Page 952 of 2337 FirstFirst ... 4528529029429489499509519529539549559569621002105214521952 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 35047
    BANNED

I got all 4 Finn figures

A winner is me

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    They may not like Cho as Hulk, but #AshleyDoes!

(I know it hurts! x5)

I'll give it a try. The creative team sounds solid on this as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

(I know it hurts! x5)
    Somebody is going to have to explain AshleyDoes to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wow, that cover is beautiful. I'll pick it up and give it a try. The fact that this was placed by the huffington post means at least it's getting some good press.
    the artwork is from Ashley A Woods
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/...marvel-comics/
    http://www.afropunk.com/profiles/blo...ource=activity

BANNED

(I know it hurts! x5)
    yes, she does, lol

Ultimate Member

http://theblerdgurl.tumblr.com/post/...ersity-and-why

Q1. In light of the current issues with “the big 2” and PoC right now, what are some of the issues that you feel are being overlooked or overshadowed?

Online harassment and victimization - This affects every one of us. I think the industry powers need to join forces and take the problem head on. Come up with a unified protocol for their companies’ online presence, work with the various journalism websites, talk with their creators and staff, and establish the posture that will act as the line against the trolls and the bastards.

Basically, the Prime Directive for the G-7 Nations of the comic book industry.

Financial intelligence and retirement programs - What the comic book companies can do, in terms of creating programs akin to a 401K or IRA, to help prevent any more stories like Robert Washington the Third, who was practically penniless when he died while Milestone’s Static was being printed and reprinted by DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yeah what is that?

Why Cary Fukunaga bailed on directing a remake on Stephen King's "It"

http://www.themarysue.com/inoffensive-it/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why Cary Fukunaga bailed on directing a remake on Stephen King's "It"

http://www.themarysue.com/inoffensive-it/

It's scary to think of what he wanted to keep in from the book which has a looooooooooooot of offensive stuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah what is that?
    i posted a link the other day

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i didn't think this would still be going, but #AshleyDoes
    but in a nutshell, this racist ex- prison guard (?) put up a video threatening to shoot/kill/whatever 'these black lives matter' people the other day. this coincided with a black guy getting arrested for tweeting 'kill all white people'. as folks saw the double standard, someone posted clips from 2014 where this black dude was confronting this white supremacist a-hole telling him, he wasn't the one to **** with (i think it was a counter protest or something). if you scroll down in that link, you'll see the other clip that spawned the hashtag #AshleyDoes

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i posted a link the other day

but in a nutshell, this racist ex- prison guard (?) put up a video threatening to shoot/kill/whatever 'these black lives matter' people the other day. this coincided with a black guy getting arrested for tweeting 'kill all white people'. as folks saw the double standard, someone posted clips from 2014 where this black dude was confronting this white supremacist a-hole telling him, he wasn't the one to **** with (i think it was a counter protest or something). if you scroll down in that link, you'll see the other clip that spawned the hashtag #AshleyDoes
    Okay, thanks.

BANNED

except for the tv series, i can't remember IT, but, yeah, as much as i like king, some of his repeated stereotypes are more than just tiresome. as the saying goes, some of your favorites are problematic.

Everytime a minority character becomes a legacy and adopts another identity some moron says "imagine if so and so were white, there would be outrage!" What exactly the **** do these guys think they are doing, acting calm and rationally?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision

http://io9.com/how-the-tv-show-of-oc...rue-1728791278

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Everytime a minority character becomes a legacy and adopts another identity some moron says "imagine if so and so were white, there would be outrage!" What exactly the **** do these guys think they are doing, acting calm and rationally?
    It's the publishing companies you really have to worry about more than the haters. While Marvel is better with their legacy characters than DC, Cho will only remain safe as long people interested in pushing him remain in charge. Lack of popularity isn't the only thing that can kill a book. I'm not exactly an Amadeus Cho fan, but even I wouldn't want him to get the same treatment as Cass Cain, Jaime Reyes or Wally West.