Page 51 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455611011515511051 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Seems DC is now targeting BM & possibly MA fans...silver & blu,huh?

After all Earth-2 is also a team-bk.

Mks u wonda y dey cudnt just use Icon instead if DC wantd a true DC/Marvl match-up.

We/SZrmo interestd in d Supa-president frm Earth 23.

Wat do y'all say abt dis?

Cud dis b a play against BM?

By d way, pls pls y'all vote:

Which Guy Do You Prefer for Storm?
    Thrd started: 05-11-2014, 07:35 PM
    http://community.comicbookresources....efer-for-Storm

Don't care about anything DC related and I don't care about anything X-Men related

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal View Post
    I think they are happy because of the check they are getting; DC might be paying them big bucks for those licenses.
    Which is odd since they only cared about one character and then when said character got a solo comic they didn't give a damn about it

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Don't care about anything DC related and I don't care about anything X-Men related

Which is odd since they only cared about one character and then when said character got a solo comic they didn't give a damn about it
    Not really when you think about it: Static is the crossover hit so if you anchor it with the rest of the Milestone character they become a big threat to DC; especially with way the 52 universe has turned out.

They would rather pay them off than see those characters in the market. Unfortunately with McDuffie gone I think some of the owners don't want to take up the responsibility of restarting Milestone so they let it sit at DC and collect a check...IMO
    "On working through writers block"

So I was standing in my garden at three in the morning with a glass of whiskey, smoking furiously and swearing at the sky, reduced to waiting for the thunder bolt to hit when...

Warren Ellis

Ultimate Member

Not really when you think about it: Static is the crossover hit so if you anchor it with the rest of the Milestone character they become a big threat to DC; especially with way the 52 universe has turned out.

They would rather pay them off than see those characters in the market. Unfortunately with McDuffie gone I think some of the owners don't want to take up the responsibility of restarting Milestone so they let it sit at DC and collect a check...IMO
    So in other words Milestone likes collecting welfare? Because waiting on DC for a check is that collecting welfare.

There was no way Milestone was a threat to DC. Now if Marvel got a hold of Milestone and Milestone guys still kept ownership-yes DC would be SCREWED.

You don't work 20 years to sit around and collect a check. If Veronica Mars can do kickstarter and get a film not only funded but made and sold-Milestone has no excuse.

Maybe they need to be reminded what Static meant to folks.

Invincible Member

Seems DC is now targeting BM & possibly MA fans...silver & blu,huh?

After all Earth-2 is also a team-bk.

Mks u wonda y dey cudnt just use Icon instead if DC wantd a true DC/Marvl match-up.

We/SZrmo interestd in d Supa-president frm Earth 23.

Wat do y'all say abt dis?

Cud dis b a play against BM?

I don't think so. This is Grant Morrison's thing much like Infinite Crisis. If anything it'll make some fans wonder about Icon.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So in other words Milestone likes collecting welfare? Because waiting on DC for a check is that collecting welfare.

There was no way Milestone was a threat to DC. Now if Marvel got a hold of Milestone and Milestone guys still kept ownership-yes DC would be SCREWED.

You don't work 20 years to sit around and collect a check. If Veronica Mars can do kickstarter and get a film not only funded but made and sold-Milestone has no excuse.

I don't think you can compare the situation to welfare.

It's like when writer writes a book, Hollywood pays him for the option to perhaps do a film, studio changes their mind about film, but the writer still keeps the money. He's being paid to not take his ideas to another studio while the first decides if it's worth their time to invest in. DC might think it's worth it to just sit on the Milestone universe rather than the characters end up at Dark Horse or IDW or Boom.

Marvel isn't doing much with those Malibu characters

And according 2 Mikel Davis Milestone Media cre8rs r happy with dat.
    Derek Dingle and Dwayne McDuffie were the owners of Milestone at the time of McDuffie's death. Now I assume it's Dingle and McDuffie's widow. Honestly anything Davis says is just his opinion and has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's like when Stan Lee has said that marvel Studios is working on a Black Panther movie. Stan Lee co-created BP, but he doesn't work for marvel Studios. His knowledge on the situation is probably greater than ours but he's not Kevin Fiege and has no actual say in the situation.

