Page 554 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 5445450454455055155255355455555655755856460465410541554 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I'd say black lead titles don't get that but I've been told more then once she's not black because she's bigger then black she's a mutant
    LMAO, and those people don't understand how unappealing and exclusionary that phrase is.

You're right though; they normally don't get that chance. Usually because the team in question is like the only team that actually wants to use the character. (Because they don't hire enough diverse creatives)

Then again, it could be worse. Look at Wonder Woman and Batwoman.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    LMAO, and those people don't understand how unappealing and exclusionary that phrase is.

You're right though; they normally don't get that chance. Usually because the team in question is like the only team that actually wants to use the character. (Because they don't hire enough diverse creatives)

Indeed or in the case of Static it was planned to be canceled before the new team was announced and publicly canned before the new team( or again in this case only new writer )'s first issue comes out

Batwoman seems to be one of those titles to just keep around for lip service aka the token comic

Batwoman's cancellation has already been announced.

Frankly, it's a mercy killing at this point.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Why Anthony Piper do this for??! LOL

The Evil Within. Worth getting or not?

I'm debating that vs. Bayonetta 2.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-15-2015 at 12:20 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Bayonetta 2. The gameplay is incredible. The cheesecake will make you groan. I love a game with highs and lows like that.

Is it bad if I have difficulty viewing Storm as a black woman because X-comics have spent 30 years teaching me that her race is utterly irrelevant to her character, and that it's only brought up when her fans want to prove that the X-men aren't problematic?

Because I kind of give Storm the same sideways eyes that I do Pharrell. "It's a mutant thing. We're post-race. not New black, new species."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Bayonetta 2. The gameplay is incredible. The cheesecake will make you groan. I love a game with highs and lows like that.

Is it bad if I have difficulty viewing Storm as a black woman because X-comics have spent 30 years teaching me that her race is utterly irrelevant to her character, and that it's only brought up when her fans want to prove that the X-men aren't problematic?

Because I kind of give Storm the same sideways eyes that I do Pharrell. "It's a mutant thing. We're post-race. not New black, new species."
    I dunno, there's her appearances under Priest, Mcduffie, and teh ebul Hudlin. 'Course how the Net felt about them is a different story. Ah well, I can't abandon Storm because she and Bishop were the first black superheroes I saw growing up. Even if I feel that her title is a disappointment and just more of the same nonsense her character has been mired in since the craptacular waste of trees that was Avengers vs. X-Men, a story no one needed to read. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

It's self serving color blind nincompoopery.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

Well you should read Pak's Storm series. He's done a good job of acknowledging every aspect of Storm's identity.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Well you should read Pak's Storm series. He's done a good job of acknowledging every aspect of Storm's identity.
    I don't know if I want to read another comic about a woman written by a dude. I checked out a couple of Birds of Prey Trades from my local library, and I'm all caught up on Miss Marvel and Captain Marvel. Ostensibly this was to show my niece that superhero comics can be for girls too, but I ended up reading and enjoying them myself. Far more than she did, because she's a witless child, and I'm an awesome adult, now stop reading over my shoulder you little brat.

Anyway, yeah I'd be much more interested in Storm if it was being written by a woman.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post

Bayonetta 2....one of the few games that not only lives up to the hype but exceeds it. One of the best games of the year

So a new game was announced yesterday that will have a black playable character but nothing is really known about it yet. Its a free to play title from Bandai Namco and has 4 players ( one of whom looks like Kos-Mos from xenosaga) and will involve avoiding and disarming traps, attacking enemies and collecting treasure. Its just being called project treasure and no footage was shown, just artwork showing the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post

Bayonetta 2, only game worth playing on that system

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Why Anthony Piper do this for??! LOL

Because it's the animated movie/short film the world needs

So I finished reading Worst, the best delinquent manga, and the newest student at Suzuran All Boy's High School is an American named Tyrone.

People from out of town are always beasts in this series. Guriko from Kyushu, wherever Bouya Harumichi was from, and country ass "I fight wild boars barehanded" Hana Tsukishima.

Suck you don't get to see dude fight the newest boss of the school
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie