Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    I seem to recall Tomasi saying he viewed the book as Wonder Woman/Superman

To me it seems the same it has always been, maybe worse

Mmm, I think you may be referring to Manhke's interview. It was him who said he liked to draw Wonder Woman more than Superman, not Tomasi.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Yeah, you're right. I remembered it was Manhke, but then I thought it wouldn't make sense for him to say that about the story, but he was actually talking about only the art...

BANNED

anyway this logo is more accurate lols

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If that is the case, then logically the reverse must also be true.

Here is how that scene plays out from some people's perspective.

Diana: TAXI!

Normal Woman:
    Hey, you're Wonder Woman!

Diana: Yes, and this is my cab.

Normal Woman: But - it's pouring out here. I'm getting soaked.

Diana: So am I.

Normal Woman: Can you get a cold?

Diana: No.

Normal Woman: And can't you fly? Couldn't you just fly to where you're going?

Diana: That's not the point. I'm on a date and I want to act like a normal person.

Normal Woman: So you don't need a cab, you just want one for fun?

Diana: So I can feel normal, yes.

Normal Woman: Well, I'll tell you what. Stand here for another half hour in the pouring rain getting pneumonia while some well off sexy socialite takes off in a cab you could use but they grab as a pure indulgence, and maybe you'll start to know how normal people feel.
    That woman sounds like she has a sense of entitlement, as if she is owed something. I wonder, if she would be willing to judge herself with the same standard she uses on Diana. Would she be willing to give up things in her life, that she doesn't need, for the sake of someone who does, or is this a double standard.

Which brings me to Clark. He doesn't need to eat, yet he indulges in this activity, because it makes him feel more human, while all around the world, people are dying of hunger. Where is his compassion?, how does he sleep at night knowing this?. Oh wait!!, he doesn't even need to sleep, just like crime doesn't get to sleep, yet he chooses to close his eyes and ears to the rest of the world, as in, see and hear no evil, while crimes are being committed. I would ask, how he sleeps at night, but that would be redundant. He doesn't even need a shelter to sleep in, he is invulnerable, while homeless people would love to have a roof over there heads and a warm place to sleep, instead of cardboard boxes to protect them from the environment. He could be doing a lot more with his powers, but instead he prefers indulging in activities to feel closer to humans, and humans are selfish, so he must be doing something right, because even his act of helping others, was an act of selfishness.

Which brings me to Diana. I highly doubt the people who judge her, would be as happy, as patient, or as compassionate as they wish her to be, if they were in her soaking wet shoes. But because she has super powers, she is somehow supposed to be above such petty human emotions. So, she is not perfect, but I don't know of any human that is.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-23-2014 at 10:56 PM.

If that is the case, then logically the reverse must also be true.

Here is how that scene plays out from some people's perspective.

Diana: TAXI!

Normal Woman:
    Hey, you're Wonder Woman!

Diana: Yes, and this is my cab.

Normal Woman: But - it's pouring out here. I'm getting soaked.

Diana: So am I.

Normal Woman: Can you get a cold?

Diana: No.

Normal Woman: And can't you fly? Couldn't you just fly to where you're going?

Diana: That's not the point. I'm on a date and I want to act like a normal person.

Normal Woman: So you don't need a cab, you just want one for fun?

Diana: So I can feel normal, yes.

Normal Woman: Well, I'll tell you what. Stand here for another half hour in the pouring rain getting pneumonia while some well off sexy socialite takes off in a cab you could use but they grab as a pure indulgence, and maybe you'll start to know how normal people feel.
    Meh, logically they all just call Uber and no one ends up wet or stuck without a cab

Extraordinary Member

Its true Clark doesnt need to eat. On the other hand there is enough food to actually feed the planet. So his not eating would make no difference.

Unlike here where there are a limited number of cabs.

if a person swims in boots at the bottom of the ocean, why would they care about wet shoes?
    Last edited by brettc1; 11-23-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Sad, but too true.

Its pretty inaccurate, in reality. Funny, but overall untrue looking at the totality of the run thus far. The only thing clearly featured more heavily thus far is that they've dipped far more into Superman's rogues than Wonder Woman's. And that can probably be attributed to an overall lack of attention of Wonder Woman's rogue's gallery across the board for years now (which needs to be addressed, here and in her own title). That's it though; in terms of the individual characters themselves, its been quite balanced, outside the Annual and SM/WW's final Doomed chapter, two issues that are exceptions and unacceptably short on Diana.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-24-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Its true Clark doesnt need to eat. On the other hand there is enough food to actually feed the planet. So his not eating would make no difference.

