogs openly take advertizing money from the same
    companies whose games they are gonna review the biggest problem you can find is Zoe Bell?

Mugs bought Watchdogs for 60 effing dollars thinking it was the be all and end all then had to pay extra to get more than 45 minutes worth of play value out of it but you are mad at Anita Sakessian?

Having to pay extra for dlcs for every game that comes out now doesn't bother you but Felicia Day does?

Yeah. Ok.

Then mugs have the nerve to staunchly defend this ongoing stupidity. Because gamers are now apparantly
    just bitter simps with a persecution problem. You need more from an ethical movement then some
    nerd being mad that his ex doesn't want to have sex with him anymore.

That is how this ish started, point blank.

I'd be embarassed for these dudes if I didn't think they were all dangerous nutjobs.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 10-26-2014 at 06:07 AM.

It was crippled right when it started/gained public attention via skirt-hating. If "journalistic ethic" reform was actually the point, and not anti-PC or whatever it morphed into, then Eron Gjoni and his issues were the worst thing to ever happen to that movement. That, and maybe aim for someone other than people looking for positive changes in gaming, like Anita?

It never had a chance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    It was crippled right when it gained public attention via skirt-hating. If "journalistic ethic" reform was actually the point, and not anti-PC or whatever it morphed into, then Eron Gjoni and his issues were the worst thing to ever happen to that movement.

It never had a chance.
    If "Journalistic ethical reform" was the aim, they would have picked other targets in the first pace and ignored Gjoni completely. I didn't see any of these guys taking on the gaming mags in any substantive way.

If this was about journalism they would have gone after the gaming mags/websites first.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If "Journalistic ethical reform" was the aim, they would have picked other targets in the first pace and ignored Gjoni completely. I didn't see any of these guys taking on the gaming mags in any substantive way.

If this was about journalism they would have gone after the gaming mags/websites first.
    Right. And at best, they aimed at Gawker and Gamasutra not because of journalism issues, but because Quinn and a few other feminist gamers are associated with those two sites. Either by posting there, or because the sites dared to defend them.

Pathetic.

If that stuff was about Journalistic ethics they'd have been raising a stink about it about 10 yrs ago. Gaming Journalism ahs always been shady. Yet we're supposed to believe the tipping point was some indy game that hardly anyone was going to pay attention to in the first place. I don't remember anyone sending death and rape threats to that guy who gave "Aliens: Colonial Marines" a good review last year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

It never was going to be about anything, you have to remember that yeah gamers hate the idea of on disc pay dlc and shovel ware but they hate the idea of change more then comic book fans do. Women playing games( and being good at it ), people of color playing games other then sport and fighting titles and of course they snapped, this is a medium where it's widely know that racism and hatrassment runs rampant but it was ok cause there's never been a spotlight shown on it for more then five seconds

BANNED

Felica Day makes a comment about gamergate and is immediately doxxed.
    Ex NFL player writes a scathing (and truthful) essay about the true motives of this movement and nothing happens.
    https://medium.com/the-cauldron/why-...f-a7e4c7f6d8a6

Seems to be clear what the true intentions of these manbabies are.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    It never was going to be about anything, you have to remember that yeah gamers hate the idea of on disc pay dlc and shovel ware but they hate the idea of change more then comic book fans do. Women playing games( and being good at it ), people of color playing games other then sport and fighting titles and of course they snapped, this is a medium where it's widely know that racism and hatrassment runs rampant but it was ok cause there's never been a spotlight shown on it for more then five seconds
    Gamer Nerds were just fine with the idea of half naked women being booth babes and hawking shovelware at places like CES, but once they started making games themsevels and having critical opinions on gaming the S.O.Bs all lost their got-dammed minds.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Whoooaa I didnt know this was a thing....reading up on wikipedia....
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Felica Day makes a comment about gamergate and is immediately doxxed.
    Ex NFL player writes a scathing (and truthful) essay about the true motives of this movement and nothing happens.
    https://medium.com/the-cauldron/why-...f-a7e4c7f6d8a6

Seems to be clear what the true intentions of these manbabies are.
    And in the wake of the Felica Day incident, Kulwe's been on Twitter asking why HE hasn't been doxxed yet.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

This is probably random but....

I know it probably isn't 100% true(right?) but the "sagging originated in jail to be available for sex" bothers me. It's like they are using perceived homosexuality to deter people from sagging instead of saying "hey you look like a fucking moron!". There is something wrong with using that as a billy club to get people to pull their pants up.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Why?

Please expand on your reasons for liking the current GR book.
    I've always been into muscle cars and I have a special needs cousin who when I was younger I put my hands on more then a few guys who thought it was funny or cool to mess with her, it is also one of the few titles coming from the big two that has a person of color writing and drawing it( been a huge fan of Scott since Batgirl )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    And in the wake of the Felica Day incident, Kulwe's been on Twitter asking why HE hasn't been doxxed yet.
    I guess a guy that's an athlete and isn't afraid is a bit outside of their scope.
    It's all about ethics, etc.

Wow, there are A LOT of "Ray Rice Blackface" costumes this year.

For those who keep believing we are moving forward and always forward, I think this year will be a wake up call.

Also, if you heard about what Charles Barkley said, ignore it. It's stupid, and all the **** he was blaming black people for can easily be directed back at him.
    Last edited by Double 0; 10-26-2014 at 09:35 AM.