Page 504 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If theaters won't show the movie, Sony can't get paid.

If Sony can't get paid, there is nothing in it for them.

Showing they can't be pushed around by releasing it for free online won't put a dime in their pockets.
    So they just caved and cut their losses.
    If it goes on Netflix, they might get some money through subscriptions.

Or heck, maybe Franco and Rogen will take the distribution rights back and do their own thing. Who knows.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Speaking of Sony, another leaked email talks about how an exec questions putting black actors as the leads in certain films because the international audience is "racist" and the studio shouldn't take the risk and used Denzel Washington as an example. This article however points out that The Equalizer tripled it's budget and made almost half of it overseas http://www.inquisitr.com/1687244/den...ed-sony-email/
    The Emails released so far are only the tip of the iceberg. I am sure there are worse ones yet to be released.

Possibly criminal acts discussed.

BANNED

Speaking of Sony, another leaked email talks about how an exec questions putting black actors as the leads in certain films because the international audience is "racist" and the studio shouldn't take the risk and used Denzel Washington as an example. This article however points out that The Equalizer tripled it's budget and made almost half of it overseas http://www.inquisitr.com/1687244/den...ed-sony-email/
    nothing in those emails is shocking. we already knew this and we've known it for a very long time. hell, it's been said openly more than once. just like we know what they say about female led films that aren't rom-coms

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    nothing in those emails is shocking. we already knew this and we've known it for a very long time. hell, it's been said openly more than once. just like we know what they say about female led films that aren't rom-coms
    You both beat me to this. I was just about to post this. Hopefully the rest of America catches up to what is essentially blatant racism towards one of the greatest actors of this generation.\

It's like ive been saying it's an added burden to being black and being and actor as is.

I like how he tried to deflect to the audience instead of putting it on himself. The audience ultimately doesnt decide what get's played overseas really.
    Last edited by Moose100; 12-18-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Got a new book for you guys: Shamanism by Igor Baranko. (Particularly for Greg and Boney as they are working on their own comics featuring the occult.) It's hard to give a bullet point synopsis, but it's basically a "what if" if the "ghostdancing" movement amongst late 19th century Native Americans had worked and the white imperialists has disappeared off the face of the planet. It's also a time travel story, a love story, an alternate history of N America, and a horror story. Really brilliant stuff. Baranko's probably fated to be one of those perpertual cult creators because his work never takes the easy way out, but he's a true visionary. If you're looking for something different, this is one of the best comics of the year. Some serious next level stuff.

Attachment 12396

Yo, Fanboy... look what I got...

BANNED

Brandon Easton announced that he was selected for the Disney/ABC Writers Program

Huge congrats to him

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Brandon Easton announced that he was selected for the Disney/ABC Writers Program

Huge congrats to him
    Thats awesome!! COngrats!!
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    Definitely. But I think it's interesting to have this evidence. Whenever the subject of lack of minority lead roles in big Hollywood movies comes up, someone invariably says, "Why does it have to be about race? Why can't we talk who's best for the role?" Well, here's further proof that the people who do the hiring are making it about race.

Definitely. But I think it's interesting to have this evidence. Whenever the subject of lack of minority lead roles in big Hollywood movies comes up, someone invariably says, "Why does it have to be about race? Why can't we talk who's best for the role?" Well, here's further proof that the people who do the hiring are making it about race.
    Yep thats right. It proves what we knew all along that they do it on purpose and it's not by happenstance as they say it is.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    You both beat me to this. I was just about to post this. Hopefully the rest of America catches up to what is essentially blatant racism towards one of the greatest actors of this generation.\

It's like ive been saying it's an added burden to being black and being and actor as is.

I like how he tried to deflect to the audience instead of putting it on himself. The audience ultimately doesnt decide what get's played overseas really.
    I've brought it up in the past about how early 80's MTV used the same logic. "We're not racist, but a big chunk of our audience is."
    Thing is, I think it's a real thing, not just in the entertainment field, but in politics as well. The idea of you don't think the way those other people do, but you still want their money/support so you can't risk offending them even though you disagree with them.

Extraordinary Member

Take this statement about Denzel along with the earlier one deriding Kevin Hart as being a "whore" and
    you get a pretty stark picture of what Black Actors have to deal with even if they make it.

They can't star in big movies because "The overseas audience is racist"

But if they make big money in domestic films and demand to be paid accordingly for that, they are "whores".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Take this statement about Denzel along with the earlier one deriding Kevin Hart as being a "whore" and
    you get a pretty stark picture of what Black Actors have to deal with even if they make it.

