Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Getting the thread back on track a little, it seems from the Newsarama preview that at least the Frankenstein portion of Requiem is being acknowledged. Frankie remembers what happened in Greenland, and appears to be pretty pissed:

http://www.newsarama.com/21143-dc-pr...nstein-31.html
    I'd be pretty pissed off as well to be honest. Makes me wonder now if the fact that Jason hasn't said anything about Ethiopia means that he's willing to let it go to a degree. Just grasping at straws here.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-16-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Obsessing and projecting sexuality into a super hero comic where there is none is just fantasy wish fulfillment and slashfic territory. It creeps me out.
    Just sayin'.

And, to be honest, this is an industry borne out of Creep. If female superheroes can have costumes designed to show off or reveal as much of their body as possible, then the male heroes can afford to be "shipped".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Just sayin'.

And, to be honest, this is an industry borne out of Creep. If female superheroes can have costumes designed to show off or reveal as much of their body as possible, then the male heroes can afford to be "shipped".
    I think you're assuming that I am taking issue with them being male or gay.

It creeps me out in ALL forms. Some of the Superman/Wonder Woman fan art on Deviantart makes me cringe, too. I think it's a combination of frightening dungeon nerd+sexual dysfunction+bad art that looks like a 7 year old drew it+felt confident enough to upload to internet that puts me off. It's a big ball of weird masturbatory exhibitionist fan indulgence. That's your phrase for the day.

I can do without these things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    I think you're assuming that I am taking issue with them being male or gay.
    Oh, I wasn't actually. Sorry if it come off that way!

It creeps me out in ALL forms. Some of the Superman/Wonder Woman fan art on Deviantart makes me cringe, too. I think it's a combination of frightening dungeon nerd+sexual dysfunction+bad art that looks like a 7 year old drew it+felt confident enough to upload to internet that puts me off. It's a big ball of weird masturbatory exhibitionist fan indulgence. That's your phrase for the day.

I can do without these things.
    Me too, and I think it's great that we have New 52 Carol Ferris Star Sapphire costume over Pre Flashpoint Carol Ferris Star Sapphire Costume. But on the other hand, superhero comics really are Fantasy Wish Fulfillment - populated exclusively by attractive, charismatic characters. I like it to stay out of the comics, if it can, and I stay away from the whole Deviantart scene, but it's really not surprising that a fandom have tinges towards the masturbatory.