Super Moderator

Default Marvel Announces Ant-Man Prose Novel "Natural Enemy"

Crime writer Jason Starr will pen the pint-sized hero's first foray into prose, which will star Scott Lang and his daughter Cassie.

Full article here.

Huh. So they are aging up Cassie in the past then.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Do wish they had made a novel with all the Ant Men and Wasp and not just Scott and Cassie. Hank Pym, Janet Van Dyne and Eric O'Grady deserve way more recognition. Maybe Bill Foster too.

Interesting that they're shifting to original novels with this and Avengers: Everyone Wants to Rule the World, though I know they're doing a Secret Wars Prose Novel based on the 1984 event too. I would assume given past waves that we have one more to hear about, probably won't hold my breath for it being a Fantastic Four one.

Is it weird that they go out of their way to specifically calling it a 'prose novel' or is it just me? I know this isn't the first marvel character/story to be adapted in a novel, so have they all been labeled prose novels?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Is it weird that they go out of their way to specifically calling it a 'prose novel' or is it just me? I know this isn't the first marvel character/story to be adapted in a novel, so have they all been labeled prose novels?
    I think they're always called Prose Novels far as I gather, hardcover first and then paperback a few months later. Graphic Audio have been adapting several into audio books too (along with a couple of the Pocket Novels).

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think they're always called Prose Novels far as I gather, hardcover first and then paperback a few months later. Graphic Audio have been adapting several into audio books too (along with a couple of the Pocket Novels).
    Plus, each one has the "A novel of the Marvel Universe" tag on the cover.

Thanks, for some reason it seemed weird to me with the repeated Prose.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Well, for once we have a prose novel with art and graphics which actually look professional. Makes for a change!
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Crime writer Jason Starr will pen the pint-sized hero's first foray into prose, which will star Scott Lang and his daughter Cassie.

Full article here.
    I like the sound of this. I enjoyed the She-Hulk novel a while back.

Does anyone know if it is the same publisher? or is Marvel publishing the book?
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

That looks nice. Is that cover image recycled from somewhere? It looks familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    I like the sound of this. I enjoyed the She-Hulk novel a while back.

Does anyone know if it is the same publisher? or is Marvel publishing the book?
    Pretty sure it's just Marvel publishing this one. Hyperion published the She-Hulk book.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That looks nice. Is that cover image recycled from somewhere? It looks familiar.
    It's from Original Sin.

Yeah the art on the Prose Novels is always taken from somewhere, usually the event in question if it's an adaption. They're edited stuff on in some cases though, like the New Avengers Breakout cover took some artwork from one of the New Avengers #1 variants, but added Hawkeye (as he and Black Widow are the focus of the story and replace Wolverine and Sentry) via some artwork from Avengers Disassembled.

In fact the only one I'm pretty certain had original artwork was the first book, Civil War.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Yeah the art on the Prose Novels is always taken from somewhere, usually the event in question if it's an adaption. They're edited stuff on in some cases though, like the New Avengers Breakout cover took some artwork from one of the New Avengers #1 variants, but added Hawkeye (as he and Black Widow are the focus of the story and replace Wolverine and Sentry) via some artwork from Avengers Disassembled.

In fact the only one I'm pretty certain had original artwork was the first book, Civil War.
    Don't be so sure. It's the Michael Turner variant cover to issue #1. If you look closely, you can see that Marvel were lazy enough not to edit Cap's shield and a bit of Wolverine is still poking out.

cw_turner.jpg
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Ah, so it was, my mistake. Even so it's usually good artwork so it makes sense to utilise it.