They can't star in big movies because "The overseas audience is racist"

But if they make big money in domestic films and demand to be paid accordingly for that, they are "whores".
    This just about sums it up.

Funnily enough, when one brings up the same discrepancies as regards the lack of usage of Black male characters of subtance in the MCU/DCU one gets accused of either unfairly insinuating malice on the part of the writers involved or playing the race card which completel misses the salient point that one is making.

Namely the fact that the writers themselves regardless of whether they're of a liberal bent or not, tend to be more comfortable writing characters that look like them in heroic settings triumphing over insurmountable odds whilst in the case of non-caucasian male characters, these same writers cripple the protagonists to such a degree that there's barely anything compelling about them to sustain reader interest.

Over in the DCU, Cyborg is nothing more than a glorified taxi service for whichever characters he's featured fighting alongside and to make matters worse, his cybernetic systems always seem to break down at the worst possible moment necessitating repairs in the field by random team mates,

And it's not as if things are any better over in the MCU where established genius level characters like T'Challa is portrayed as a tactical ignoramus in New Avengers, Adam Brashear aka Blue Marvel is never seen outside of the Mighty Avengers book even though his power set, knowledge and origin would make him a good fit for the Illuminati, Blade is inexplicably shunted back into creative limbo after a brief stint with the aforementioned Mighty Avengers and Sam Wilson the new Captain America is launched as an inverted douchebag who alternates between getting his inverted ass beaten in the Axis event or having said ass saved by supporting characters in his own book.

Contrast the portrayal of these characters against Thor Odinson who though bereft of Mjolnir, is still a force to be reckoned with, Tony Stark (inverted) who is even more powerful than he was pre-Inversion and Steve Rogers who even as an old man sans Super Soldier Serum is still kicking ass and taking names whilst being a tactical genius behind the scenes, and tell me that it's a level playing field for all characters involved.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-18-2014 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yo, Fanboy... look what I got...

Gettin on the Bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

Huge congrats to him
    Awesome News. Im sure he will do great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This just about sums it up.

Funnily enough, when one brings up the same discrepancies as regards the lack of usage of Black male characters of subtance in the MCU/DCU one gets accused of either unfairly insinuating malice on the part of the writers involved or playing the race card which completel misses the salient point that one is making.

Namely the fact that the writers themselves regardless of whether they're of a liberal bent or not, tend to be more comfortable writing characters that look like them in heroic settings triumphing over insurmountable odds whilst in the case of non-caucasian male characters, these same writers cripple the protagonists to such a degree that there's barely anything compelling about them to sustain reader interest.

Over in the DCU, Cyborg is nothing more than a glorified taxi service for whichever characters he's featured fighting alongside and to make matters worse, his cybernetic systems always seem to break down at the worst possible moment necessitating repairs in the field by random team mates,

And it's not as if things are any better over in the MCU where established genius level characters like T'Challa is portrayed as a tactical ignoramus in New Avengers, Adam Brashear aka Blue Marvel is never seen outside of the Mighty Avengers book even though his power set, knowledge and origin would make him a good fit for the Illuminati, Blade is inexplicably shunted back into creative limbo after a brief stint with the aforementioned Mighty Avengers and Sam Wilson the new Captain America is launched as an inverted douchebag who alternates between getting his inverted ass beaten in the Axis event or having said ass saved by supporting characters in his own book.

Contrast the portrayal of these characters against Thor Odinson who though bereft of Mjolnir, is still a force to be reckoned with, Tony Stark (inverted) who is even more powerful than he was pre-Inversion and Steve Rogers who even as an old man sans Super Soldier Serum is still kicking ass and taking names whilst being a tactical genius behind the scenes, and tell me that it's a level playing field for all characters involved.

Yeah these are all bad but like Brashear? Or hell even all those characters not showing up anywhere but MA? THATS a travesty. Also like ive said before Sam running to Steve and not being totally unilateral really rubs me the wrong way..
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

BANNED

Yeah these are all bad but like Brashear? Or hell even all those characters not showing up anywhere but MA? THATS a travesty. Also like ive said before Sam running to Steve and not being totally unilateral really rubs me the wrong way..
    How the hell is Sam supposed to be taken seriously as the new Captain America if he keeps relying on Rogers for support?

Hell, with the re-introduction of Baron Blood in the pages of Captain America, a couple of issues with Blade as a guest star would have been cool especially as Blade was a member of the Mighty Avengers much like the Falcon but noooo, Marvel in their infinite wisdom (or lack thereof) never seem to be able to connect the story potential dots where aid dots actually make sense.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-18-2014 at 02:24 PM.