Page 52 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556621021525521052 ... LastLast

To me, Land hate makes absolute sense. There's no way you can look at J.H. Williams III, Shalvey, or other great artists work, and then say Land is in the same league. He isn't anywhere close to that.

However, he is serviceable for Mighty Avengers. Doing well enough not to interfere with Ewing's story. So for now, unlike other runs, I'm fine with Land being around as long as he provides extra sales for MA.

Also

DC is close to getting 52 cancellations post New 52

"DC couldn’t find an audience for these books. That may be because that audience couldn’t find these books, rather than because the audience isn’t there. DC’s monolithic house style and devotion to event-driven storytelling do not create an inviting environment for new or diverse readers. That would be fine if DC’s old familiar readers could support a 52-title line (or something close to 52 titles), but the rate of cancellations suggests this isn’t the case. DC’s core audience can’t support such a sprawling line, but DC’s editorial approach can’t reach a wider audience."
    DC needs fresh blood. They have enough fanboys turn pros. IMO, that's what hindered the relaunch, too many guys on top thinking of the same old stuff because that's what they were raised by/built their whole career on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Also

DC needs fresh blood. They have enough fanboys turn pros. IMO, that's what hindered the relaunch, too many guys on top thinking of the same old stuff because that's what they were raised by/built their whole career on.
    DC's new 52 failed because they didn't ignore the fans clamoring for the return to the status quo.

if you are gonna launch something new..don't look back.

They should copy Image..present new stories..and whatnot and let the readers deal with it. If they don't like it--whatever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Also

But stuff like Man of War, Demon Knights and Frankenstein, Agent of Shade got cancelled also.

What keeps tripping folks up is the fact that retailers are the real customers and retailer weren't feeling that stuff.

You can't tell a retailer to take a chance on stuff like Green Team and The Movement when that dude knows that he's gonna ave to put half his order in the dollar bin.

Now maybe DC could have made headway with its digital policy of discounting the books
    a dollar a month after release, but the retailers complained about being undercut too.

As long as retailer main customers are 20-40 year olds who what the characters they like to never change
    from when they started reading, fresh and new is not going be something a retailer is gonna have any interest in.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-21-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    One of the few times she has acted she played..............Nina Simone.
    in what movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    But stuff like Man of War, Demon Knights and Frankenstein, Agent of Shade got cancelled also.

What keeps tripping folks up is the fact that retailers are the real customers and retailer weren't feeling that stuff.

You can't tell a retailer to take a chance on stuff like Green Team and The Movement when that dude knows that he's gonna ave to put half his order in the dollar bin.

Now maybe DC could have made headway with its digital policy of discounting the books
    a dollar a month after release, but the retailers complained about being undercut too.

As long as retailer main customers are 20-40 year olds who what the characters they like to never change
    from when they started reading, fresh and new is not going be something a retailer is gonna have any interest in.
    I'm a digital reader. Have been since before Marvel and DC went digital, so my standpoint retailers have been rather consist.

Risky but consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    in what movie?
    TV Show: American Dreams.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    TV Show: American Dreams.
    Your avatar is GOD. Bow to the almighty avatar..

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    shots fired

Quesada vs goyer

BANNED

And thanks for making it so easy for me to never spend a penny on anything with your name attached Goyer

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    And thanks for making it so easy for me to never spend a penny on anything with your name attached Goyer
    No problem I aim to please. lol

I saw that. I'm more upset about what he said about Martian Manhunter. J'onn does use his powers in addition to his detective skills. I also don't see the problem with his name either. I mean god forbid a superhero movie have any joy in it. Not everything has to be nolan-esque. I can relate to j'onn. He's not a showoff like a lot of other heroes are, even though he's powerful enough to be a showoff, he'll beat the bad guy, go home and eat some cookies, with strawberry milk, because he's got a refined pallate.

Also, what a way to insult the fanbase. Having or not having sex doesn't make you more or less of a person.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-21-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Anybody post that comics alliance article about Nu 52?

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-comics-...ckback=tsmclip

Ive been saying too that they need to embrace the episodic model more explicitly instead of having people believe that the titles will "go on forever". I would think a person would stay on if they knew there was a finite ending.

BANNED

I don't know how to respond to this
    Attachment 2413