Page 56 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I keep forgetting that Johns used to write for marvel. I'm too used to him being the face of DC.
    Red Zone was one of my favorite modern Avengers stories. And you can't beat that ending!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post

And once again, this is another moment of, "why wasn't there anyone in the room thinking, 'hey, maybe this doesn't work/is kinda racist'"?
    They do that because it attracts attention. He represent the images that some feel comfortable with as does Cyborg & Wally West. The angry black guy, the lonely/depressed black kid & the troubled black kid.

Remember which set of black characters always endured the wrath of fans? Black Panther, Static, Jon Stewart, Blue Marvel & Miles.

One thing we fail to notice is our ratchetness sales. Especially to folks who don't see the other side.

So what came in the mail today?

This did!

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I considered even making a thread specifically to discuss it......but then I came to my senses lol
    It would be painful, but useful - especially given the % of young Americans who think that if one pretends that race doesn't exist the problems vanish.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Red zone right? I think I remember that, but I wish it was in a more grandiose way

Talking like Stark buys a jet, Tchalla buys a fleet

Just cause
    More like T'Challa's Wakanda actually building their own fleets based upon their own specs and utilizing their own technology as opposed on relying on others.

Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 05-23-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Anyone else catch the series premiere of Gang Related?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Yeah I watched it, I thought it was an interesting premise. This guy playing both sides to the middle, I thought the direction could've been a little better. They went for some humor moments that work better in movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I keep forgetting that Johns used to write for marvel. I'm too used to him being the face of DC.
    same

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah I watched it, I thought it was an interesting premise. This guy playing both sides to the middle, I thought the direction could've been a little better. They went for some humor moments that work better in movies.
    yeah its was decent, worth coming back for. Humor needs work though.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    We/SZ gat ur bak bruh!
    Thank you Silver Zeal Crew!!!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    RZA was kind of funny though. I thought some of the acting during the flashbacks at the beginning could have been better. I agree the premise is interesting. I thought the action was pretty good too.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Extraordinary Member

RZA was kind of funny though. I thought some of the acting during the flashbacks at the beginning could have been better. I agree the premise is interesting. I thought the action was pretty good too.
    Yeah RZA has improved a lot, I thought the Asian guy was the best of the cast and yeah the action was really good. It got me interested to see more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    same

yeah its was decent, worth coming back for. Humor needs work though.
    The part where the female cop was tazing the guy's sack could have been funny but there was no build up. It just came across as like damn she's mean, he said he was going to tell and she's all like "Okay but I'm not done torturing you yet." WTF? Then again thinking back now, it is kind of funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    So what came in the mail today?

This did!

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

i watched it a week ago. wasn't impressed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    I was just coming in here to bring this up...i'm still reading it in bits and pieces myselfs but plan on reading the full thing when i get home.

I considered even making a thread specifically to discuss it......but then I came to my senses lol
    lol, it wouldn't have lasted long, even if it didn't heated