Page 551 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154754854955055155255355455556160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 35047
    BANNED

Saw Selma this weekend. Amazing film. Powerful visuals and story. Amazing actors. Best of all no white savior complex.

I got choked up a bit just thinking that people are still struggling with the same demons.

Some of my best cousins are white.

This article sums up why I only have like 150 friends on Facebook and regularly do "Spring Cleaning". I don't have time to educate everyone I've met since 2005.

"Just found a new app that tells you which one of your friends are racist. It's called Facebook." <- This is one of the realist biting jokes I've seen in a while.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Some of my best cousins are white.

This article sums up why I only have like 150 friends on Facebook and regularly do "Spring Cleaning". I don't have time to educate everyone I've met since 2005.

"Just found a new app that tells you which one of your friends are racist. It's called Facebook." <- This is one of the realist biting jokes I've seen in a while.
    thanks.

that article links to White Fragility, which is worth reading. i was planning on linking that a week ago, but got caught up in other things and forgot

Extraordinary Member

I've been on Facebook barely a year and have learned/noticed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I've been on Facebook barely a year and have learned/noticed this.
    Throw in some memes, people sharing too much, game invites, lame inspirational quotes, and bad photoshop and that's facebook in a nutshell.

I don't hate facebook as much as I hate linkedin. I really hate linkedin.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Man that's a true statement. As the saying goes "it's always the quiet ones" too but I've been connected to people and their stuff starts showing up and I'm like "whoa, no" I remember who's who and am glad you can unsubscribe from people if you think un-friending could be awkward at work.

The article was pretty good, I was glad to see there was at least some sort of understanding from his cousin. She's young and had I been seeing mature conversations at 20 I probably would have said something stupid. I'd like to think I've grown up since then. Hopefully this is just the first step for her.

I downloaded the White Fragility essay which looks interesting.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    http://blackfolksmakingcomics.tumblr...otes-container

So Black Dynamite was really axed. What's wrong Cartoon Network too many females watched it?
    :-(

Should've known better.

At least Vixen is getting her own cartoon. That's a start.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Throw in some memes, people sharing too much, game invites, lame inspirational quotes, and bad photoshop and that's facebook in a nutshell.

I don't hate facebook as much as I hate linkedin. I really hate linkedin.
    Really.

I'd of thought the "Perersonalty Laden" over sharing would be at a minimum over there given that it's supposedtob just about business contacts.

BANNED

Really.

I'd of thought the "Perersonalty Laden" over sharing would be at a minimum over there given that it's supposedtob just about business contacts.
    Nope it's basically "business profile meets Facebook"

I've had more people from high school I'm avoiding find me on linked in then on facebook

Really.

What Smoov-e said. Everyone sells themselves really hard, joining groups, posting articles, asking for connections and endorsements. It's Facebook in a business suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    What Smoov-e said. Everyone sells themselves really hard, joining groups, posting articles, asking for connections and endorsements. It's Facebook in a business suit.
    Yep. Frankly, I don't know anyone who got their job off linkedin, though it makes finding a resume easier.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    :-(

Should've known better.

At least Vixen is getting her own cartoon. That's a start.
    It seems to be a 6 part series but she is still the first black female (between the big two) to get a solo animated series.

FYI for those browsing the DC Minority thread-I post a few advantages Dc had over Marvel and vice verse. When you look at the little things Marvel (at least 1970 to now) has done a bit more than DC. However tv wise Dc has done more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Yep. Frankly, I don't know anyone who got their job off linkedin, though it makes finding a resume easier.
    This is pretty interesting to me.

I didn't know any of this.

I'm not much of a social media person, as I mentioned before.

I think I shed a happy tear reading this week's Avengers. Oh Hickman, way to live up to a promise.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I think I shed a happy tear reading this week's Avengers. Oh Hickman, way to live up to a promise.
    Omg I can't get to the shop..
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator