Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default New Life of Reilly book publication

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information regarding the status of the new Life Of Reilly publication project (with new inputs of all key figures during the Clone Saga era. It is supposed to have A LOT of new information from more creators)?
    Last time I heard it was in final phase (this was in 2010).

Can anyone get in contact with Andrew Goletz (the creator/writer of Life of Reilly)?

In case he is reading along:

How are you doing Andrew Goletz? You must be very busy (mostly with GrayHaven Comic).
    Me and many other Spiderman fans would like to request the status of the new Life Of Reilly publication. Is this project still alive?

It's been over 4 years (edit: 6 years) since you reported that 'The end is in sight'.

Last time you informed on this forum that you were getting back at it due to renewed interest in the Clone Saga (when the Clone Saga was being retold in the limited series by DeFalco).

With great content comes great publishing responsibilities...
    Many key-figures took valuable time in their schedule and entrusted you with fascinating unique information believing that you would bring it to the people. Unfortunately you haven't been able to fulfill this 'publishing responsibility' yet.
    The interest may have been declined by now, but we are still counting on you.
    Last edited by wess; 07-26-2016 at 10:58 AM.

If you want to get in touch with him, he's on twitter.

https://twitter.com/gatheringcomic

I have not heard any updates about the potential publication of the book.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Hey Wes,

Thanks for the kind words.

Time just got away. I thought at the time I had a really good shot of getting the book published with the blessing of the powers that be but that was not to be the case so a plan 'b' was called for. Then life and GrayHaven and mainly life took hold.

Each new callback to the Clone Saga (return of Kaine, Scarlet Spiders mini) has me open the old word file and start looking at it again making the slightest of tweaks

Whether 1 reader or 100,000 readers want the 'corrected' version I feel like it's a monkey I want to get off my back (as does Glenn).

So no hard date set but yes I do want to get the complete Life of Reilly done sooner than later.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GatheringComic View Post
    Hey Wes,

Thanks for the kind words.

Time just got away. I thought at the time I had a really good shot of getting the book published with the blessing of the powers that be but that was not to be the case so a plan 'b' was called for. Then life and GrayHaven and mainly life took hold.

Each new callback to the Clone Saga (return of Kaine, Scarlet Spiders mini) has me open the old word file and start looking at it again making the slightest of tweaks

Whether 1 reader or 100,000 readers want the 'corrected' version I feel like it's a monkey I want to get off my back (as does Glenn).

So no hard date set but yes I do want to get the complete Life of Reilly done sooner than later.
    Thanks for the reply!
    After all this time, I did wish you would just release the current version (a story is never perfectly done. You'll always find stuff to tweak to death). Or even a W.I.P. digital version (I'd pay for that).
    But I guess you know better...

Last edited by wess; 11-21-2014 at 06:09 AM.

BANNED

You know given the storyline in the "Life of Reilly" even I am curious to see your take on how Spider-verse deals with the Ben Reilly character or how To, Defaclo gave Ben Reilly a son in Darkdevil ?

Fantastic Member

I think it's coming out the same day as the Loeb Campbell mini

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I think it's coming out the same day as the Loeb Campbell mini
    I'm not that pessimistic (even though GatheringComic/Andrews rep in this isn't looking pretty at all).
    I believe it will come out on the same day as the Kevin Smith Daredevil/Bullseye mini conclusion...

Last edited by wess; 11-24-2014 at 10:17 AM.

All-New Member

Exactly one year later I have come back to kindly ask for a status update on this new "Life of Reilly" publication project.

I haven't heard anything on this project since this post, but maybe others have...

@GatheringComic how are you doing?

BANNED

Would be cool to hear some news as well, but "the powers that be" concern me about whether this would be published or not. Particularly because they already have published two different collections about Reilly already and since he`s not currently showing up they may feel an improved vision is unwarranted.

Fingers crossed.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Would be cool to hear some news as well, but "the powers that be" concern me about whether this would be published or not. Particularly because they already have published two different collections about Reilly already and since he`s not currently showing up they may feel an improved vision is unwarranted.

Fingers crossed.
    I highly doubt Marvel would mind someone telling a story about internal circumstances during a comic-story told more than 20 years ago. They didn't take any action towards the blog...

I'm still hoping that Andrew Goletz or Glen Greenberg will give us a status update.

BANNED

With the Clone saga expected to make a comeback in the fall. It would be nice to see this book published in some way or another.

At the very least have an updated version of it to include the new information of the saga of Ben Reilly.

All-New Member

616 days (or 1 year, 8 months, 8 days) after the original post I have come back to kindly ask for a status update on this new "Life of Reilly" publication project.

I haven't heard anything on this project for almost two years, but maybe others have...

@GatheringComic Andre Goletz how are you doing?
    Almost two years ago you said in this topic: "So no hard date set but yes I do want to get the complete Life of Reilly done sooner than later".
    How are things going?
    Last edited by wess; 07-26-2016 at 10:56 AM.

All-New Member

It seems hard to get the attention of the writers (Andrew Goletz and Glenn Greenberg). Even after tweeting them both.

Maybe we can get their attention if we tweet them as a group and convince them of the still remaining interest in this project?
    Anyone care to join to show their interest in this forgotten project and convince/support the writers to go on with it?

If so, send a tweet to @GrayHavenComics and @GlennLGreenberg .

I tweeted as following:

@GrayHavenComics @GlennLGreenberg could you please look at http://community.comicbookresources....ok-publication ? We still support and have interest in this project! tnx
    Last edited by wess; 08-04-2016 at 06:16 PM.

BANNED

As a Comic fan it breaks my heart not watching this endeveour being backed up. I`m thinking with Marvel not helping at all, they just decided to go for greaner grasses.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    As a Comic fan it breaks my heart not watching this endeveour being backed up. I`m thinking with Marvel not helping at all, they just decided to go for greaner grasses.
    It breaks my hearth too. Especially since the material is reportedly finished (since 2010).

Come on fellow spiderfans! Lets join up and make something happen. It takes just a few seconds of your time to tweet the writers and convince them to continue the project.

Send a tweet to @GrayHavenComics and @GlennLGreenberg .

I tweeted as following:

@GrayHavenComics @GlennLGreenberg could you please look at http://http://community.comicbookres...ok-publication ? We still support and have interest in your project! tnx
    Last edited by wess; 08-04-2016 at 06:45 PM.