View Poll Results: Your opinion on Schism?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hate Schism and would like to see it end as soon as possible

60 75.00%
  • I don't hate Schism and wouldn't mind to see it continue

20 25.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    the x-men are still endangering the children, read the latest deadpool.

storm has always supported endangering the children iirc. she tried to pit wolfsbane against the morlocks on their first meet.

That panel brightened my day. "Darn it, Storm! They're just kids! Quit trying to make them beat up the Morlocks for you!"
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I'm fine with it. kids shouldn't be fighting. I'm glad the x men are no longer endangering children and I'm glad I don't have to read about Hellion going on "missions", or indeed about Hellion full stop.
    Storm sent her kids against OnslaughtSkull. The whole premise is/was silly.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Incredible Member

I'm going to concur with area others here. Schism was not a bad story idea in and of itself. How it was handled though came off forced and petty. Instead of a deep ethical or ideological debate splitting teams, it basically degenerated into both sides acting like immature jerks. A this point it just drags on uncomfortably, with no apparent idea the mission of any of he splintered teams, beyond just reacting to stuff. Even Cyclops with his 'Revolution' seems to have no actual plan in mind.The JGS mean while was supposed to be about keeping kids ou of war. Meanwhile they putting them through intense combat training to pretty much assure their futures. The O5.... No idea. Basically they are a fly in the ointment, but they get a lot of readers... For whatever reason. I think because some people jus like to pretend they can set back the clock on what crap this has all become. Sorry. Time travel's not real.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post

Ideologically the perfect split would have been Cyclops, Wolverine, Cable, Storm VS Xavier, Kitty, Emma and Kurt.
    Oh man could I get behind that split. The amount of depravity towards Kitty and Xavier in the forums would be legendary, but the story would be awesome.

emma would never support holding her students back from combat.

she knows humans are a vile menace and her hellions were slaughtered because she never taught them to defend themselves.

Poorly executed, poorly written. Still better then BOTA though. The worse the crossovers get the better previous crossovers seem.

BANNED

she knows humans are a vile menace and her hellions were slaughtered because she never taught them to defend themselves.
    Every time she teaches she loses students, I am wondering when the current UXM Students are going to get it. Suppose goldballs is up first for most likely to dead. Tempus is safe do to getting all the panel time and Triage is unkillable which might just be the best power for a Frost student.

I voted that I don't hate Schism because it's the closest to my viewpoint, but in reality I'm closer to an Option 3: I like Schism, but agree that it's time for a new status quo" (that being a return to a united X-Men, centered at the JGS).

I'm of the view that Cyclops should be reintegrated (perhaps something happens that provides even further clarity to the Xavier murder, possibly through Quire as the Phoenix, or through direct commentary from the spirit of Xavier from Heaven). And that the following books should exist:

1- Uncanny X-Men (main team of X-Men, with elements from Cyclops's current team and the Amazing X-Men team)
    2- X-Men (keep it as the all-female team, maybe add Magik to it, but keep Emma separate)
    3- All-New X-Men (I'm still digging this, and I see no need for it to stop after the reintegration O5 + Kitty)
    4- New X-Men (focuses on the JGS students, specifically the ones that were the major focus of Wolverine and the X-Men)
    5- New Mutants (focuses on Cyclops's students, maybe with Emma as their main prof)
    6- X-Force Legacy (Cable and a rotating cast of guest characters, mutant and otherwise, on darker stories)

And various solo series (Deadpool, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Storm; maybe still Cyclops, even though I'd like him back with ANXM, etc.)

You might be able to keep Amazing X-Men, as a low-continuity character piece (like Astonishing X-Men was). Alternatively, this might be replaced with a new volume of X-Men Legacy, rotating the central character every few issues to tell deeper stories with all of the lesser-featured faculty and students.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Every time she teaches she loses students, I am wondering when the current UXM Students are going to get it.
    she broke that curse with the new x-men...who mostly survived the experience.

BANNED

she broke that curse with the new x-men...who mostly survived the experience.
    How so? The school lost a bus and then had Purifiers charge through the front door to pick up a few more kills. While Frost was totally worthless. Unless we are talking Morrison in which case the curse was not broken due to afore mentioned carnage.

Spectacular Member

Schism was more about both personal problems and lifestyle.I agree with Wolverine about how children can't be raised as soldiers they need a life too.Scott was right too about how there were dangers out there and they needed to be ready.But the thing is Scott never realized what Wolverine was trying to say.Wolverine didn't suggest to let kids go and have picnic everyday, the thing was Wolverine just wanted a friendlier and more better place and he wanted children to have a life.While JGS is constantly under attack children still enjoy a good life there.Scott was a total d..k in there and said how he was right.Schism was a ridicilous idea because behind al the fight neither team did anything different.In fact Wolverine fought more then Scott.
    The difference in Logans and Scotts view is Scott would send children to fight while Wolverine thinks "I can defend them I can fight these battles for them they don't need to fight these battles right now" but Logan isn't a dreamer he still teaches these kids to protect themselves only Logan wants them to be ready against an attack, Scott thinks they will always be under attack so he thinks just like in Messiah Complex he thinks children should fight too.

BANNED

She has far too much fun with humans to get rid of them. Although that assumes that Cyclops' side would actually be anti-human or just anti-integration.

How so? The school lost a bus and then had Purifiers charge through the front door to pick up a few more kills. While Frost was totally worthless. Unless we are talking Morrison in which case the curse was not broken due to afore mentioned carnage.
    that bus wasn't her fault, and the new x-men are all still alive last time i checked. they survived the purifiers, necrosha and the avengers assault on utopia.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Yet another person forgetting Icarus betraying the x-men to peddle wrong "facts" in an argument........
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have always hated the whole team grouped together, but maybe that was because I started reading the X-Men back when the teams were all seperate and did there own thing. When the team is all in one place too many characters get regualted to wallpaper. People who bitch about the split just seem to ignore the fact that before it we had 5 main X-Men in every book and everyone else was used as filler. Every series focused on the same 5 characters more or less, and that was some of most boring X-Men stuff they have ever done. Yeah the pettiness and bickery could fade away, but I would much rather see MORE teams move off on their own then having all of them crammed back into that stupid mansion again. Keep Scott and his crew where they are. Move a team out to the west coast. Move a team back over to Europe. Anything at all just don't cram them all back in one god damned place again ever.