Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Bumpety bump!

I voted. Woohoo.

I'm not so knowledgeable of DC but, I've heard of several runs that interest me over the last couple of years.

Superman by Byrne
    The Question by O'Neil
    Green Arrow by Grell
    The Flash by Waid
    Aquaman by David
    Saga of the Swamp Thing by Moore
    Wonder Woman by Azzarello
    Gotham Central by Brubaker & Rucka
    Stormwatch/The Authority by Ellis
    Infinite Crisis reprint

I just want a JLA by morrison omni

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson2099 View Post
    I'm not so knowledgeable of DC but, I've heard of several runs that interest me over the last couple of years.

Superman by Byrne
    The Question by O'Neil
    Green Arrow by Grell
    The Flash by Waid
    Aquaman by David
    Saga of the Swamp Thing by Moore
    Wonder Woman by Azzarello
    Gotham Central by Brubaker & Rucka
    Stormwatch/The Authority by Ellis
    Infinite Crisis reprint
    Then why don't vote for those run.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    I just want a JLA by morrison omni
    There must be something else you want right ?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Bump

So, I'm considering sending my own Top 10, but I know VERY little about DC Comics in general. I've heard mention of many series I would be interested in reading in Omnibus form, but I'd have to research how many issues exist and how many Omnibus that would make. I might check the wishlist thread to get some ideas. Any chance I can post a few series and someone can give me an idea of how many volumes that would come out to?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    So, I'm considering sending my own Top 10, but I know VERY little about DC Comics in general. I've heard mention of many series I would be interested in reading in Omnibus form, but I'd have to research how many issues exist and how many Omnibus that would make. I might check the wishlist thread to get some ideas. Any chance I can post a few series and someone can give me an idea of how many volumes that would come out to?
    Sure, I've done that a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Sure, I've done that a couple of times.
    Awesome! Thanks. About to go through the wishlist thread, but here's a few off the top of my head. Will edit as I read up.

Ex-Machina (Assuming more than one Omnibus?)
    The Authority (Another related series tied to it?)
    Hellblazer (I have no idea how many issues exist. May take up all top ten?)
    Astro City

Awesome! Thanks. About to go through the wishlist thread, but here's a few off the top of my head. Will edit as I read up.

Ex-Machina (Assuming more than one Omnibus?)
    The Authority (Another related series tied to it?)
    Hellblazer (I have no idea how many issues exist. May take up all top ten?)
    Astro City
    Let's see:

The Authority has multiple tuns but I'm assuming you mean the first volume. The first volume has 29 issues with 11 by Ellis. Ellis created the serie as the continuation of Stormwatch, I have had some votes for a Stormwatch/Authority omni by Ellis, which would collect about 35 issues. It's up to you wheter you want an Ellis omnibus or an Authority omnibus including the Millar stuff.

Hellblazee spans over 300 issues. The first 40 issues are done by Delano, the next 40 are done by Ennis. Ennis' and Delano's run are generally considered the best but you can't go wrong with a lot of other writers either like Ellis and Azzarello.

Ex Machina has 50 issues and about 4 or 5 specials if I remember correctly. It's up to you wheter you want one huge omni or 2 smaller ones.

Astro City has had various titles (one is even still ongoing) but it's dividable in 2 omni's. Everything up to the Dark Age brings it to 35 something issues and the rest will be about 40-50 issues depending on how long the ongoing will last.

What are some of favorite writers Danmar? Maybe I can make a few suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Let's see:

The Authority has multiple tuns but I'm assuming you mean the first volume. The first volume has 29 issues with 11 by Ellis. Ellis created the serie as the continuation of Stormwatch, I have had some votes for a Stormwatch/Authority omni by Ellis, which would collect about 35 issues. It's up to you wheter you want an Ellis omnibus or an Authority omnibus including the Millar stuff.

Hellblazee spans over 300 issues. The first 40 issues are done by Delano, the next 40 are done by Ennis. Ennis' and Delano's run are generally considered the best but you can't go wrong with a lot of other writers either like Ellis and Azzarello.

Ex Machina has 50 issues and about 4 or 5 specials if I remember correctly. It's up to you wheter you want one huge omni or 2 smaller ones.

Astro City has had various titles (one is even still ongoing) but it's dividable in 2 omni's. Everything up to the Dark Age brings it to 35 something issues and the rest will be about 40-50 issues depending on how long the ongoing will last.

What are some of favorite writers Danmar? Maybe I can make a few suggestions

I appreciate the help. Sadly, I haven't read very much as of now. Most of my collection is pretty new and I just haven't had much time to read anything lately. Especially now with the holidays going on. The best I can do is mention a few writers that intrigue me.

Brian K. Vaughan is up there. I find myself wanting to collect most of what he's involved in, thus wanting Ex Machina as a possible Omnibus, In this case 2 volumes because I personally think one giant book would be too unwieldy. The usual's come to mind that everyone names. Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis. Ed Brubaker, but other than Sleeper, does he have any major runs on DC series?

I've been wanting to pick up the One Million Omnibus, but more so Kingdom Come. I believe that isn't available in HC other than Absolute and even that is very pricey or am I wrong? I prefer good stand alone stories if possible.

I've never read The Dark Knight Returns. Does an Omnibus exist that encompasses Returns and Strikes Again? I would potentially put that on a list. I would even add the possible part 3 I heard rumors of recently.

In regard to Stormwatch/The Authority, I'm pretty clueless on the series. I read up on it a bit, but I was thoroughly confused by the continuity.

Ed Brubaker, but other than Sleeper, does he have any major runs on DC series?
    He had a run on Catwoman, Batman/Detective Comics, Gotham Central and a short one on the Authority.
    BB

bump for vote

-M

I appreciate the help. Sadly, I haven't read very much as of now. Most of my collection is pretty new and I just haven't had much time to read anything lately. Especially now with the holidays going on. The best I can do is mention a few writers that intrigue me.

Brian K. Vaughan is up there. I find myself wanting to collect most of what he's involved in, thus wanting Ex Machina as a possible Omnibus, In this case 2 volumes because I personally think one giant book would be too unwieldy. The usual's come to mind that everyone names. Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis. Ed Brubaker, but other than Sleeper, does he have any major runs on DC series?

I've been wanting to pick up the One Million Omnibus, but more so Kingdom Come. I believe that isn't available in HC other than Absolute and even that is very pricey or am I wrong? I prefer good stand alone stories if possible.

I've never read The Dark Knight Returns. Does an Omnibus exist that encompasses Returns and Strikes Again? I would potentially put that on a list. I would even add the possible part 3 I heard rumors of recently.

In regard to Stormwatch/The Authority, I'm pretty clueless on the series. I read up on it a bit, but I was thoroughly confused by the continuity.
    Brubaker's Catwoman, Batman and Gotham Central are awesome. Dark Knight Returns and Strikes Again have been collected in one Absolute.

Runs you might be interested in are:
    Swamp Thing by Moore
    Swamp Thing by Vaughan
    Morrison's Batman
    Morrison's JLA
    Transmetropolitan by Ellis

Some Stormwatch history:
    Stormwatch was created by Jim Lee. Ellis took over at #37. He wrote all the issues till #50. The title was relaunched and Ellis wrote all the 11 issues of that volume. The series then changed into the Authority, of which Ellis also wrote the first 11 issues. Millar then took over as the regular writer of Authority.