Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

I agree completely with the original poster. And as a result, I just dropped both Earth 2 and World's End from my pull at my local comic shop this morning. I added a bunch of other titles (the Fade Out, the Kitchen, Supreme Blue Rose, and Unity) to my pull as replacements and will still come out ahead in terms of $$s, and have a bunch of much higher quality books to read.

I'm really fed up with both DC and Marvel ruining good books (like Earth 2) through bloated, mediocre events. As a result, I seem to be gradually moving away from the big 2 (except Vertigo) and towards Image, Valiant, Oni, and the other smaller publishers. I still love reading comics, but no longer have any interest in supporting companies whose motives don't seem to include providing me with a level of enjoyment approximating the cost of their books.

Eric

The quality of Earth 2 has dropped significantly since the new creative team took over. A real shame because Earth 2 was consistently one of the better books DC was producing every month. The weekly hasn't been very good either. It suffers from the same problem most weekly books usually have. The need to stretch the story out as much as possible to cover the entirety of the series. Plus the new Four Horsewomen have been really uninteresting and the designs are terrible. And the lame not-Grundy just showed up again. I really hope a more classic version of Grundy shows up on Prime Earth.

Always Rakzo

Is just terrible, a badly executed book from every front.

Anyone else think Mr Terrific is going to build something to merge earth 1 and 2? Or Brother Eye will do it?

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. It's interesting how disparate the opinions range on this series, but the consensus seems to be "not bad." I'll still give it a few more issues before pulling the plug, but I'm not exactly optimistic.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

My thoughts are this:I enjoy it, it isn't that great, it caused Earth 2 to go down in quality, but it's better than Futures End.

Earth 2 can't win. And if you think about the time line. This is all happening within a month. The siege that Green Lantern, Flash, and Doctor Fate did, with the whole Superman thing happening happened within the course of at least a day or two. Earth 2 is getting ravished with no break.

Mighty Member

I like it a lot. Introduces cool concepts and new characters.