Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I enjoyed it
    but still in the spirit of this thread I will make a complaint.
    It felt to short.
    I mean, did any one else turn the page after the last looking for the story to continue and than
    have to do a re-count to see if the book actually was twenty pages?
    It just read so quickly and my liking it very much, made it seem even faster.

I think it was bad. But I won't say much about it, doesn't deserve my time.

I'll just say that Swamp Thing was completely guest staring on it just for the sake of guest staring. With a variant cover and all! Someone somewhere said Meredith had said ST would appear because David liked to draw him... I guess that should be a good enough reason.
    And now I'm thinking that hooded woman in issue #30 was actually this old woman... but it seemed too much like Strife back then.

And the thing that pops up to me... the dialogue is like the opposite of what it has been. Instead of being subtle (sometimes too subtle for some), it's over exposing. We had Diana saying that Amazons' society should evolve before, but not explictly saying that with all the words. And there's no need to. The thing with the teddy bear also shows that: it should intrigue you, but it's just too evident that something happened about a child friend of hers and now she is all weak and that will be explained soon.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 11-19-2014 at 04:37 PM.

To my surprise I actually quite enjoyed this issue.

Sure the writing might of been too simple for my tastes, but I'm sure Finch's art and the Swamp Thing cameo more than made up for that.

I'm considering giving this book a shot, just to see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

So when Azz is the writer of an issue, reviews are authorative but when it's Meredith, they're not crutical or easily ripped apart? That sounds like hypocrisy to me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So when Azz is the writer of an issue, reviews are authorative but when it's Meredith, they're not crutical or easily ripped apart? That sounds like hypocrisy to me.
    has CBR done a review for this yet?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

1. I miss Chiang's art. I always liked it as it was stylish and Diana came across as mature and dignified. Finch's artwork is just horrible, especially in comparison (but I agree, it is not as bad as She Hulk):

2. The dialogue is very stilted and awkward in many spots, and Diana comes across as very whiny, immature and not at all the self-assured woman she has been. When JL's WW characterization is better than in her own book, something is a bit off.

3. The storyline is interesting if a bit generic, and though I hated Diana's 'kick first, skip the questions,' at least it's acknowledged that that's not her usual self.

4. That being said, that conversation between Diana and Arthur was just nauseating to me. Diana has been juggling rulership of Themyscira, protection of Zeke, integration of the manazons, Superdoom and her JL duties without any problems. Plenty of other characters in the DCU juggle just as much if not more without falling apart - came across as 'weak woman needs to whine to strong man who will guide her.' I'm hoping this scene was just Meredith's very awkeward way of bringing new readers up to speed and that this is the last we will see of no-confidence woman. This clashed horribly with the end of Azzarello's run which she had said she was dove-tailing with; the 'I am all these things but all I really need to be is me' speech was solid, and following it up with 'I don't know how to do this!' just didn't work for me.

2/5

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    the reviews I saw for this issue was pretty bad grades
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-19-2014 at 04:53 PM.

I think its rather a stretch to say that the scene with Arthur as tantamount to her falling apart. She's feeling the weight of things and confided into a friend about it. Because he asked. That's not whining, and there's nothing weak about that. It takes strength to open up like that, in fact. None of this takes away from the fact that she is juggling all these things regardless. Acknowledging its hard doesn't take away from the fact that she is indeed taking it all on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-19-2014 at 04:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think its rather a stretch to say that the scene with Arthur as tantamount to her falling apart. She's feeling the weight of things and confided into a friend about it. Because he asked. That's not whining, and there's nothing weak about that. It takes strength to open up like that, in fact.
    sure, but takes more strenght to not be afraid of doing mistakes like WW did on Azz run.

My main problem with that scene with arthur is, again, how over expositive it is. When you have Diana saying "she's trying to not let her sisters kill her brothers", the subtlety has vanished entirely.

Also, I didn't quite understand what the old woman was saying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Really? The art is worse than She-Hulk? Really?
    I didn't read she-hulk, but spider woman and black widow; but at least Pulido on the art of she-hulk can deliver that she is a strong woman not a teenager. Land has the opposite problem his teenager seems to have the same age than his adult woman

I like the art in she hulk.

Anyway, I was thinking about how my thoughts could be clouded over this issue... but before I read I was actually thinking it would be okay. It wasn't.

And about the "new queen", I think it will be Queen Clea.

I'm going to be honest here... I wasn't a fan. Diana looked, as we all knew already, bizzarely childish. The story itself was pretty dull, but I did enjoy the banter between Amazons. But the Justice League stuff was a snore to me, as was Swamp Thing. The big Hippolyta "reveal" is nothing that hasn't been done a hundred times before.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I haven't seen She-Hulk, but it'd have to be something Liefeld-esque to beat this.

Attachment 13324

Attachment 13325

Attachment 13326
    Other than the way David draws Wondy's face tiny, this is far from the worst art.