Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Claw of Justice!

20 minutes until the sale. Good luck, everybody.

Site crashed again. People need to chill on the refreshing.

That's probably not going to happen. They are going to have to do either an unannounced sale or auction style.

I'm sure Christine will figure out the option that works best for her.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    That's probably not going to happen. They are going to have to do either an unannounced sale or auction style.
    Somebody on Facebook asked about an unannounced sale, but the answer was no. I don't know whether an auction style sale is a possibility or not.

They could put them on ebay if they wanted. Seems that not the route the want to go.

I also saw Christine say on Facebook that an auction is out of the question. I guess they better beef up their website.

The Claw of Justice!

A preview of the art will be posted later today on Mike's site, according to Facebook, and the sale is Monday at 10 AM PST.

Those pages are so good. God it's tempting, but I just don't have that kind of cash at the moment. I knew that going in, but I still wanted to see them, knowing I'd want to buy one. Dammit.

I think the artwork preview is a really good idea.

And I'm always relieved that upon seeing new original artwork that I'd be still comfortable both as enjoying my own past opportunities onto it. I'm glad to have the luxury of feeling I have what stuff I have already, both as having had the opportunity of meeting people both as seeing art come together the way I did. As such I can really see interest as amounting to having websites crash.

A bit like shopping for clothes or the need for a new car making me thrilled whenever I'm not needing to reserve funds or bother onto such, due to being covered already!

I'm glad that CBM both as mr Mike appear to still seek to be offering any people anyplace the opportunity onto purchases or enjoyment no matter where they'd be. Because of how awesome all that can be.

As awesome as a blank eyed frog monster looking at you!
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Did anyone try the art sale today? I was able to get a page!

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    Did anyone try the art sale today? I was able to get a page!
    I didn't try to get anything, but according to Mike's Facebook page this will be their last online art sale.
    Here's a quote, from Facebook:
    Yes this was a mess...something has happened where we have sold some pages multiple of times so sorry to say some of you will be disappointed...I am sorry for this mess up...we will never have an art sale online again... Christine
    I hope there are no issues with the page you got!

I saw that, the whole thing was a nightmare for her this year. I haven't heard anything from her yet saying I didn't get the page so I think I'm good. I'll know for sure when I get the email saying it shipped.

As user knowledge of artofmikemignola.com has increased over the years, likely wherever the site is being hosted just got overwhelmed by the demand, and this sort of thing happens so infrequently (the occasional art sale and garage cleaning sale) that it's just not worth it for them to go to something with more bandwidth. The could always use an auction hosting site (not eBay, but online equivalents to Sotheby's) but then that would mean the auction site gets a cut, which may or may not be worth it depending on how they see it.

Anyhow, in the past I've been very happy being able to buy prints and sketchbooks and the occasional other merchandise directly from the artist, and I'll continue to do so.