View Poll Results: Your opinion on Schism?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hate Schism and would like to see it end as soon as possible

60 75.00%
  • I don't hate Schism and wouldn't mind to see it continue

20 25.00%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, I suppose Storm complaining about Cyclops putting children's in harm's way would've made for a funnier read.

http://i.imgur.com/yBC71pC.jpg
    LOL

*hides behind Oya*

"This girl is under my protection !"

I love her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quillero View Post
    It was fun at first but overstayed its welcome. Time for those incompetent whiners at Westchester to come crawling back.
    I don't really understand why people love Scott this much.Wolverine and JGS had more adventures then Scott.Wolverines X-force dealt with Akkaba and Apocalypse also Archangel, they dealt with Hellfire club, JGs was constantly under attack and they survived and accomplished more then Uncanny X-men.But right now both sides are on the same page so I think the problem between them is JGS sides unwillingness of forgiving Scott while they forgave Jean, W olverine and many other X-men for far worse.Logan killed Nortstar while under control and they are total besties right now, Logan and his X-force killed a child Apoc(It was Fantomex but nevertheles) they absolved themselves in a way by raising Evan, Archangel levelled a city to the ground, Betsy killed his own brother but they all got a pass.I think the reason Scott is mad is just because of others not forgiving him or rarther they don't want to recognize Scott wasn't the one who did all those things.

BANNED

Well, I suppose Storm complaining about Cyclops putting children's in harm's way would've made for a funnier read.

Those are rare stuff that you can provide but for the most of Storm's life , she was written to be more compassionate and concerned, especially compared to Wolverine and Cyclops.

I only said Storm and Cyclops would have been better than Cyclops and Wolverine because we've seen clearer difference between Storm and Cyclops leadership.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I love how Storm's shoving the girl she's supposed to be "protecting" in front of her.

Anyway, I've said before and I'll say it again the biggest difference between Cyclops and Storm is Storm is an ideal "peacetime" leader, while Cyclops is an ideal "field general." I'm not saying Storm can't get her hands dirty and open up a can when needed, because she DEFINITELY can, but aside from her initial punk rock phase, during which she was kind of scary, she's always been really good at nurturing and teaching. Scott ... not so much. He's the Teddy Roosevelt figure, leading the charge into the very thick of battle and unloading wholesale cans of whupping upon the vile masses. In a classroom environment he's rather uncomfortable.

Bottom line: with Wolverine gone, Storm and Kurt should be running the school. Hank should join the Avengers full-time (I've been saying this forever), and frankly he should take Bobby with him. Cyclops should take a two-week vacation someplace nice and quiet with Emma to reevaluate things and cool off, and then start working with Maria Hill to build a working relationship between his team and S.H.I.E.L.D. They don't have to like each other, and the X-Men certainly won't work FOR S.H.I.E.L.D., but they need to work out an understanding, and frankly, I think they've made some progress to that end, Matthew Malloy notwithstanding. And I think the two primary factors of Scott calming down a bit and the two most incendiary "ARRClopsers" leaving to join the Avengers would go a long way toward mending the Schism.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drauglin View Post
    I don't really understand why people love Scott this much.Wolverine and JGS had more adventures then Scott.Wolverines X-force dealt with Akkaba and Apocalypse also Archangel, they dealt with Hellfire club, JGs was constantly under attack and they survived and accomplished more then Uncanny X-men.But right now both sides are on the same page so I think the problem between them is JGS sides unwillingness of forgiving Scott while they forgave Jean, W olverine and many other X-men for far worse.Logan killed Nortstar while under control and they are total besties right now, Logan and his X-force killed a child Apoc(It was Fantomex but nevertheles) they absolved themselves in a way by raising Evan, Archangel levelled a city to the ground, Betsy killed his own brother but they all got a pass.I think the reason Scott is mad is just because of others not forgiving him or rarther they don't want to recognize Scott wasn't the one who did all those things.
    1. scott is not mad, he has repeatedly given the JGS his wish. the FANS are mad.

personaly, i am mad at any hero not being anti-US government in the marvel universe.

the marvel universe US government (well, the majority) have repeatedly proven to mutants that they're openly evil. absolute, to the bone evil, power hungry racist bigots.

anyyone that doesnt rebel against them (including superheroes) is complicit to their crimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I felt it was a good idea on paper that was badly executed.

Wolverine shouldn't have been the one to oppose Cyclops, the JGS needed a stronger mission statement and purpose.
    Agree with you. I like having the two schools and the two groups but the split should have been built on something that arose more organically and felt more in character and didn't feel as if it was knitted out of ideological oatmeal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I agree that it should have been Storm vs. Cyclops. She's more of an idealist than Logan, and furthermore, Wolverine has NEVER been portrayed as the petty, vindictive little troll he's been since "Schism." Could I see him siding with Storm over Cyclops? Yes. Could I see him throwing an "ARRClops!" fit? No, although that's what we've been subjected to.

If it had been Storm vs. Cyclops, it would have been a more amicable split, too. A schism, yes, but not "ARRClops!" They would have worked together to annihilate the Sentinels attacking Utopia, discussed their viewpoints over coffee and then parted ways. "AvX" would not have happened because Cap would have gone to Storm, who would have reluctantly set up a conference with Cyclops and they would have strategized together.

I suppose it all would have been very boring ... characters acting like adults and such ... but it would have been a better story than what we got. Eh, at least Cyclops has a sweet new costume.
    I wish they'd gone your route. I much prefer it.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

That scene was pure Storm.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LOL

*hides behind Oya*

"This girl is under my protection !"

I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I love how Storm's shoving the girl she's supposed to be "protecting" in front of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    That scene was pure Storm.
    It's really too bad the original scene wasn't played for the laughs. It would've made for a great running gag if Idie kept getting panic attacks whenever Storm approached her. Well, whenever Storm would approach any of the children, really.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-19-2014 at 07:01 PM.