Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Loving it. I even love the stuff I hate, liker having to deal with superior complex spidey. Altough I have to admit all the spidey's dying is starting to get repetitive.

most of it isn't really thrilling me, but two things I'd like to see come out of this;
    1) A spider verse book, featuring the multi cultural spider men, like Spider UK, and the egyptian one.
    2) I didn't read the morlun saga the first time, but I kind of like the idea of Ezekiel as a spider character.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Not so. Morlun killed the character that got me into Spiderman in the first place:

You best be mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by JBH3 View Post
    I find myself more intrigued by Spider-Verse than I do Axis...maybe because I've read more of Axis and find it sort of boring?
    Same. 4 issues into Axis, and nothing has really happened. But Spider-verse was exciting before it even officially started, with the EOSV and tie-ins.

Not a lot of depth to it, as with the title in general, just Spider-Man dying over and over. At least when Morlun came to town the previous times, Pete still had a supporting cast to live for. Now even Aunt May has been shipped off and there's very little drama other than the impending Superior and Amazing clash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Not so. Morlun killed the character that got me into Spiderman in the first place:

It's not even true if unlimited is the 90s spiderman

It's been a while since I posted here, but this topic got me to break my silence. I LOVE Spider-Verse so far, it allows me to take a stroll down memory lane and see some of my favourite Spider-Men come back to the forefront... And die!

- Jason G. Carr

I'm not sure. I just don't want a stupid ending, or something cryptic that implies that Morlun will just be back next year for the same mayhem. This can easily enter a Kang-like level of ridiculousness with the ad nauseam "back for revenge! before you killed me!" appearances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Not a lot of depth to it, as with the title in general, just Spider-Man dying over and over. At least when Morlun came to town the previous times, Pete still had a supporting cast to live for. Now even Aunt May has been shipped off and there's very little drama other than the impending Superior and Amazing clash.
    This. The problems with this event are the same problems that have unfortunately been tainting this drivel since 2008. There is little to no soap opera or real stakes for Mephistoverse Peter other than protecting a bunch of Spiders with pretty niche fanbases and we all know the important ones AND the trendy ones are going to survive for the sake of further stories (and in SpOck's case, past ones), take away the nostalgia factor and the body count and there is nothing to keep anyone glued to this because the main character has no personal drive (and we have no personal investment in his supporting cast because the writers have made them either irrelevant or unlikeable, or both)
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 11-27-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertxtrem View Post
    You best be mistaken...
    Once again: Slott's position is that Unlimited and 90s Spidey are the same guy, and Slott killed Unlimited in ASM #7. I know we all want go go by the wiki numbers and believe that it's just "alternates" who died, but the author's intent seems to be that he's dead.

BANNED

Well this IS the same company that couldn't even get the right universe designation for the Ultimate universe right between issues regardless of author "intent", tee hee.

I am somewhat new to Marvel (been a DC girl most of my life) but I have been liking it so far but poor spider-cat (or whatever their name was). I am waiting for SpOck and regular spider-man to come face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Slott's decided to do such extensive work with Morlun, basically providing his origin and adding another big story with the villain.

It's a good attitude to have for a comics writer, since there's a tendency to ignore relatively recent characters in favor of the classics and new villains.

But I just wouldn't have expected Slott to build on JMS.
    I say "It's about time" when it comes to that. Morlun was an interesting character when he was introduced over a decade ago and quite frankly, his introduction arc was the first one i read when I got back into Spider-Man. He was a major threat then and then his second appearance was a bit of a joke. It's nice to see him being a massive threat like he should be IMO.

It is early in the event so it COULD go south....but I'm optimistic about this.

Random Spider-Verse thoughts.

Marvel's trade department has to be pretty happy with a story that gives them excuses to collect otherwise obscure one-shots for Spider-Verse Companion TPBs.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any similar project with other Marvel heroes. Superior Spider-Man was followed by Superior Iron Man. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a Wolver-verse an year from now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Random Spider-Verse thoughts.

Marvel's trade department has to be pretty happy with a story that gives them excuses to collect otherwise obscure one-shots for Spider-Verse Companion TPBs.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any similar project with other Marvel heroes. Superior Spider-Man was followed by Superior Iron Man. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a Wolver-verse an year from now.
    Hah. I suggested in another thread that Marvel could make their multiverse more open due to Secret Wars and spend the next year having interdimensional crossovers like Spider-Verse. More reason for stuff like Spider-Man Noir to get published.