Unlike here where there are a limited number of cabs.

if a person swims in boots at the bottom of the ocean, why would they care about wet shoes?
    Mmm...there are still people who die because they don't have anything to eat in the world, though... He could give that food he doesn't need to a kid who is going to die without it...

On the other hand all those people have to do not to get wet is find a repair (a shop, a balcony), call the taxi and go outside when it arrives. Probably they are going to arrive to the opera late...well, they won't die like that kid.
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 11-24-2014 at 04:11 AM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Mmm...there are still people who die because they don't have anything to eat in the world, though... He could give that food he doesn't need to a kid who is going to die without it...
    Yes, he could. Realistically between Superman and the Flash we should have unilateral disarmament and an end to hunger.

However, it is true that humans could fix this problem themselves without Superman's assistance. The food is there - we simply choose not to share it equally.

In any case, the point remains that if you are an immortal goddess with the powers of invulnerability and super-speed flight, it is pretty petty to moaning about the fact that other people who can actually die of pneumonia might need a cab more than you do.

It's like the President of the United States booking out a whole 747 plane and forcing other passengers to miss their holiday flight just because he didn't feel like using Air Force One this Thanksgiving.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Yes, he could. Realistically between Superman and the Flash we should have unilateral disarmament and an end to hunger.

However, it is true that humans could fix this problem themselves without Superman's assistance. The food is there - we simply choose not to share it equally.

In any case, the point remains that if you are an immortal goddess with the powers of invulnerability and super-speed flight, it is pretty petty to moaning about the fact that other people who can actually die of pneumonia might need a cab more than you do.

It's like the President of the United States booking out a whole 747 plane and forcing other passengers to miss their holiday flight just because he didn't feel like using Air Force One this Thanksgiving.
    They are not going to die of pneumonia u.u Just find a repair, a balcony, a shop, call the taxi and go outside when it arrives... People find and take cabs on their own without needing Superman's help as well u.u

While those people, those kids, actually really need someone to give them food because they don't have the money and resource to get it on their own, people can get taxis on their own.

But yes, Superman and Wonder Woman don't need a taxi. There's no reason for them to wait for one and then give it to others as well, though. They just should fly or walk. That's why for me that scene doesn't make sense. Maybe it was just supposed to be funny. But I don't find it funny at all since it just makes Diana look bad for no reason. When you actually analyze it, it doesn't make sense.

Edit: Oh...actually thinking about it and looking at the first pages of the flashback I think I found a sense in it, actually.
    Helping people take cabs is something pretty meaningless for heroes like Superman and Wonder Woman. That's actually one of those cases in which people should 'save' themselves. They don't need heroes for such a thing, they can do it on their own.

They'd better spend that time actually saving people who really need their help and can't save themselves on their own.
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 11-24-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Spectacular Member teardropmina's Avatar

Edit: Oh...actually thinking about it and looking at the first pages of the flashback I think I found a sense in it, actually.
    Helping people take cabs is something pretty meaningless for heroes like Superman and Wonder Woman. That's actually one of those cases in which people should 'save' themselves. They don't need heroes for such a thing, they can do it on their own.

They'd better spend that time actually saving people who really need their help and can't save themselves on their own.
    if this were the case, the same idea can easily come across without butchering Diana's personality; they could just flight date up high and observe human fighting over cabs, and have some foods for thought.

anyway, there's no need for them to date like normal people, they are power couple.

Extraordinary Member

They are not going to die of pneumonia u.u Just find a repair, a balcony, a shop, call the taxi and go outside when it arrives... People find and take cabs on their own without needing Superman's help as well u.u

While those people, those kids, actually really need someone to give them food because they don't have the money and resource to get it on their own, people can get taxis on their own.
    Unless Wonder Woman gets to it first.

Unless Wonder Woman gets to it first.
    And even in that case it will be only one. She won't catch those which come after. And she wouldn't catch anyone on her own: Clark's fault for not wanting to walk under the rain. =)...except for the fact that even after his big idea of taking a taxi, they are anyway under the rain, so...

Quote Originally Posted by teardropmina View Post
    if this were the case, the same idea can easily come across without butchering Diana's personality; they could just flight date up high and observe human fighting over cabs, and have some foods for thought.

anyway, there's no need for them to date like normal people, they are power couple.
    Oh, I agree on this. I'm just saying that the scene could actually make sense even considering Diana's 'monologue' in the flashback, but of course, at least apparently, it makes Diana look bad, and that's something that could and should have been avoided.