Page 91 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 35047

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well folks, Le Citron Noir stikes again. Seriously, why doesn't he just cut out the middle man and go to fox news already? All his respectability politics nonsense is right up their alley.
    i also saw him yesterday joining in his idiocity with Morgan "professinal magic negro" Freeman saying that race plays no part in income inequality because he and Lemon are well off.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Val just grew muscles out of nowhere lol
    Well he's finally getting some sun.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Well he's finally getting some sun.
    That Kryptonian weight training program is no joke.

Earth 2 started off really slow but damn has it been good the past 5 or 6 issues.
    All that sun got him super swoll

lol at Le Citron Noir
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Man, can we trade Don Lemon and pick up Tim Wise instead.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

le sigh, morgan freeman. still driving miss daisy

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    All that sun got him super swoll

lol at Le Citron Noir
    I can't help but notice the fact that while val does looks stronger, he also looks terrified. I think this might be his first big fight, and against an evil superman, I'd be scared too.

I know right, the two weeks of french on duolingo is paying off, I also did three years in high school but I forgot most of it.

BANNED

Earth 2 started off really slow but damn has it been good the past 5 or 6 issues.
    Sunlight gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    le sigh, morgan freeman. still driving miss daisy
    I hate that movie SOOO much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Wut?

Puerto Ricans and Domincans proudly accepting their Black African roots?

Since when?

Its always looked to me like (with a few notable exceptions) for Hispanics, the lighter you were the better.
    Like Rosario Dawson dark but no darker (and 20 years ago they would have had a problem with her).

The kids today are way less likely to buy into thier elder line of B.S. these days, especially if they tend to be on the darker side of the equasion themselves.

But New York Hispanic culture is pretty darn colorist, even 2 or 3 generations in.
    I'm gonna co-sign this. As a New York Afro-Cuban/Puerto Rican my people's are definitely confused. My pop comes from the Africans that fused African culture with the dominate Latin culture and his experiences with more Spanish (European) Latino is the same as what American blacks have faced with American whites. Even a couple generations in they still denying their roots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Man, can we trade Don Lemon and pick up Tim Wise instead.
    Tim Wise been on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I can't help but notice the fact that while val does looks stronger, he also looks terrified. I think this might be his first big fight, and against an evil superman, I'd be scared too.

I know right, the two weeks of french on duolingo is paying off, I also did three years in high school but I forgot most of it.
    Co-sign to the fullest, and good luck to Val-Zod.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Hundreds upon hundreds of years have been spent equating blackness to every negative thing possible. That's why so many of us speak about the need to not concern ourselves with the white gaze.

BANNED

http://iacknowledge.net/video-game-w...in-easter-egg/

Video Game ‘Watch Dogs’ Features Dead Trayvon Martin ‘Easter Egg’

A much anticipated video game called Watch Dogs was released recently and may have made a shockingly distasteful hidden joke at Trayvon Martin’s expense.

The game follows a protagonist as he takes down a corrupt city by hacking into various governmental computer networks. It also allows the player to hack personal information from everyday people on the streets, getting insights into their lives, their habits, and their bank accounts. Most of these people have been randomly generated. The game just arbitrary assigns values to any given person. But not all. Some – and the game creators have been upfront about this – have been intentionally placed in the game by the developers for the players to find.

Most of these “Easter eggs” are cameos or funny pop culture references. Wandering the streets of fictional Chicago is a man who looks and behaves a lot like Breaking Bad’s Walter White, for example. There are also a few celebrities such as actress and Archer alum, Aisha Tyler.

But then there is this:

In early 2012, the 17-year-old Martin was returning to his father’s house after picking up some snacks at a convenience store when George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch and wannabe hero, mistook him for a troublemaker who prowling the neighborhood. Despite police warnings for Zimmerman to stay away, the two began to fight and Zimmerman shot Martin at close range, killing him. He was later found not guilty, but questions and feelings of injustice still remain for many.

The hooded sweatshirt – what Martin was wearing at the time of his death – became a symbol of solidarity with Martin, a statement that what a black teenager wears or how he appears doesn’t give someone the right to shoot him.

In the game, twitter user @crushingbort came across this guy while on a “criminal convoy mission.” A young, black, hooded sweatshirt-wearing man can be found lying dead on the ground. His name “Kavon Fortin” is disturbingly close to “Trayvon Martin.” The new name is about as clever as pig latin, simply keeping the last three letters of both his first and last name and changing the beginnings. Even his position in death evokes the grisly crime scenes that we saw in the Martin case.

What’s more disturbing is how the game labels his occupation as “dealer,” which plays right into the narrative that many Zimmerman defenders put forward after the murder. In their minds, Martin wasn’t innocent, he was a “thug” who used drugs and broke the law. Many, especially on the far-right, pushed the idea that Martin was a gang member and sold drugs.

So far the developers have remained silent on whether this was indeed an intentional reference placed in the game or if it was just a remarkable coincidence. It seems highly improbable that all of these features could come together and so strikingly resemble the actual Trayvon Martin, but we just don’t know.

We’ll update as more information becomes available.