Page 497 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 3974474874934944954964974984995005015075475979971497 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 35047
    BANNED

If I wanna see a epic action film I have anything from his brother, Mike Bay's early stuff or anything from over seas

Other people have made better epic action films and didn't expose themselves as racist tool bags in the process

BANNED

it most definitely shows that prometheus wasn't an anomaly of crapiness

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its Hollywood honestly.....i didn't expect the most honest portrayal of Moses or anyone there. If you wanna go see an epic action film , then yeah its basically that.
    Does it at least hold up as a religious film or is GOD basically a no show?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    it most definitely shows that prometheus wasn't an anomaly of crapiness
    Man was that movie rough to sit through

I was like, "a movie with Idris, Chalize and Rooney what could go wrong?"

Everything, everything

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    It's actually not good at all. It's a steaming pile of pretentious crap.
    It didn't seem to actually try and hammer home that message at all from what I saw. Basically Moses doesn't believe in anything. Even when he's exiled from Egypt he doesn't believe. Its a good while before he actually believes in God.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I've heard some scathing reviews of it, to the point where some of my friends (and reviewers) were saying, "thank god it's over" when it finished.
    Yep reviews wise it was ripped a lot by many.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    It flopping makes me happy.
    Its not exactly flopping. The film opened at where they felt it would here. It didn't do as well as Noah opening but the studio was pleased where it came in at #1. The movie basically will do what "Troy" and other films did and perform better outside North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    If I wanna see a epic action film I have anything from his brother, Mike Bay's early stuff or anything from over seas

Other people have made better epic action films and didn't expose themselves as racist tool bags in the process
    You had me til ya mentioned Michael Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Does it at least hold up as a religious film or is GOD basically a no show?
    God shows up , but you debate on it awhile. Is Moses having an effect of his accident he suffers on the mountain. Even his wife believes that. Its not til later in the film , you realize Moses is speaking to God.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

From what I have gleaned it not close enough to the Old Testament for the religious person and obviously can never have enough science for the atheist or agnostic which puts it in the grey area. Troy at least is not dealing with a story close enough to any real world religion for it to matter what liberities get taken.

BANNED

Smoov-E:
    There are tons of terrible foreign films, you just never hear about them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It didn't seem to actually try and hammer home that message at all from what I saw. Basically Moses doesn't believe in anything. Even when he's exiled from Egypt he doesn't believe. Its a good while before he actually believes in God.

Yep reviews wise it was ripped a lot by many.

Its not exactly flopping. The film opened at where they felt it would here. It didn't do as well as Noah opening but the studio was pleased where it came in at #1. The movie basically will do what "Troy" and other films did and perform better outside North America.

You had me til ya mentioned Michael Bay.

God shows up , but you debate on it awhile. Is Moses having an effect of his accident he suffers on the mountain. Even his wife believes that. Its not til later in the film , you realize Moses is speaking to God.

When you want to defend this but don't want to acknowledge Bay and his Bay-ism you really don't help your argument. Bay at least owns up to Pearl Harbor and since Ridley won't with Prometheus I doubt he will with this

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Smoov-E:

Depends on where you go, in today's social media world nothing stays in a bubble

Ultimate Member

So DC has house cleaned? John Stewart is now homeless along with Batwoman. I guess DC is saying Marvel can have the diversity battle.

Batwoman, at least, is a mercy killing. The book's been terrible since Williams and Blackman left.

And of course, there's always the possibility of relaunch in June.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

^^Bernie, owner of one of the comic shops in my town got married a week or so ago.

^^He's clearly a man with good taste in comics
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Batwoman, at least, is a mercy killing. The book's been terrible since Williams and Blackman left.

And of course, there's always the possibility of relaunch in June.
    To me this smells like house cleaning. House cleaning in getting rid of characters who are a distraction in the worshiping of certain ones.

If you get rid of all the black guys -you have no choice but to LOVE Cyborg.

Get rid of the other Lanterns-you have to LOVE Hal.

Now how much money does DC lose between now and June? Why would you bother collecting the rest of those books?

All DC did was help the competition. Does this help Mighty Avengers, Storm, Bitch Planet, Ms Marvel and others?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    When you want to defend this but don't want to acknowledge Bay and his Bay-ism you really don't help your argument. Bay at least owns up to Pearl Harbor and since Ridley won't with Prometheus I doubt he will with this
    Its Ridley Scott , even his B level movies are better than what Michael Bay pushes out. The best thing Michael Bay did in recent years was "Pain & Gain" and that was so un-Bay , you'd think someone else did it. Ridley Scott could fart these big epic movies out better than Michael Bay ever could.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

No way that Robin Hood is better than The Rock. Hell, Bad Boys 1 and 2 is better than Prometheus, which is a low bar to clear, but Prometheus is a pretentious pile, so...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Smoov-E:

The grass is always greener on the other side.

But those of us who were following HK action flicks in the early aughts or the genre stuff coming out of
    Japan might have a different perspective. I'd say the film scene is dead or dying in both places right about now.

At least in comparison to their heydays.

Heck, even Korea didn't run the genre table when it had its chance.