Page 9 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Agreed I like Pak but it would be nice to see a black woman do it.

BANNED

Afua Richardson on STORM.

OMG! masterpiece---

I hope she is at least hired to do a few covers.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Congrats man! I hope everything works out for you.
    Thanks!
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Congrats and good luck boney!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Shadowman and Bloodshot from Valiant as well
    Those two kind of get asterisks, though. Like, I realize that Shadowman in the new books is mixed race, and that mixed race people can look like a lot of different things, but Zircher drew him looking a lot like just a white guy. He could just be the original Jack Boniface with a haircut.

Same thing with Bloodshot. If you didn't read the zero issue, you'd have no idea he was black. He still looks exactly like he did when he was Angelo Mortalli. And who the meat Bloodshot was hasn't come up again since that zero issue. Similarly, every once in a while, they bring up that Armstrong is... what, Mesopotamian? But you couldn't really tell from the art.

All good books. Well, Shadowman finally got better once Milligan started writing it, the first bunch of issues were mostly just good because I'll read anything Zircher works on, but the writing was scattershot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Agreed I like Pak but it would be nice to see a black woman do it.
    On the other hand, that's what drove Priest out of the business. Not that Priest is a woman, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Those two kind of get asterisks, though. Like, I realize that Shadowman in the new books is mixed race, and that mixed race people can look like a lot of different things, but Zircher drew him looking a lot like just a white guy. He could just be the original Jack Boniface with a haircut.

Same thing with Bloodshot. If you didn't read the zero issue, you'd have no idea he was black. He still looks exactly like he did when he was Angelo Mortalli. And who the meat Bloodshot was hasn't come up again since that zero issue. Similarly, every once in a while, they bring up that Armstrong is... what, Mesopotamian? But you couldn't really tell from the art.

All good books. Well, Shadowman finally got better once Milligan started writing it, the first bunch of issues were mostly just good because I'll read anything Zircher works on, but the writing was scattershot.
    Both valid points, though I have been enjoying the books and came on shadowman when Milligan got on

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Both valid points, though I have been enjoying the books and came on shadowman when Milligan got on
    Oh, totally. The quality of the books have nothing to do with what the background of the characters are. I was just pointing out that the diversity in the Valiant books was... a little weird. There, but slightly askew. For that matter, you want a real dick move? Now Shadowman's dad is spoilers:
    an absentee father instead of dead. Which honestly, would completely fit the storyline if her were white too, but he happens to be black, and let's have fun with the stereotypes here.
    end of spoilers

Course, there's always Quantum and Woody. And eventually, Priest and Bright's return to Quantum and Woody. And please, please, please let that not be Dark Knight Strikes Again. That is literally what Priest's return to the book is for me, in terms of expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Oh, totally. The quality of the books have nothing to do with what the background of the characters are. I was just pointing out that the diversity in the Valiant books was... a little weird. There, but slightly askew. For that matter, you want a real dick move? Now Shadowman's dad is spoilers:
    an absentee father instead of dead. Which honestly, would completely fit the storyline if her were white too, but he happens to be black, and let's have fun with the stereotypes here.
    end of spoilers

Course, there's always Quantum and Woody. And eventually, Priest and Bright's return to Quantum and Woody. And please, please, please let that not be Dark Knight Strikes Again. That is literally what Priest's return to the book is for me, in terms of expectations.
    Yea a that kinda made me do a double take, like "c'mon guys REALLY now?"

I'm a bit more optimistic for Priest's return to Quantum and Woody, but that's an interesting bad to have for this. Then again my optimism is probably from being a dragon ball fan and being used to an author not really remembering stuff about his own material. How'd you feel about the change with them actually being brothers?

She made the Punisher movie I always wanted. She has my respect for that.

reposting this here:

Robotman just posted this in another thread. It's pretty relevant so I figured I'd post it here as well

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Here's a pretty good article about women and minorities in comics. The author talks about how much she and her young daughter enjoyed seeing Cyborg featured in the free comic book included with some General Mills cereals.

http://lamonthela*****************/2...hy-it-matters/

http://lamonthela*****************/2...hy-it-matters/

CYBORG & WONDER WOMAN ARE ON A CEREAL BOX: WHY IT MATTERS

you can click here to go to the blog or just google: cyborg-wonder-woman-are-on-a-cereal-box-why-it-matters/ it should be the first link to pop up

I thought this was well written. It really addresses the comic industry as a whole not just Wonder Woman and Cyborg.
    The J-man

BANNED

wordpress. com is apparently on a ban/censored(?) list
    Last edited by 7thangel; 05-02-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

^^Been passing these out the last few days. Hit up many of the local barbershops. Gonna hit up the movie theatres tonight.

Guess I'll see tomorrow if anyone took the bait, heh heh.
    How can I order this?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Cant post vids

How would you guys feel about a Black Panther/Namor team up similar to Flags of Our Fathers? Azzari the Wise and Namor.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum