Page 47 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157971475471047 ... LastLast

Yeah, I second that.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Since dc just licenses the Milestone characters (they don't own them), it's possible they can't use him. The current status of their deal is anybody's guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    We talk about this a lot and we have no definitve answers, but I'm going to say, "A lot". If Michael Davis is to be believed, the Milestone founders are happy with DC, but they don't want to put out a book just to put out a book, having learned something from Static Shock. They want good books, not everyday books, which, considering the quality of the orginal Milestone line, is what they should want. However, look at the bulk of DC's superhero line at the moment, and see the writing on the wall.

Now, my own gut theory is that DC is reluctant to commit to Milestone because they want to renegotiate the license. They are willing to let things lapse in order to make a more favorable deal for WB/DC. To publish a new series only pushes the terms of publication back further. I have no hard evidence on this, but it is a stunt they pulled with some creator-owned Vertigo series when Paul Levitz left. (The Complete Deadenders and the House of Secrets omnibus come to mind, although in the case of the latter, DC did own the trademark to the title, just not the original content for the series.)
    The want and need of good comics based on your creations is understandable but I don't really see that happening at DC at the moment. Now what ever stunt DC is pulling I hope they get there stuff together. I'd rather not see characters I enjoy fade into obscurity because DC is playing around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Just glad to see minorities celebrating comics without backbiting. I support ECBACC!

Good lord the early early days were straight up crabs in the bucketville. (not at ECBACC..i'm talkin a few general conventions)
    Yeah I guess people are starting to see supporting each other helps everyone.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Yea I did! It was a pretty cool read for me as a fan

The art really helps the story, very fluid IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Yes, it's really good. That scene where Grimm has to climb down the stairs by himself so he won't be late for his meeting with his parole agent is absolutely haunting. It's one of the more harrowing, meaningful scenes I've ever read in comic, all the more powerful because it was true.
    Great feedback thanks. I'm gonna check it out when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Cunard View Post
    SENTENCES was well put together. I'd even recommend it to people who haven't listened to MF Grimm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I thought it was very well done, and I only knew M.F. Grimm as a name.
    For people who haven't listened to MF Grimm I'd recommend checking out the now classic Scars and Memories record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW260-jrgPo

The 3 disc American Hunger was decent too. Of course his work with MF DOOM is a must listen.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I definitely need to check out MF Doom's stuff.

Random aside, but now it makes sense why Batwing is showing up in Batman Eternal. Just like Mr. Terrific and Grifter showing up in Future's End:

Batwing and Birds of Prey are cancelled.

So, the last of the black solo ongoing and DC's superheroine team is gone. I'm sure DC will just blame the fans per usual.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

Random aside, but now it makes sense why Batwing is showing up in Batman Eternal. Just like Mr. Terrific and Grifter showing up in Future's End:

So, the last of the black solo ongoing and DC's superheroine team is gone. I'm sure DC will just blame the fans per usual.
    I knew Batwing was gonna go..I kept buying issues..so i wouldnt have to hunt them sown later like I did with xombi, and all my milestone comics.

Shame, I thought Batwing was interesting. Birds of Prey I read when Gail Simone was on the title. I am riding out her DC book the Movement till the bitter end.

BANNED

Play #1 in DC's playbook, blame the fans

Can't wait for Didio screaming at someone at a con about how DC tried everything and it's the fans who didn't buy it

BANNED

Got a Miles Morales commission from Justin Greenwood, he said he had a blast doing it
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...pse641605b.jpg

And got Dexter Vines to sign "Wu-Tang is for the kids" on my fav cover of Nova, this got a chuckle out of Laura Martin who was sitting next to him thus my high respect for her is now even higher
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psfdf9cb67.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    The creators of the characters.

We should care, since this kind of crap will be used to justify flipping the script on non white minority characters. In other words, 10 to 100 years from now, some white Hollywood filmmaker is going to want to make Blade white (which is what they were considering when Blade was being shopped around in Hollywood) and use crap like Watson being an Asian female to justify the change. Why race/gender/sexuality bend a character when you can create an "original" archetype character (with a twist of course) to be the race/gender/sexuality that you want?
    you act like it hasn't been done already.

besides, companies are free to adapt whatever they have the rights too, regardless of how we feel about it. and if there is no longer a copyright, then anyone should be allowed to change whatever they want if they decide to adapt a piece of work. and we're free to disagree and vocally or with our money or accept and support it.

I was digging Batwing till they basically rebooted the book halfway through. People had invested in David and grew to like him but they just threw him in the bushes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Play #1 in DC's playbook, blame the fans

Can't wait for Didio screaming at someone at a con about how DC tried everything and it's the fans who didn't buy it
    And I want someone to ask him what did they do to promote Batwing?

What other books did he appear in?
    Who beside Batman appeared in Batwing's book? Funny how all the black guys don't appear in other books until their books get axed.
    What gimmicks did they use with Batwing? I didn't see 50 cover or artist being asked to do his covers like Harley Quinn.
    Where were the interviews? Excluding those for Batman crossovers.

They can blame fans all they like but who is sending the very OFFENDING message to minorities? We will make NO effort in supporting minority lead books. So you don't want my money-fine.

Incredible Member

Ok this Jem thing is truly bananas now.....

https://twitter.com/AuroraPerrineau/...73830168887296

Seriously?

I'll be honest, I'm surprised batwing lasted this long, they probably would have gotten rid of it a long time ago but maybe they were afraid of people flipping out like the John Stewart fiasco. Yeah, they'll say the fans didn't want it, but DC doesn't push its books very well, how do they expect everything other than batman and superman (or anything Johns likes) to survive if they don't push it. I still miss threshold.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-19-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Another one bites the dust

Yo remember Frankenstein agent of shade?

That was a comic
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Ok this Jem thing is truly bananas now.....

https://twitter.com/AuroraPerrineau/...73830168887296
    It's gone man.
    Seriously?

The age old question is asked again.

Where are the new black writers?

Answer? Some are in the Indies. And most learned a long time ago that comics isn't the avenue they want to go if they actually want to write for a living. For various reasons.

Hopefully changes can be made that'll make the industry more attractive to perspective creators and consumers alike. I doubt these solutions will come from Marvel or DC.

Ok, maybe Marvel.