Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I quite liked this entire issue. It was a definite shift in tone and direction moving away from Diana and her family of Gods (and THEIR issues) to focusing more on Diana's personal and emotional self.

Meredith and David and Sonia...if you read this, much kudos, indeed. I'm certainly looking forward to where you are taking this book.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Okay, enough.

Listen up.

Anyone is free to discuss any run, whether they liked it or not, and compare it to the current run if they so choose.

You are free to hate the Azz run. You are free to love it. Ditto for the Finch run...and the Perez run...and the Simone run, etc.

No one, and I mean NO ONE has the right to set terms for any poster on this board. You can ask for someone's opinion (i.e. 'what do you think of this run as a stand-alone and not compared to past runs,') but enough with 'I'll stop if you stop'.

Likewise, enough with speculating as to why other people like or dislike a run. No more 'you only like it because...' or 'you only hate it because...' This is a topic for discussion if and ONLY if the original poster makes such a statement i.e. 'I only hate the current run because it's not the past run I loved.' No more putting words into people's posts and motivation behind their likes and dislikes. That's crossing the 'personal' line.

We're all WW fans or we wouldn't be here. That goes for those who have been fans for decades, fans for years, or fans who just found WW yesterday.

Next person who brings this topic up again will get a few days off. It's gone on long enough.
    standingovation.jpg

10 characters.

Amazing Member

Sorry for the bump, but I just got around to reading this (I'm a bit behind, I know).

I must say...I actually really liked the new direction. Maybe I'll catch some heat, but I was close to dropping Wonder Woman, but this issue is keeping me on for the time being, for sure.

All-New Member

Just read this since it was on sale for a $1 at Comixology.

Three thoughts.

1) Finch's art is mediocre at best, his version of the Justice League all looked like badly-rendered teenagers. It's embarrassing how much better Fabok is on Justice League given the gulf in experience and given he just has to have his wife pass him script pages to work on instead of waiting on the other end of an email chain.

2) Meredith Finch does not appear to have read a single issue of the Azz run. She has the dubious honour of making WW in early Justice League seem balanced, perceptive and mature.

3) I thought there would be at least some cheesecake factor but this was as joyless, unimaginative and sexless a book as any mainstream comic book release.

Looks like I can safely ignore this run. DC obviously decided having quality teams on this character was a breach of tradition.

I might have not liked any of the chances Azz made but at least he give an ending in where the sons and mothers could have bonded it and leading into the amazons learning the sons skills. Yes I don't mind if the sons had been moved outside of the city but slowly a few amazons would visit and than a reunion would happen. Question how many men were there not all of them could have died