Well none of us know the details of the deal. From what writer Geoffrey Thorne (who was friends with McDuffie) has said, Milestone CAN'T just take the established characters to another publisher. They could take new characters somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It's like when writer writes a book, Hollywood pays him for the option to perhaps do a film, studio changes their mind about film, but the writer still keeps the money. He's being paid to not take his ideas to another studio while the first decides if it's worth their time to invest in. DC might think it's worth it to just sit on the Milestone universe rather than the characters end up at Dark Horse or IDW or Boom.
    This is probably close to the truth, IMO.

Marvel isn't doing much with those Malibu characters
    They'd have to pay royalties to the creators of the characters from what I've heared. So even with the power of The Mouse behind them they are too cheap for that.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

You can't compare it to the Malibu characters since

1) Marvel really just wanted their coloring department

And

2) Those characters are owned by several different people with weird contracts

BANNED

Greg Land is killing it on the Mighty Avengers art front. :gasp!:

Extraordinary Member

And

I thought it was that the creative team for each character gets a check every time that character is used, no, ifs ands or buts.

So Marvel can't use Prime without the writer, penciler and inker all getting a check but according to Quesada, there are other issues on top of that as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't think so even though he does look very similar. But if anything it'll help generate interest in BM. I like how this looks BTW Im gonna pick this up.
    Doeant it bother any1 y dey aint using ICON instead...y 2 blak supamen? y wudnt Val-zod b Asian, Native American or Arab? y d blu & silva color skeme soooo similar 2 BM?

I don't think so. This is Grant Morrison's thing much like Infinite Crisis. If anything it'll make some fans wonder about Icon.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-21-2014 at 07:51 AM.

BANNED

I think they are happy because of the check they are getting; DC might be paying them big bucks for those licenses.
    If dat true...& 4 d luv of d loas we/SZ hope its nt....den dat is an incredibly terrible luk on d Milestone cre8rs & an insult 2 their xcters/property.

Basically dey wud b hpy getting cash while letting their xcters rot in limbo assuming wat u a saying is tru.

BANNED

And

True!

If Marvl did get d license 2 use Milestone xcters AND actually publish dem under gd creatv insyt, supprt & mrkting & if it proves succesful DC wud luk lyk SUPA-FOOLS OF D CENTURY. LOL!!!

PREACH!

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Derek Dingle and Dwayne McDuffie were the owners of Milestone at the time of McDuffie's death. Now I assume it's Dingle and McDuffie's widow. Honestly anything Davis says is just his opinion and has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's like when Stan Lee has said that marvel Studios is working on a Black Panther movie. Stan Lee co-created BP, but he doesn't work for marvel Studios. His knowledge on the situation is probably greater than ours but he's not Kevin Fiege and has no actual say in the situation.
    Gvn hw much prominence vibranium is going 2 hv in A2:AoU & sum of d production dat was done SA & d massive specul8n frm movie-'experts' abt d BP appearance of sum sort, Lee myt probably b ryt.

So dat myt nt b d best example.

Davies apparently has 'inside' knwledge about d Milestone/DC thingy but with his crazy edginess its very easy 2 ignore wat he says.

This is probably close to the truth, IMO.
    Agrd!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Greg Land is killing it on the Mighty Avengers art front. :gasp!:

Land's cvrs r superb & yes his art in MA is gr8.

BANNED

i don't think this is his. this is an entirely different character that is forced to take up the mantle, because the current superman is massacring folks in the name of darksied. despite the cover, he's a young adult who is a pacifist at heart and just getting his power since he was locked away in isolation since for decades (?)

BANNED

#team Jamal

I don't see nothing wrong with it. Would I love to see new Milestone books? You betcha. But not if they are gonna be produced just for the sake of being produced.

True! Land's cvrs r superb & yes his art in MA is gr8.
    Greg Land haters make no sense. I mean if comics kicked out every artists that used reference material--there wouldnt be any artist. No artist knows how to draw everything.

BANNED

I think folks is giving DC too much credit in being smart enough to sit on a license when they can't even figure out how to keep a non Supes or Bat title going